ISA Study Abroad in Dublin, Ireland

ISA Study Abroad in Dublin, Ireland

Study abroad with ISA in Dublin! In this young and international city, ISA students will have a wonderful time exploring the Irish heritage in the country's capital. Students can choose from courses at Trinity College, University College Dublin and Maynooth University.

Europe » Ireland » Dublin
• Scholarship Opportunities

Morgan
Newton,MA

Sin é

Studying abroad in Dublin was the best decision of my life. Deciding to study in Dublin wasn't an extensive decision- it was just something I knew I wanted to do. I didn't have "Irish" family (something you immediately learn to not say once you land in Ireland) and I'd never been to the country before- I just knew I wanted to go to Dublin. It felt right.

I knew my decision was right when I stepped off the plane in Dublin airport. The city is amazing and has an energy that can't be duplicated. The people are lovely, the city is beautiful, and has this strong sense of identity like no where else I've ever seen.
My favorite part of Dublin is the plethora of things to do, no matter you interest. A city based in such rich history- literary, sport, and historical history- there is so much going on in a place that has perfectly balanced old and new. Go to a book or music shop. Go to a cafe. Hungry? Go to one of the food or book markets. Want to stay outside? Go to Pheonix Park, the largest park in Europe. Want to go inside? Hit up the museums. They're everywhere, unique and interesting, and they are FREE. Go grab a pint and people watch. Go to Penneys. Just do it, even though you'll spend all your money. I met some of my best friends here, and we had some amazing, crazy adventures (30 Euro flight to the French Riviera? Okay!) but some of my favorite memories are just walking down Dame or O'Connell Street, and looking at everything- the people, the buildings, the buses. It's a beautiful city with so much to do, and everything is so accessible that it's impossible to have regrets.
Dublin is my favorite city in the world. Within days, it felt like home- partially due to my willingness to let it, but mostly due to the friendliness, style, and diversity of the city. If I could do the whole semester over again, I would- not to make any changes, but so I could relive it again! I miss this place and the people I met their every day. Slainte!

I would have liked more things to do on the overnights- ex rather spend the whole day in Galway City, the option to go to Connemara or the Aran Islands. Just because it was hard to get back out there!

Abby
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Virginia Wesleyan College

ISA Study Abroad Fall 2014

This was my second time in Ireland with ISA and this trip was just as amazing as the first time! I love using ISA because of all of the support they give! Any question I had or problem I faced, the resident director was available to answer and help me out! They definitely were the perfect fit for me!

I think I would change the amount of activities we did inside Dublin. While we took lots of trips around Ireland, it would have been nice to spend some time exploring Dublin as a group, especially at first.

Parker
Salt Lake City, UT
University of Utah

University College of Dublin

Wow, that is the first word that comes to mind. Ireland is a beautiful country with an even better culture. It's not as much as a place but the people that make a place wonderful, that is what University College of Dublin and Dublin Ireland did for me. Assimilating into the culture was very easy and the talking with Irish and International students made it even easier. While I was at UCD I lived in the dorms which made the experience even better being on campus while close enough to the city if you wanted to do something downtown. Classes were a different style that I was used to but I learned new study habits and utilized my resources more. If you wanted to go away for the weekend the airport was close enough to be there in 40 minutes and could travel to many other European countries at a cheap price, thanks Ryanair! Having an ISA student and faculty in the country made it easier if we had any issues or if we wanted to do something fun, they were just as excited to do experience it with us students! Overall, UCD and Ireland was one of the best experience I have ever had in my entire life.

Letting students know that If you live on campus, there are guard gates with guards on the parameters of the dorms and can't invite friends in after 10 pm.

bschaffer
Ann Arbor, MI
University of Michigan

STUDY ABROAD IN IRELAND!

I had an amazing time in Dublin, Ireland and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great program academically as well as a location where the social scene is phenomenal. Trinity has so much to offer academically- all of the classes I took abroad transferred easily into my home university and counted toward my degree and program. Trinity also had a lot of clubs and organizations available for study abroad students. I took part in several of them and got to travel all around Ireland with their help. Not only is Trinity great, but so is the city of Dublin. The people are the most friendly people I've ever met and are ALWAYS up for a good time. If you like to be social, then Dublin is perfect for you. A day doesn't go by that I don't wish I was back in Dublin. I hope some of you choose to do this program because it most certainly made an amazing impact on my life and gave me an experience I will be taking about for a lifetime.

As a leader in international education for over twenty-five years, ISA is dedicated to providing university level students with the opportunity to discover, learn, and enjoy a way of life other than their own. ISA offers a diverse portfolio of education abroad programs across Africa,