Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin offers a wide range of world-class postgraduate programs at both Masters and Doctoral (PhD) level. Our renowned interdisciplinary research centres and institutes attract leading researchers in every discipline, from biomedical engineering to film studies, history to ubiquitous computing. Many of our taught Masters programs can be completed in a single year and are more cost-effective in comparison to our international counterparts.
Trinity is a member of the League of European Research Universities (LERU), Europe’s leading network of research-intensive universities and brings together global experts across all disciplines to offer an exceptional educational experience centred on a research-inspired curriculum.
Trinity ranks Top 100 in the world for Graduate Employability (QS World University Graduate Employability Rankings) and is committed to preparing its students for the ever-changing challenges of the 21st-century workplace.
- Strong Research Reputation - Our students receive world-class education in a research-centred, collaborative environment and have the opportunity to work with global leaders in their field.
- Join our Esteemed Alumni Trinity has produced some of the world’s finest and most enquiring minds including the writers Oscar Wilde and Samuel Beckett (Nobel laureate).
- The Trinity Welcome We believe that a diverse campus adds to the Trinity Experience for everyone, enhances their personal development and enriches the culture of the university.
- Our Vibrant Campus Life With over 170 clubs and societies, including many international groups, there's something for everyone. At Trinity, involvement in student organisations is not seen as just a hobby, but an integral part of your education.
- Dublin - one of the World's Best Cities The Trinity campus is located in the heart of one of the most popular and safest cities in the world. Dublin is a vibrant and multicultural European capital.
Scholarships for International Students
TCD offers a number of scholarship opportunities for prospective international students interested in study at Ireland's leading university. Since its foundation, TCD has sought to assist students of limited means and reward academic achievement.
International Peace Studies examines the sources of war and armed conflict and suggests methods of preventing and resolving them through processes of peacemaking and peace building. The course combines perspectives from international relations, ethics and conflict resolution to reflect critically upon the wide range of social, political and economic issues associated with peace and political violence. There is also the option to participate in various field trips in Ireland and abroad.
This course is a one year, full-time course it involves critical examination of the student’s work with workshops and guided personal tuition, techniques of book editing and publishing, and exploring cultural and literary contexts of writing in Ireland.
Global Health is an attempt to address health problems and issues that transcend national boundaries, and are informed by the circumstances and experiences of countries in differing contexts. The underlying assumption is that the world's health problems are shared and are best tackled by cooperative action and the sharing of innovative solutions.
The M. Phil course in International History offers students the chance to pursue historical research outside the boundaries of the nation state. Students will be trained in transnational, comparative, and international approaches to history and have the opportunity to study foreign languages, cultures, and societies.
The M. Phil in Medieval Studies offers students a broad overview of the Middle Ages through Trinity’s excellent collection of medieval manuscripts, at the same time as allowing students to specialise in one of three areas: History, Language and Literature or Culture and Civilisation.