Dublin: Semester & Summer Internships

An international internship at FIE in Dublin is a pre-professional, field-based experience coupled with academic analysis and reflection in your International Internship Course. Internships are scheduled for 2-3 days per week (SEMESTER) or 4 days per week (SUMMER) with academic classes on the other days. Boost your resume by developing your professional and cultural skills and experience working life in another country!

FIE Dublin scholarships from $1,000 (summer) to $3,000 (semester) are available! www.fie.org.uk/fiescholarships

• Co-curricular activities take you to the city's historic museums, theaters, and cultural centers
  • Exciting and engaging courses on Irish history, politics, and culture
  • Gain international internship experience
  • INCLUDED weekend study tour to Northern Ireland (Belfast, Giants Causeway)
  • INCLUDED weekend study tour to the West of Ireland (Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, Galway)

Grace

Lucky Me for Finding FIE

FIE was an astounding program that combines the aspects of a professional experience with the fun of being abroad. They adequately prepared us for the entire program, I have studied abroad twice prior to this and can whole heartedly say, this program is the most efficient in getting their participants ready to handle everything that will come to them. As well as the weekends spent in different parts of the country learning about the history and traditions of Ireland was really effective and I feel like I had a better understanding of the country and it's people.

The housing was a bit inconvenient and wasn't very social, I found it hard to make friends aside from the 3 people I lived with. More social situations or ways to get involved in Irish young culture.
Ashleigh

An Unforgettable Experience in Dublin

Words can only begin describe what an amazing internship experience I had in Dublin this past summer. I worked for a small accounting firm during the week and traveled all over Ireland on the weekends. I had the best of both worlds. Dublin is by far one of my favorite cities. The people are very hospitable and genuine.

Living in a different country for 2 months can be a bit overwhelming but I felt right at home in Dublin. My advisors at FIE were very welcoming and knowledgable. They also planned weekend trips with the other students in your program so everyone could get to know each other and experience Ireland's culture.

I would highly recommend college students to study abroad, especially with FIE. I am able to use my study abroad experience in any part of my life. I will never forget this past summer, especially the people that I met.

Isabelle

Dual City Summer: Dublin and London

This was an amazing program! I had never been to Ireland before, but the teachers and program leaders did such a great job of helping us learn the city, and taking us on tours of all the sites. I would definitely recommend this program.

tlvenella

Best Study Abroad

My experience with FIE in Dublin was without a doubt the best decision I've ever made in my college career. I know that may sound completely cheesy and insincere but I am being completely honest. I have always had a love of travel and wanted to spend more than just a week or two in a city, I wanted to really see what the whole country had to offer. i could not have dreamed of a more fulfilling trip! The professors wee so passionate about their country and in five short weeks gave us a much deeper insight into the rich and complex history of Ireland.

There is definitely work to do and you'll spend time in class but if you are considering studying abroad or have an interest in Ireland this is the program you want to choose.

Ryan

Absolutely Incredible

The FIE program in Dublin is absolutely remarkable. Each and everyday is a brand new experience packed with adventure and personal growth. I attend a small liberal arts school in the United States and it was quite the shock to learn how to live in a major European capital such as Dublin. However, FIE is with you every step of the way.

Your journey begins well before your semester and they ensure that you are entirely prepared once you arrive in Dublin. They are honest and upfront about registration costs and ensure that you know exactly what to bring with you.

Throughout the semester, you will be given the opportunity to participate in service activities, day trips, and weekend excursions across Ireland! The semester seems to fly by with all of the activities and events that are available to you through FIE.

I cannot stress enough how supportive the staff are. If the grading system is confusing, or your heating in your flat seems to have a mind of its own, the staff at FIE are there for you every step of the way. I will forever be grateful for all that they have done for me and my personal growth.

Keep adding meals or activities to do throughout the semester for everyone to hang out!
Mark

Dublin Experince

I had a fantastic time while abroad in Dublin. The FIE staff did a wonderful job of helping everyone get adjusted to the City by keeping us busy with fun activities. During your time there FIE brings you on a couple of field trips across Ireland, it is a beautiful country and the field trips let you see most of it. You are required to take an Irish life and Cultures class which is taught by a couple of fantastic professors. Overall the city is a good size and is filled with friendly people. Even though it got chilly at times hopping down to the local pub and getting a pint tended to solve the problem. During a typical day I would study at the Dublin Business School which introduced me to students from all around the world, the staff also set up activities during the week, like going to Rugby games or exploring a new part of the city with a guide. Some of the highlights of the trip were the people that I met and the new cultures that I ran into.

The living arrangements were not ideal, they were small and maintenance was not always on their game. But it was a step up from living in freshman dorm rooms.

About Foundation for International Education

Broaden your horizons by studying abroad in London, Dublin or London-Amman with FIE: Foundation for International Education. Since 1998 FIE has been delivering renowned academic programs with an eye on experiential education and utilizing the city as...