FIE Dublin: Semester & Summer Internships

FIE $3,000 Scholarships for Spring/Winter 2019 due SEPTEMBER 15!

FIE's extensive scholarship program awards over $100k to students like you every year! Time is running out to submit your application for Spring/Winter 2019 programs in London and Dublin. Don't miss it!

FIE Dublin students have the opportunity to intern at a small-to-medium sized Irish company in the vibrant capital city. Take advantage of the “big village feel” unique to Dublin!

Live, work, AND play in Dublin, Ireland, where a treasure trove of internships awaits you. As the modern business landscape is all about globalization, international markets, and benefiting the public good, there’s never been a better time to jumpstart your career with an internship at a small-to-medium organization.

Semester internships take place two to three days per week with Dublin Business School (DBS) stream electives occurring on the other days. Irish Life and Cultures, and the International Internship Course (IIC) meet two days per week. After you clock off from a hard day’s work, find the mighty craic (that’s Irish slang for “fun”) with your new coworkers-turned-lifelong connections. The European professional scene is yours for the taking. Ready to snag an internship in Dublin?

• Co-curricular activities take you to the city's historic museums, theaters, and cultural centers
  • Exciting and engaging courses on Irish history, politics, and culture
  • Gain international internship experience
  • INCLUDED weekend study tour to Northern Ireland (Belfast, Giants Causeway)
  • INCLUDED weekend study tour to the West of Ireland (Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, Galway)

Carmen

Dublin with FIE

My semester in Dublin was amazing. Located near city center, most of the city is within walking distance from your flat. My semester included an internship which was a great opportunity to experience Irish culture from a different angle.
Dublin has everything from theater to live music to your neighborhood pub. It is home to many museums (like the Natural History Museum and the Archeology Museum) and Phoenix Park both of which are great places to just walk around or take a few hours and really see it all.
Study Tours to Northern Ireland and Galway were great ways to see other parts of the country with our group but there was also plenty of time for independent travel and city exploration. Make sure to take a few weekends to explore the rest of Ireland! The Ring of Kerry and Cork are both great places to visit.
The FIE staff are very helpful and friendly. They will help you make Dublin your own and be a friendly face as you explore this new culture.

Brett

FIE does a wonderful job

I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with Foundation for International Education (FIE) in Dublin. (I was abroad in Spring 2018.) The city was fun and easy to navigate anywhere on foot. Additionally, I completed an internship as part of the program which was a great way to immerse myself into the local culture while also building professional skills.

Three points that come to mind about my experience are the accommodations, the excursions, and the FIE staff.

We lived in the Binary Hub student housing, and the quality of the apartments we were in far exceeded my expectation when I applied to study abroad. You get your own individual bedroom and bathroom/shower and share a kitchen and living area with others (mine was a 5-person). Almost everywhere we wanted to go in Dublin was less than a 30-minute walk, and groceries were only 5 minutes away.

The included excursions in the Dublin program helped me get to see so much more of Ireland. We went on two weekend-long trips to Northern Ireland and to the west. We had a great instructor on the bus with us to tell us all about what we were seeing. FIE also organized several small day trips as well as events around Dublin at a discounted rate.

Finally, the FIE staff is incredible. They were as nice as could be, helpful, fun, and caring. Their office is at the ground floor of Binary Hub, and we found ourselves stopping in on our way in or out of our building just to say hi and chat. They are always there to answer questions/concerns, but they never were overbearing. There also were two student life assistants who lived in apartments near us who were on call in the evenings and weekends to help us, and they couldn’t have been nicer.

I attended Dublin Business School (DBS) and took classes that count toward my business major in the U.S. I was expecting to be with Irish students but was surprised that wasn’t the case—DBS is a highly international school with many students studying abroad from other European countries. So while I didn’t get to study with people from Ireland, it was fun to meet people from all around Europe.

All in all, I would highly recommend the Dublin program and FIE to anyone looking to go abroad. I felt independent yet never alone or lost without help. Being in a city with a large international airport also helped me see more of Europe as I flew to other countries several times on weekends or reading week. I wish I could do it all over again!

Andrea

So much to say, so little time...

My experience with FIE in Dublin was more than anything I could have asked for and I am having a hard time with how to begin. Dublin is filled with some of the greatest and friendliest people I have ever encountered and the staff at FIE is definitely included in this group. From the moment I stepped off the plane their smiling faces were there ready to support me in my study abroad experience and I cannot thank them enough for everything they did. Thanks to them I was able to explore all corners of Ireland, experience international classes, take my learning outside of the classroom with my internship, and do it all with newfound friends. I am so thankful for my experience in Dublin and have memories and lessons that will last me a lifetime.

The only thing I can complain about is the housing. While it was livable, it had a few inconveniences that could use improvement. However, FIE was also helpful with helping us resolve these issues as they came up.
Grace

Lucky Me for Finding FIE

FIE was an astounding program that combines the aspects of a professional experience with the fun of being abroad. They adequately prepared us for the entire program, I have studied abroad twice prior to this and can whole heartedly say, this program is the most efficient in getting their participants ready to handle everything that will come to them. As well as the weekends spent in different parts of the country learning about the history and traditions of Ireland was really effective and I feel like I had a better understanding of the country and it's people.

The housing was a bit inconvenient and wasn't very social, I found it hard to make friends aside from the 3 people I lived with. More social situations or ways to get involved in Irish young culture.
Ashleigh

An Unforgettable Experience in Dublin

Words can only begin describe what an amazing internship experience I had in Dublin this past summer. I worked for a small accounting firm during the week and traveled all over Ireland on the weekends. I had the best of both worlds. Dublin is by far one of my favorite cities. The people are very hospitable and genuine.

Living in a different country for 2 months can be a bit overwhelming but I felt right at home in Dublin. My advisors at FIE were very welcoming and knowledgable. They also planned weekend trips with the other students in your program so everyone could get to know each other and experience Ireland's culture.

I would highly recommend college students to study abroad, especially with FIE. I am able to use my study abroad experience in any part of my life. I will never forget this past summer, especially the people that I met.

Isabelle

Dual City Summer: Dublin and London

This was an amazing program! I had never been to Ireland before, but the teachers and program leaders did such a great job of helping us learn the city, and taking us on tours of all the sites. I would definitely recommend this program.

tlvenella

Best Study Abroad

My experience with FIE in Dublin was without a doubt the best decision I've ever made in my college career. I know that may sound completely cheesy and insincere but I am being completely honest. I have always had a love of travel and wanted to spend more than just a week or two in a city, I wanted to really see what the whole country had to offer. i could not have dreamed of a more fulfilling trip! The professors wee so passionate about their country and in five short weeks gave us a much deeper insight into the rich and complex history of Ireland.

There is definitely work to do and you'll spend time in class but if you are considering studying abroad or have an interest in Ireland this is the program you want to choose.

Ryan

Absolutely Incredible

The FIE program in Dublin is absolutely remarkable. Each and everyday is a brand new experience packed with adventure and personal growth. I attend a small liberal arts school in the United States and it was quite the shock to learn how to live in a major European capital such as Dublin. However, FIE is with you every step of the way.

Your journey begins well before your semester and they ensure that you are entirely prepared once you arrive in Dublin. They are honest and upfront about registration costs and ensure that you know exactly what to bring with you.

Throughout the semester, you will be given the opportunity to participate in service activities, day trips, and weekend excursions across Ireland! The semester seems to fly by with all of the activities and events that are available to you through FIE.

I cannot stress enough how supportive the staff are. If the grading system is confusing, or your heating in your flat seems to have a mind of its own, the staff at FIE are there for you every step of the way. I will forever be grateful for all that they have done for me and my personal growth.

Keep adding meals or activities to do throughout the semester for everyone to hang out!
Mark

Dublin Experince

I had a fantastic time while abroad in Dublin. The FIE staff did a wonderful job of helping everyone get adjusted to the City by keeping us busy with fun activities. During your time there FIE brings you on a couple of field trips across Ireland, it is a beautiful country and the field trips let you see most of it. You are required to take an Irish life and Cultures class which is taught by a couple of fantastic professors. Overall the city is a good size and is filled with friendly people. Even though it got chilly at times hopping down to the local pub and getting a pint tended to solve the problem. During a typical day I would study at the Dublin Business School which introduced me to students from all around the world, the staff also set up activities during the week, like going to Rugby games or exploring a new part of the city with a guide. Some of the highlights of the trip were the people that I met and the new cultures that I ran into.

The living arrangements were not ideal, they were small and maintenance was not always on their game. But it was a step up from living in freshman dorm rooms.

About Foundation for International Education

Broaden your horizons by studying abroad in London, Dublin or London-Amman with FIE: Foundation for International Education. Since 1998 FIE has been delivering renowned academic programs with an eye on experiential education and utilizing the city as...