Semesters in Ireland with Learn International

Expand your horizons and take your academics to the next level in one of Europe's most loved destinations.

Study at a top-rated university and take classes with some of Ireland's best lecturers in modern facilities alongside students from all over the world. This will grant you the opportunity to discover Ireland’s world-renowned history, heritage and culture in the Land of a Thousand Welcomes.

Ireland offers unforgettable activities in and outside of the classroom, including exploring iconic and ancient landscapes and indulging in its culinary goodness. Through these adventures, you'll tick the Cliffs of Moher, the Book of Kells and afternoon tea off your bucket list, as well as many others you didn't even know were on it!

Universities include the University of Limerick (award winning on-campus accommodation and student experience), Dublin City University (right in the heart of the capital) and IT Carlow (super cool classes, especially for brewing students!).

• Excursions and cultural activities
  • In-country staff
  • International Health Insurance
  • 24/7 Emergency support hotline
  • Tuition and registration fees

Emily

Semester at IT Carlow

I spent the fall semester in Carlow, studying at IT Carlow in their Brewing and Distilling Program. My major back at home is chemical engineering with a minor in brewery engineering, so this was a great opportunity for me to take a deeper academic dive into the specifics of the brewing industry, which is where I hope to work once I graduate. It was also a great opportunity for me to travel and explore a new country and learn about a different culture. The folks at Learn International took great care of me, both before I traveled, and while I was in Ireland. They worked with me to find the best housing option, which for me ended up being a shared home with roommates, close to the college. (A homestay was also offered as an option.) While I was in Ireland, they were always just a text or phone call away if I had any questions or concerns, and offered great travel advice when I decided to adventure outside of Carlow. Even though I was a full-time student while I was there, I had time for several weekend trips to explore more of Ireland and even made it over to Scotland for a few days.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
As part of my program at IT Carlow, we had the chance to get a tour of the new Tullamore Dew distilling facility. This was a great learning opportunity, to be able to see behind the scenes of a large distilling operation, learn about their process and equipment, talk directly with the employees and ask questions.