Summer Study Abroad at Maynooth University, Ireland

Maynooth University is home to two unique and world class International Summer Schools.

Choose to study abroad at Maynooth University in Ireland for either a 4 week or 6 week period during the summer months. Not only will you receive valuable academic credit which can be easily transferred to your home university you will also have the experience of a lifetime by living in Ireland's only university town.

Our programs cater for students from all disciplines including STEM and offer an incredible opportunity to study and experience hands on Irish culture.

Come and live with us on campus and be part of a once in a lifetime community experience. With field trips for each class and daily social activities with our 24/7 support staff you will never be bored during your summer time at Maynooth.

• Experience Irish Culture
  • Live in a safe summer school bubble on-campus
  • Receive credit for two classes
  • 3-day weekends to travel around Ireland and Europe

13,700
Year Founded:
International Students:
1,000

Maynooth University (MU) is located in the beautiful, historic town of Maynooth on the fringes of Dublin, Ireland’s bustling capital city. MU is ranked among the Top 200 Most International Universities in the World (Times Higher Ed.) and is named in The Princeton Review Best 381 Colleges as one of the world’s top institutions for 2017. MU is also ranked 68th among the next-generation of leading universities in the world (Times Higher Ed. Top 150 under 50). We offer a flexible, selective curriculum across the Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics and the Sciences. MU boasts world-class teaching facilities, comprehensive student support services, small class sizes and a vibrant social scene. If you are a student who prospers in a smaller university setting and are seeking an exciting and academically-stimulating university experience in one of the world’s safest, most beautiful countries, Maynooth University is the perfect fit for you!

Alexandra

Maynooth University Summer Abroad

To say that my time studying at Maynooth was the best thing I have ever done thus far in my life, would be an understatement. I have always been interested in travel, adventure and the exotics of different cultures. Maynooth University provided me with all of the above, and so much more! I got the chance to learn so much about my field in business from a global perspective, while also sinking myself into the rich Irish culture. From the visit to the surreal views of The Cliffs of Moher and the fresh feel of the Atlantic Ocean in Galway, there was never a dull moment, with such beautiful sights to see and delicious food to feast on...pro Irish tip, ALWAYS order the Guinness and Beef stew... You won’t regret it! Along my unforgettable journey I got to share it with other students from all around the world who I still call my best friends up to this day! Definitely a trip to remember and an experience of a lifetime.

What was your funniest moment?
The funniest moment was when I was eating ice cream with my friends and we decided to sit up on a grassy cliff that had stairs leading up to it. As I got to the top of the stairs I fell flat on my face and then a birds came to eat my ice cream! Luckily the ice cream shop gave me another scoop!
Nicole

Amazing Summer in Maynooth!

Getting to spend 4 weeks in Maynooth was one of the most amazing trips of my life! I got to experience normal college life in Ireland, learn about the culture, and take several amazing trips to different scenic locations across Ireland! Going to the store and seeing all the different options was an adventure by itself, let alone going to visit beautiful historic sites, such as Clonmacnoise. My all time favorite place we got to visit was Giant’s Causeway and seeing the gorgeous cliffs and the Columnar Rejointing! I even got to taste the ocean (much to my friend’s amusement)!

If I could change anything, it would be having more activities revolting around the culture. Some of my favorite trips were onyl available to me because I choose the course they were offered by, so most of the other program members did not get to exerience them. I would have loved optional courses on Irish language, and more about their history and culture.