Summer School Programs

Summer School Programs

The University of Limerick (UL) offers a 3 week fully inclusive Summer School Program. The program offers a choice of 12 different choices ranging from Liberal Arts, to Business, to Nursing. All programs are worth 3 US credits and all attendees receive an attendance certificate and official UL transcript.

Included in the program is the opportunity to experience the 'real' Ireland with excursions to the Cliffs of Moher, Blarney Castle to kiss the 'stone', Dublin, Bunratty Castle and Folk park and much more!

Accommodation and all meals are included in the program fee, students will share an apartment in our beautiful campus situated on the River Shannon, each person will have their own bedroom with en-suite bathroom facilities.

This is truly an experience of a lifetime and an ideal blend of academic and cultural learning. Come and discover for yourself, visit our website for further information.

Europe » Ireland » Limerick
Social Sciences
Sociology
Theater, Drama and Dance
Letters of Recommendation
Cost includes tuition, accommodation in private en-suite rooms, all meals, excursions, airport transfers and membership of the UL Sports Arena.

Amanda
Michigan

UL experience

I loved being at the University of Limerick! In the class I was enrolled in I learned so much about Ireland and its culture and history. The dorms weren't new, but they were still set up with everything we could have wanted. The meal plans allowed us to stay on somewhat of a budget and have fun on campus with friends at the same time. When I was on campus the UL students were not, so campus was quiet, but the cities were great. It was a great way to learn about what other parts of the world are like, but be in a country that isn't too far off from the United States.

Margaret
Prince Frederick, MD

University of Limerick

This was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I am so happy that I chose to attend this university for studying abroad. The school worked so hard to make us feel welcome and at home. They were there if we needed anything. They also planned some amazing excursions for us which helped us to see as much of Ireland as we could. I am so grateful to everyone who helped to make this experience possible and I highly recommend attending the University of Limerick!

Maybe more excursions and more guidance when transported to a city.

Bainbridge
Michigan, USA
Central Michigan University

Limerick Summer School 2017

I loved my experience at UL and the three week program was the perfect length for me. Ireland was beautiful and the program let us explore many tourist cites, as well as giving us free days to travel. My class was engaging and challenging and my professors were always willing to help. All of the program advisers were extremely nice and helpful. Overall would definitely recommend the program to anyone who wants to see Ireland but who doesn't want to commit to an entire semester abroad.

The only negative things I would say about the experience were that we were running late a lot of the time on our trips which caused us to be rushed. Also, it was kind of inconvenient that the restaurants on campus closed so early. And, I think that some bus or cab vouchers should be included in the program.

Laura
Montana State- Bozeman

An Irish Summer to Remember

This was a great program right from the start. I had a great professor and I did not hear anything bad about the rest. We had a fun excursion every weekend, but we all still had the freedom to explore on our own. When we went to Dublin some friends and I stayed an extra day and it was a blast. Now I did make some pretty incredible friends so my experience may be a little rosy from that, but I think it would have been a great program either way. It was also fun to try Gaelic football and hurling although I don't think I will be going professional anytime soon. The campus was beautiful and you get to walk across this wonderful bridge everyday to get to class from the awesome housing they had. In housing you get your own room and bathroom but you share the kitchen and living room with five other people which I thought was great. They were also very supporting when there was a tragedy back in the states. The food was also nice and sometimes very nice. It is a little far from the city of Limerick, but the bus to get there is pretty easy. There were not any Irish students going to university with us but the student guides were very nice and they actually invited a couple a people for a get together. There was also a gym on campus that they gave you coupons to go to, but I have to admit I never went.

Well, the way that we got the previously mentioned delicious food was a little annoying. They gave us these coupons for like 7.50 or 9.50, but we could never get change back so you had to be strategic about it to get the best value. I think I still accidentally ended up with extra at the end. Hopefully, they will change that for future programs.

The University of Limerick (UL) is an independent, internationally focussed university with over 13,000 students, approximately 13% of whom are international. Established in 1972, UL is a young, energetic and enterprising university with a proud record of innovation in education and excellence in research and