The Overseas Student Program (OSP) of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU) offers students the opportunity to enroll in semester, year, or short-term programs. Students take courses taught in English in a variety of academic disciplines, including specializations in Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Global Health, Israel Studies, and Sustainable Development & Environment. Students can enroll in for-credit academic research with BGU faculty while on the program. All semester and year students start the program with six weeks of intensive Hebrew language (ulpan) and continue language study throughout the semester; no prior knowledge of the language is required. All program participants live in on-campus apartments with Israeli roommates, a unique aspect for study abroad programs in Israel. Volunteering and community engagement are pillars of the university with over 2/3 of the student body engaged in some form of activism; study abroad students are encouraged and able to get involved.
- For-credit academic research internships available
- BGU is ranked #1 in Israel for student life
- BGU is unique for Israeli higher education institutions in that the vast majority of students live on or near campus, creating more of the American college campus culture
- Over 50% of Beer-Sheva residents are under the age of 35
- Ideal location for learning and practicing Hebrew