Study Abroad in Rome, Italy: Summer

Spend the summer in the vibrant and historic city of Rome with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 10 credits through a variety of courses at Richmond, the American International University. Courses are taught in English or Italian.

You will live in either a shared room in an apartment or with an Italian family. A typical apartment is fully equipped with internet, kitchen supplies, furnishings and a washing machine. Students will also receive a meal plan with vouchers to subsidize meals. These vouchers can be used all over Italy.

Cultural and social activities include:
• Guided city walks
• Visits to many of Rome’s famous museums and cultural sites
• Wine, pizza and gelato tastings
• Opera, ballet and musical performances
• 2-day excursion to Florence.

Optional excursions include a:
• 3-day trip to Venice
• 3-day trip to Sorrento, Pompeii, Vesuvius, Naples and Capri (Session 2 only).
A 2-night tour of London, England, is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.

• Earn up to 10 credits and transcript issued by Richmond University
  • 2-day excursion to Florence
  • Visits to Rome's many famous museums and cultural sites
  • Meal vouchers, group dinners and organized food tastings included
  • No previous Italian language study required

Hi, thanks for the question! Unfortunately we do not have the resources to answer your question. We recommend contacting the program's resident director who is in charge of living accommodations when abroad. You can reach out to them here: https://www.aifsabroad.com/italy/rome/summer/life.asp#housi….

Lindsay

Best time in the Hottest Month

Walking around Rome, the city presents something new every time you leave your apartment. On the second day my roommate and I went to explore and rounding a corner we ran into the Pantheon. Never in my life have I been more in awe of a building. This vast structure was both beautiful and amazing, and it was the first of many experiences of a lifetime. Loved my month in Rome and I already am planning on going back soon!

Make sure that everyone has a fan! My experience wasn't affected by the lack of AC but many seemed to be discouraged by the lack of cool space to be in. I also would encourage the classes to be smaller to provide a better overall educational experience; my smaller class was more rewarding than my large class.
Kailey

Summer in Rome

Going abroad for the first time is a nerve-racking experience. But it is one that I will always recommend to anyone who asks! Learning about the artwork in class then going to see it first hand was a unique experience that I will never forget. The experience of studying abroad is one I recommend everyone to have and one I aim to have again!

Meghan

Italy Reviewed

During one weekend excursion to Pompeii, Mt. Vesuvius, and the island of Capri, I had such an amazing time. First, I got to see a city that had been buried by a volcano in 76 AD! It was super cool walking through such an ancient society that got perfectly preserved in the dust and ash. Next, I got to climb the volcano that had destroyed the city of Pompeii. I was above the clouds! And last my friends and I took a boat tour around the small island of Capri, swam through a cave, and tasted limoncello from the place where it was invented! It was the trip of a lifetime!

Place apatments of students on study abroad closer together. It was hard to visit friends when they lived over 30 minutes away from us.
Molly

Best study abroad!

AIFS has a super helpful staff who prepare you fully pre-departure, offer a variety of excursions and trips around not only Rome but all of Italy and answer any questions you have. The majority of the classes provided go to on-site visits for lectures so you really get the full experience.

Apartments are spread throughout the city which can be tricky meeting up with others, but also shows you a diverse style of living.