AIFS Study Abroad in Rome: Summer

AIFS Study Abroad in Rome: Summer

Spend 3, 4 or 7 weeks studying in the beautiful city of Rome. Earn up to 10 credits in Italian language, art, art history, communications, fashion or history and more. Courses are taught in English and no previous Italian study is required.

Live in a homestay or a shared student apartment located in different neighborhoods of the city center. An optional meal plan is available and internet access is included in all housing.

You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as guided city walks, visits to the many museums and cultural sites of Rome, Italian cooking classes, sporting events, ballet and opera performances, a 2-day visit to Florence, and day trips around Rome for beach excursions, hiking and visits to historic and cultural sites. Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Venice, and a 3-day trip to Pompeii, Vesuvius, Naples and Capri.

With its sunny climate and unparalleled wealth of ancient history, Rome has more to offer than any other city in the world.

Europe » Italy » Rome
Classes
Some Meals
Travel Insurance
Wifi
AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages are available.

Lindsay
Columbus, OH
Ohio State University

Best time in the Hottest Month

Walking around Rome, the city presents something new every time you leave your apartment. On the second day my roommate and I went to explore and rounding a corner we ran into the Pantheon. Never in my life have I been more in awe of a building. This vast structure was both beautiful and amazing, and it was the first of many experiences of a lifetime. Loved my month in Rome and I already am planning on going back soon!

Make sure that everyone has a fan! My experience wasn't affected by the lack of AC but many seemed to be discouraged by the lack of cool space to be in. I also would encourage the classes to be smaller to provide a better overall educational experience; my smaller class was more rewarding than my large class.

Kailey
Latrobe, PA
Saint Vincent College

Summer in Rome

Going abroad for the first time is a nerve-racking experience. But it is one that I will always recommend to anyone who asks! Learning about the artwork in class then going to see it first hand was a unique experience that I will never forget. The experience of studying abroad is one I recommend everyone to have and one I aim to have again!

Meghan
Winfield, IL
Northern Illinois University

Italy Reviewed

During one weekend excursion to Pompeii, Mt. Vesuvius, and the island of Capri, I had such an amazing time. First, I got to see a city that had been buried by a volcano in 76 AD! It was super cool walking through such an ancient society that got perfectly preserved in the dust and ash. Next, I got to climb the volcano that had destroyed the city of Pompeii. I was above the clouds! And last my friends and I took a boat tour around the small island of Capri, swam through a cave, and tasted limoncello from the place where it was invented! It was the trip of a lifetime!

Place apatments of students on study abroad closer together. It was hard to visit friends when they lived over 30 minutes away from us.

Molly
University of Connecticut

Best study abroad!

AIFS has a super helpful staff who prepare you fully pre-departure, offer a variety of excursions and trips around not only Rome but all of Italy and answer any questions you have. The majority of the classes provided go to on-site visits for lectures so you really get the full experience.

Apartments are spread throughout the city which can be tricky meeting up with others, but also shows you a diverse style of living.

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer.

With over half a