Athena Study Abroad at Lorenzo de' Medici, Rome

Being in a big city may be daunting, but through this program it doesn't need to be! The school in Rome aligns itself with Athena's mission of personalized attention, so due to the smaller class sizes and dedicated professors and advisors, you'll feel right at home both with the faculty and your classmates.

Centrally located and fully furnished student shared apartments are close to campus and are easily accessible to the entire city of Rome since they are also close to public transportation.

Excursions are a big part of making a study abroad experience memorable! Athena Study Abroad includes field trips and cultural activities in the program cost. Destinations may include Assisi, Tuscania, Viterbo, Lake Bracciano, and the Odescalchi Castle. Other activities include traditional Italian Folk Dancing, a tour of the Cinecitta Film Studios, Fresco Making, and visiting the Abruzzo National Park.

Tyler

My time in Italy with Athena

When selecting a program for me to help with guidance, mentoring, and expertise, I could not have chosen upon a better fit than Athena. Not only are their values directly in line with mine, but the interpersonal relationships and constant support they offer their students can not be topped. What made Athena special, in my opinion, was how personable they made every single step of the trip - from starting my application (checking in on me, seeing if there were any components they could help me with), to getting me excited for the trip, checking in on me during the trip, and even following up with me after the trip. I truly felt like I had a group of constant supporters that had my best intentions in mind - only seeking to see me thrive and get the maximum possible exposure out of my experience.
If you're looking for a program where you're more than just a number, you know you have a constant support team, and a general wonderful community to work with, Athena is the program to go with.

The only point of improvement that I could foresee would be expansion of programs!
JakeZ

The trip of a lifetime.

This was an unbelievable experience that I would recommend to anyone interested in studying abroad. There is nothing negative that I can say about the city or the program. The professor that I had was amazing. She is an archaeologist currently working on the Palatine Hill and was just a wealth of information.

There is honestly nothing that I would change.
Hayley

Best decision ever!

Deciding to study abroad was a very hard decision for myself. None of my friends had studied abroad before and I had never been out of the country. After going through with Athena Study Abroad I have experienced the most culturally integrated experience ever! If I could do it all over again I absolutely would! I made great international friends and learned a lot about myself.

About Athena Study Abroad

Athena Study Abroad was designed by knowledgeable and caring professionals with one goal in mind: to bring authentic study abroad experiences to life that involve real cultural immersion aspects. Athena strives to provide programs that embrace...