Studying abroad in Florence, Italy means that you will experience one of the most artistically and culturally rich cities in the world. This location also gives easy access to exploring other parts of Europe in your free time. In addition to exploring the city, excursions are included in the program cost to two different places every semester. Past destinations include Rome, Venice, Milan, Portofino, Cinque Terre, Capri, Sorrento, Pompeii, Nice, Montecarlo, The French Riviera, Switzerland, the Alps and Verona.
Florence has one of Athena's widest selections of courses, from International Cuisine and Art to Business and even Internship options! This program also offers special term options like a Restoration Workshop and Conflict Resolution. Centrally located and fully furnished student shared apartments are close to campus and are easily accessible to the city center. Students also have the option to choose a home stay!
- Florence has the reputation of being one of the most artistically and culturally beautiful cities in the world. It is a perfect blend of old-city tradition with modern-day energy.
- There are a handful of clubs for study abroad students to partake in! A few examples of these clubs include dance, cinema, photography, writing, music, sport, singing, theater, and volunteering!
- This program has a state-of-the-art cooking facility in the city-center so you can learn to cook and eat as the Italians do!
- LdM-Florence has long been recognzied as the top academic institution in Italy! Nearly all academic disciplines can be found here!
- This program is a popular one for the artist and the adventurer as Florence was the heart of Italian Renaissance!