SAI Programs: Study Abroad at Cattolica in Milan

Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, more commonly known as “Cattolica,” is the largest private university in Europe, with roughly 27,000 students. The international student body pursues a range of disciplines, including Business, Economics, International Relations, Italian Culture, Fashion & Design, Media, Communications, and Sociology. All courses for SAI students are taught in English.

Milan is a thriving urban center and Cattolica's students actively contribute to the city's vibrancy. While Milan is the hub of business for Italy, it is also an international city, drawing visitors from around the world. Students at Cattolica absorb this cosmopolitan atmosphere as a source of inspiration, whatever their field of study.

SAI Programs is a complete study abroad program offering comprehensive and affordable educational programs paired with exciting cultural experiences throughout Western Europe. Our programs include US university credit.

Richelle

My Milan

I studied abroad with SAI in Milan at Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore for Spring 2017. Milan was the absolute most amazing city to study abroad in, and by going through SAI I was provided with on the ground support and cultural immersion activities that I would not have gotten from anyone else. Their student support is truly unmatched. Milan is such an interesting and unique Italian city, and I was able to discover parts of it through SAI activities or off of the recommendation of my program coordinator that I wouldn't have known or found on my own.
The courses I took at Cattolica focused on the business side of fashion, which adds a unique part to my resume that I would not have been able to get at my home university. I loved that all of my professors were professionals in their field, which also meant that they had colleagues and professional friends that were able to come and speak with our class. We also did multiple field studies in all of my courses, so I got to attend things such as Fashion Week and be an audience member in the tapping of a very popular talk show. While you are studying abroad, they have high standards and do not want you to be there just to goof off. I absolutely loved the educational experience I was provided at Cattolica.
Beginning to end, SAI provided me with so much support that nothing was confusing or hard, and everything went super smoothly. Two of my courses counted for my major credits and the others came back as general elective credits very smoothly.

My only wish for this program was that we were given a bit more of a chance to get to know Italian students that attend Cattolica.
Grace

Best 5 months of my life

Right before I left home to study abroad, I was a little reluctant and nervous about moving to a completely different country where I knew no one. But once I got to Milan, I felt right at home. SAI helped so much with the transition period and my study abroad coordinator, Alicia was the best. The first day I moved into my apartment, I actually ended up getting my bag stolen along with all my money and identification cards. Alicia literally saved me that day and made sure I was okay and that I had money and everything until I could get some of it replaced. She also helped the rest of the semester go way smoother and I still keep in touch with her today. The roommates I had were also amazing - which was also something I was nervous about at the start. But we're all still super close and are planning a reunion soon to see each other. My school program at Cattolica was also fantastic! I actually ended up staying longer to attend summer courses because I found the classes so interesting and wanted to stay in Milano a little longer....which brings me to my final thought - Milan is the best city in the world, and everyone should definitely study abroad there if they get the chance!

About SAI Programs

With headquarters located just north of San Francisco, SAI Programs was founded in 1995 to serve as the US admissions office for an Italian art institute in Florence. Since that time, SAI has expanded into a full-service international education...