SAI Programs: Study Abroad at John Cabot University

John Cabot University is an American university located in the historic Trastevere section of Rome; from this vantage, the splendors of the city are withing walking distance. JCU welcomes students coming from all over the world and offers courses in a variety of subjects, including Business and Economics, Political Science, Classical Studies, and many others.

Join SAI and John Cabot University for a life-changing experience abroad!

Sai offers premium housing every semester that offers a more central location and often newer interiors. It does cost extra money, but those are the best apartments. However, all the apartments are great! Sai does a great job of getting apartments in the area and they're all nice. The farther you get from JCU usually the larger the apartments. The closer you are normally it's slightly less space...
Apartments are located all over the neighborhood Trastevere which is where John Cabot is located. They're all totally different and some are two blocks away while others are a little over a mile. My apartment was one of the farther ones, but I was still able to walk there in fifteen minutes without taking any public transportation. Everyone had between 4-5 people total living in their house. I...

McKenna

The best experience of my life!

It would be an understatement to say that I was nervous before leaving to go study in Rome for four months. However, through SAI, my worries went away shortly after arriving. Everything with SAI was incredibly organized and well planned out, from getting picked up from the airport, to all the planned activities and experiences throughout the semester. The onsite coordinators were always available and willing to help us with anything throughout my semester abroad, they were so caring and full of great suggestions. Additionally, the apartment that I stayed in through SAI was wonderful, so spacious and in a great location.

During my semester abroad I learned a ton about myself and became so much more independent and confident. I had so many new and incredible experiences and I made so many new lifelong friends. These four months in Rome were some of the best of my life and I am so glad I decided to study through SAI. Studying in Rome through SAI was one of the best decisions I ever made for myself.

Alexis

Bella

SAI made my experience what it was- beautiful and memorable. I learned so much about the culture while still remaining comfortable with my own cultural ideals. My housing situation was great, I had a gorgeous flat and an amazing roommate. I made some forever friends along with forever memories. I have considered going back abroad, a thought that did not occur prior to my experience abroad with SAI.

I would say little things like the meal plan available is not the great or big enough to last a semester.
Emily

Study abroad is the best experience ever!

Choosing to study abroad was the best decision I have ever made. It is an experience unlike any other and I would recommend it to anyone. It was amazing to fully immerse myself in a country that I had never been before. Rome was a beautiful city with so much history and culture to learn about. I was able to become so familiar with all the places around me and really started to feel like a local. It was also so much fun being able to travel on the weekends. I studied abroad for 5 weeks and then stayed an additional 3 weeks afterwards. During my program I never once felt like I was there for too long, if anything I was not there long enough! I had the time of my life studying abroad and cannot wait to go back!

Antonia

R(home) Sick

My study abroad experience was very unique because I was able to learn more about myself, my family heritage, and different cultures. I am so glad I chose SAI Programs and studied abroad in Rome, Italy. If it wasn't for SAI Programs, I probably wouldn't have met the people who have become my life-long friends. SAI Programs were extremely helpful in my transition from the United States to Italy. I enjoyed orientation and the excursion trip that was included in our program. My favorite memory is my trip to the Amalfi Coast. Not only did I fall in love with the view, but I overcame a fear. I pushed myself to take the ski lift to the top of Anacapri. It was the most breathtaking view that I will never forget. I felt like I was on top of the world and could handle anything. My life has changed tremendously since coming back home. I am in love with traveling and learning more about different cultures. I recommend SAI Programs to every student who is considering studying abroad because it will be the best experience of your life.

Jonathan Cole

SAI Programs Study Abroad Summer 2017 Review

Studying abroad through SAI was one of the best experiences of my entire life. I met new people from all over the United States and Europe and got to make connections with them that will last a lifetime. I got to jump right into the summer in my local Italian apartment in Trastevere, Roma and was surrounded by local italian culture 24 hours of the day.

SAI was extremely helpful with everything from figuring out where classes/monuments were to being a bit of a mentor to talk with about anything on your mind. Extremely happy I chose SAI and I hope I have the opportunity to take another trip some day.

More warning about how much food and doing things costs.
Sydney

SAI Rome

If you are interested in studying abroad I highly recommend going through SAI. A good way to describe the SAI/student relationship is like a big brother or sister type of relationship. They help you with not only the documentation but making sure you are transitioning well into your new environment. My SAI advisors were very hands-on and got to know us pretty well. Documentation is one of the hardest parts about studying abroad and SAI was very proactive with making sure we had everything we needed and that it was turned in on time.

Christina

Amazing program and amazing summer!

This summer, I had the best time of my life. SAI provided me with the perfect balance of support and safety, and independence. I learned a lot about traveling and interactions abroad, and felt deeply immersed in the Roman culture. I lived in a perfect location (Trastevere), my apartment was among other Italians, markets, and restaurants. I gained independence, traveling experience, and an open mindedness about other cultures.

I think they do a great job of giving students support, yet fostering independence. No improvements necessary.
Kate

SAI made my experience abroad run smoothly!

SAI was very helpful in addressing all my questions and concerns. The people I lived with have become life long friends. Everyone should take the chance to go abroad, you wont regret it. Traveling in Europe is super cheap and I recommend everyone take the opportunity to travel as much as they can. With the three day weekends guaranteed at JCU and the possibility for four day weekends, it makes for just enough time to travel to new places.

N/A
Juliette

Semester of a lifetime

SAI has given me the opportunity to grow in so many ways after studying in Rome, Italy. They have influenced me to be more culturally sensitive, adventurous, and humble. It was a great way to see the world, experience a different learning environment, and to meet new friends. I don't have anything bad to say about what SAI had to offer. The staff was always welcoming and helpful, the excursions offered were always fun and expanded outside of Rome and into other various parts of Italy. Although JCU wasn't the best school to take classes for my major (Social Ecology), I was still able to complete many courses that fulfilled my General Education requirements that were needed to graduate. When studying in Rome, I was also able to travel to other European countries which inspired me to want to continue traveling and explore the world. I would highly recommend SAI programs because they offer so much for the student and are very helpful in guiding you throughout your study abroad experience.
My study abroad experience with SAI was a pivotal point in my college career because it was an experience that influenced me to want to inspire other students to travel abroad, but to also keep on traveling and to seek other on-campus programs that allowed me to expand my college experience. During my winter quarter of 2017 I was able to go to Washington DC for an academic internship program. Without the experience of studying abroad with SAI, I don't think I would have been empowered to take on new academic programs that gave me the opportunity to experience and improve my educational experience.

SAI was a great program, but JCU would be great they could improve their variety of course offerings.
Felicia

Experience of a Lifetime!

SAI provided me with the experience of a lifetime! The academics at John Cabot were once in a lifetime; they offer many unique classes you cannot take anywhere else, including an on-site history class, neighborhoods of Rome, and so many more! I learned a new language and made friends of a lifetime. Volunteer opportunities are highly encouraged and I had the opportunity to volunteer at the local Refugee Center with other John Cabot University students.
The onsite support was incredible and the excursions were indescribable. If you ever have any questions, your onsite staff are readily available with insider information! Studying abroad with SAI was by far one of the best decisions I could have made!
The housing options were very nice. I lived in the center of Rome 5 minutes from John Cabot, surrounded by amazing smells and history around every corner. Each semester I shared a room with one other student in an apartment with 4 or 6 students total. There were two bathrooms, which was greatly appreciated, a homely kitchen, and a lively living room- a place to call home.
Best food ever. Hands down. Without a doubt. You are in Italy- known for its pasta, pizza, and gelato. You cannot go wrong. Definitely enjoy the authentic gelato while you can! 10/10
I had the opportunity to have Italian neighbors, classes with international students from all over the world and on site classes that taught me the history of ancient Rome. Volunteer opportunities also added a sense of belonging.
I felt completely safe and at ease the entire year while abroad. The location is incredible and I never once worried about my safety, even lost at 5 in the morning. Most people know English and it can be a fun experience to get a little lost. Be aware of your surroundings and be responsible but I never once felt unsafe.
I never had any health issues while abroad but there are pharmacies with English speaking doctors and the onsite staff can always direct you in the right direction. You are also provided with health insurance through SAI, which helps put your mind at ease.
SAI was the best possible option for me in the best city in the world! (No, I'm not biased ;) Words cannot describe the amazing experience I had, in Rome, at John Cabot University, and with SAI! I gained a sense of self-worth and understanding while abroad. I am not afraid to go out of my comfort zone and I owe everything to this incredible experience.

This program offers the best of everything. I sound cliche but it was the best experience of my life!
Megan

Best Experience of My Life!

Studying abroad in Rome with SAI was definitely the best and most rewarding experiences of my life! Living in a city with such a diverse and unique culture and being able to travel around Europe at my own leisure was incredible. Not to mention the amazing staff of SAI to help out with anything and everything I needed made me feel a little more at home. I met some of my best friends, traveled to the most beautiful places, and learned more about myself than I ever thought I could.

Tj

Phenomenal Experience!

SAI Rome was a phenomenal study abroad experience to be a part of! Everything from picking us up at the airport upon arrival to determining housing was completed by SAI. They provided numerous excursions throughout Rome and Italy that were great experiences, including a weekend-long trip to Tuscany. They also were available at any time to answer questions about transportation or life in Rome in general. Would heavily recommend!

Have the program's apartment housing be located near each other. Most of the apartments were at least a 15-20 minute walk away from each other, which made it difficult to establish friendships with everyone in the program. If the housing was all located within the same street or group of blocks, it would have allowed for a more tight knit community within the SAI program as a whole.
Lexi

An Eye Opening Experience

My semester at John Cabot University was a great experience. SAI was extremely helpful every week and was always there to help with things that I needed. My mom decided to send me a package and it got lost in the mail and Jess and Jordan helped me locate it and talk to the Italian postal service to get my package to me. I really enjoyed all the trips of the semester and learning about the Italian culture was great and SAI (Jess and Jordan) really opened our eyes to that! Cheers to a great semester!

Jessica

A Life Changing Semester

Studying abroad is one of the biggest ways a person can live outside of their comfort zone. When faced with such an exciting but nerve-wracking opportunity, it is helpful to have a study abroad provider that is helpful every step of the way. SAI made sure I could study abroad with ease, helping be get through the dreaded visa acquisition, offering transportation from the airport to our apartments (which they also set up), and planning amazing excursions throughout the semester. Studying abroad was the best thing to ever happen to me. I got to travel to 7 different countries and explore all of Italy. It is an experience I wish I could live again and again, and thanks to SAI I was able to enjoy it all without any stress!

I loved the program! If I had to change one thing I would say to allow a few days between finals and returning home just to give students a change to enjoy their final days in beautiful Roma!
Mariah

Best Semester Ever!

I spent my Spring 2015 semester in Rome, Italy studying at John Cabot University. John Cabot University is an amazing college to attend while abroad. It is an American university located in the Trastevere neighborhood of Rome, Italy. I participated in two business courses and two history courses during my semester abroad. All four of the classes I participated in were interesting, engaging, and exciting to attend. My favorite part was the small class sizes that allowed my classmates and I to engage in great discussions about our subjects.

The On-site SAI staff in Rome was AMAZING. Jess and Jordan are both great people who will do anything to help the students enjoy their time abroad. Jess was always available to help me schedule train tickets or find the best shopping in Rome. She also took me to the doctors office when I became sick during my first few weeks. Seriously - Jess is so great!

Also, Trastevere is a great neighborhood of Rome. It is within easy walking distance of the super touristy areas but far enough away to feel authentic. I loved wandering the streets and interacting with the local Romans.

This program is really great and has a lot of good things going for it. The one thing it could improve upon would the first week orientation. SAI students could have had more activities together to meet each other.

About SAI Programs

With headquarters located just north of San Francisco, SAI Programs was founded in 1995 to serve as the US admissions office for an Italian art institute in Florence. Since that time, SAI has expanded into a full-service international education...