SAI Study Abroad at Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona in Spain

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, SAI Programs has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Temple Expiatori del Sagrat Cor
Temple Expiatori del Sagrat Cor
Torre Agbar
Torre Agbar
Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar
Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar
These are my roommates at the beach; Barceloneta!
This is the view from outside of my apartment in Barcelona!
This a picture of me looking out to the entire city of Barcelona. I was on my way up to Tibidabo; the highest point in Barcelona!

SAI invites students to experience Barcelona's vibrant diversity! SAI’s partner school, the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), is a dynamic institution with an excellent reputation in Spain and globally. With its roots in the Catalan tradition, UAB offers a unique opportunity for study abroad students to enroll in English-taught courses in the heart of Barcelona. The hub of the study abroad program is at the Sant Pau campus, a stunning display of Catalan Modernist architecture situated in downtown Barcelona. In addition to supporting students throughout their stay in Barcelona, SAI also coordinates a range of activities and excursions throughout the term, including a weekend trip to Seville (semester only), cooking classes, a Flamenco dance demonstration, a Barcelona scavenger hunt, and much more!

• A wide range of courses in English offered year-round.
  • Courses offer Mediterranean perspective on global issues.
  • Cultural events and excursions offered throughout term
  • Enjoy SAI's 360° Services

New refund & cancelation policies!

We’ve updated our refund & cancelation policy to allow for flexible booking due to COVID-19

Hey Jeffrey, I took three classes while in Barcelona: International Business, Cross-Cultural Management, and Managerial Skills. The classes were taught in English but by two Spanish and one Belgian professor. The instructors were great and all had plenty of real world experience as well as lots of academic experience and credentials. All three were graded based on participation, presentations and...

Alayna

Best semester of my life!

I loved studying abroad in Barcelona with SAI. I was able to travel every weekend and learned about the local culture of Barcelona through the help of my SAI program advisors. I made great friends who live around the US and around the world that I am able to keep in contact with to this day. Studying abroad gave me the confidence and independence I needed to improve myself. Money is always difficult to manage but it is manageable if you plan out how you want to spend your money. SAI helped me explore the local culture and go out of my comfort zone to immerse myself and really get the lay of the land. By the end of the program I felt extremely confident in my ability to travel around the world. I would go back again tomorrow if I could! Loved SAI

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would bring more clothes for cooler weather! Other than that I wouldn't change anything.
Brianna

I LOVE SAI PROGRAMS AND I LOVE BARCELONA

I wouId HIGHLY recommend SAI Programs to study abroad with. The program staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They helped me schedule several doctors appointments, and even went to the police station with me when my phone was stolen to help me retrieve it, which I greatly appreciated because my Spanish isn't very good. They excursions provided by the program are very well organized and SUPER fun. The staff are also very good at getting to know each student and really make sure each of us are safe, happy, and having a good time. I am positive that my study abroad experience would have been much harder and no where near as enjoyable without the SAI staff at my side. If you want to study abroad (which you should because its awesome!!) then DEFINITELY check SAI Programs, and consider Barcelona as your destination!!

Cindy

hard to leave

This program has been so instrumental in my study abroad experience. The directors for the program were so readily available to help us make this experience the best we could have. They genuinely care so much for each individual in the program, and I'm so glad out of all the programs I considered, I chose this one. I was lucky enough to find myself surrounded by the company of such great people for the past semester. They made it incredibly easy to explore this city and immerse ourself in the culture, gave suggestions on our other travels, and made sure we focused on our studies as well. They gave us support but also enough room to learn how to be independent and figure things out for ourselves. SO lucky to have this program and to have met the people I have through it! Feel like I've gained a second family.

This program was perfect. Couldn't have asked for more. Always attentive and willing to help!
Ashlynne

Beautiful Barcelona

My time in Barcelona was extraordinary! I was able to explore so many different places, eat so many different foods, and be immersed in a completely different culture. If anyone is trying to decide to study abroad, I would highly recommend not only Barcelona, but the program I went through. They completely made my experience and allowed me to have unforgettable memories. Some of my favorite memories were how easy it was to travel within and outside of the country! I was able to go to thirteen different countries during my time abroad. During April I was able to travel to amsterdam with some girls I met through my program, I ate the best pancakes of my life and sat in the most beautiful parks. Being able to experience new cultures and languages is something that I think a I will cherish for the rest of my life. Study abroad is an experience I won’t ever forget and I’ve tried to incorporate the lessons I’ve learned even though I’m back in the states now.

Victoria

Best Experience

My expirience abroad taught me a lot about myself and other cultures. I would study abroad through SAI again because they made me comfortable through the entire process from start to finish of studying abroad. Sandrine and Leticia are amazing and really care about each and every one of us and there was only 16 people in my program and I liked that it was a smaller group and we all got really close.

I wouldn't change anything about the program specifically except adding more activities to do as a group throughout the weeks and not just weekends.
Ellie

Safe and Fun

Two of the most important factors while studying abroad I find to be is being safe while also having fun. I found myself feeling both of those 99% of the time. Go on trips, step outside comfort zone, try new foods. Do it all. SAI had wonderful ladies in Barcelona that were always there for us 24/7. They took us on trips, personable, helped with anything we had questions with. Cared for us and we always told them when we were gone. They help you plan trips, give recommendations. They were wonderful in all aspects of studying abroad. The place I went that I didn't feel safe was Morocco. If you choose to go there make sure you're with a larger group of people, stick together, and stay in a safe place. Every other place in Europe I went I was always comfortable and felt safe.

be longer
Sabrina

Great Study Abroad Experience

I had a really great semester studying abroad with SAI in Barcelona. I felt as though I could always contact all of SAI’s staff with any questions I had, and all of the excursions and events that were planned were well done. Barcelona in itself was an amazing city to study abroad in for the semester. There was always something new to see or do. Additionally, my classes at UAB were interesting and I enjoyed them. Overall, a great experience.

Andy

SAI and UAB, the perfect combination

absolutely loved studying abroad through SAI at UAB. I studied business and looked forward to class everyday. I took 2 very thorough and in-depth business classes as well as 3 cultural immersion classes featuring many field trips and guest speakers. SAI did an excellent job of keeping me informed on all events going on in Barcelona every week through a newsletter, answered any questions in a timely manner before I even got to Barcelona, and has provided an incredible amount of support constantly throughout the semester. I am proud to say that SAI was the best possible program. Many big programs are more expensive, do not offer as many excursions, and you build an actual relationship with the staff instead of being "just a number" with the big programs. I highly recommend studying at UAB with SAI!!!