SAI Study Abroad: Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (Spain)

SAI invites students to experience Barcelona's vibrant diversity! SAI’s partner school, the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), is a dynamic institution with an excellent reputation in Spain and globally. With its roots in the Catalan tradition, UAB offers a unique opportunity for study abroad students to enroll in English-taught courses in the heart of Barcelona. The hub of the study abroad program is at the Sant Pau campus, a stunning display of Catalan Modernist architecture situated in downtown Barcelona.

In addition to supporting students throughout their stay in Barcelona, SAI also coordinates a range of activities and excursions throughout the term, including a weekend trip to Seville (semester only), cooking classes, a Flamenco dance demonstration, a Barcelona scavenger hunt, and much more!

• A wide range of courses in English offered year-round.
  • Courses offer Mediterranean perspective on global issues.
  • Cultural events and excursions offered throughout term
  • Enjoy SAI's 360° Services

New refund & cancelation policies!

We’ve updated our refund & cancelation policy to allow for flexible booking due to COVID-19

Hey Jeffrey, I took three classes while in Barcelona: International Business, Cross-Cultural Management, and Managerial Skills. The classes were taught in English but by two Spanish and one Belgian professor. The instructors were great and all had plenty of real world experience as well as lots of academic experience and credentials. All three were graded based on participation, presentations and...

• 9-10 rating 96.43%
  • 7-8 rating 3.57%
Megan

SAI UAB

I have no regrets about choosing this program and would be quick to recommend it to a friend. SAI offered great support and amenities. My apartment was fully stocked with everything I needed. Kitchen gear, linens, etc. and maintenance requests were always met promptly. Expect living differences based on culture and routines. Wifi can be spotty. The location of my apartment was well thought out and close to my university and metro. I attended the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona in their study abroad building which was in the middle of the city. I wasn't fully aware that it was the study abroad sect of the school, so my classes were not with local students. Most of my classes were with young adults from the States. My professors were engaging and kind. I enjoyed all of my courses, from political science to art history.
SAI's Barcelona office / team was amazing and I felt safe and comfortable with the staff. They were our friends and immediate support system. We took a weekend trip to Sevilla and activities were provided almost every week (like cooking classes, hikes, and museum visits). I also was able to volunteer at a local school and work with third graders in their art class. Volunteer opportunities are always available to go along with your courses. SAI encourages each student to be independent and explore on their own but is there for any need, at every step of the way. From the application process to our farewell, I trusted SAI with all of my questions and concerns. I made fantastic friends and memories and my study abroad experience was truly so great due to SAI.

What was your funniest moment?
The SAI staff hosted a hike up to "The Bunkers" which is a mountain top view of the city and coast and the whole time we giggled and shared stories. This was a great opportunity to make friends and feel like a local.
Logan

My progam is amazing!

I had an amazing time! I would have ever thought that I would be able to hace the expirence of going abroad. A big plus was that it was really affordable! The people, the sites, and all the extra little things I did made this so amazing. I was very nervous just like anyone else would be, but once I got there and was comfortable with my new home. I did amazing. Even if studying for school is not your thing check out their internship programs. My roommate did that and had a blast! Barcelona will forever be a small part of home!

What was your funniest moment?
I think it would have to be when my friends and I went to Venice, Italy on a 3 day weekend!
Alayna

Best semester of my life!

I loved studying abroad in Barcelona with SAI. I was able to travel every weekend and learned about the local culture of Barcelona through the help of my SAI program advisors. I made great friends who live around the US and around the world that I am able to keep in contact with to this day. Studying abroad gave me the confidence and independence I needed to improve myself. Money is always difficult to manage but it is manageable if you plan out how you want to spend your money. SAI helped me explore the local culture and go out of my comfort zone to immerse myself and really get the lay of the land. By the end of the program I felt extremely confident in my ability to travel around the world. I would go back again tomorrow if I could! Loved SAI

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would bring more clothes for cooler weather! Other than that I wouldn't change anything.
Brianna

I LOVE SAI PROGRAMS AND I LOVE BARCELONA

I wouId HIGHLY recommend SAI Programs to study abroad with. The program staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They helped me schedule several doctors appointments, and even went to the police station with me when my phone was stolen to help me retrieve it, which I greatly appreciated because my Spanish isn't very good. They excursions provided by the program are very well organized and SUPER fun. The staff are also very good at getting to know each student and really make sure each of us are safe, happy, and having a good time. I am positive that my study abroad experience would have been much harder and no where near as enjoyable without the SAI staff at my side. If you want to study abroad (which you should because its awesome!!) then DEFINITELY check SAI Programs, and consider Barcelona as your destination!!

Cindy

hard to leave

This program has been so instrumental in my study abroad experience. The directors for the program were so readily available to help us make this experience the best we could have. They genuinely care so much for each individual in the program, and I'm so glad out of all the programs I considered, I chose this one. I was lucky enough to find myself surrounded by the company of such great people for the past semester. They made it incredibly easy to explore this city and immerse ourself in the culture, gave suggestions on our other travels, and made sure we focused on our studies as well. They gave us support but also enough room to learn how to be independent and figure things out for ourselves. SO lucky to have this program and to have met the people I have through it! Feel like I've gained a second family.

This program was perfect. Couldn't have asked for more. Always attentive and willing to help!
Ashlynne

Beautiful Barcelona

My time in Barcelona was extraordinary! I was able to explore so many different places, eat so many different foods, and be immersed in a completely different culture. If anyone is trying to decide to study abroad, I would highly recommend not only Barcelona, but the program I went through. They completely made my experience and allowed me to have unforgettable memories. Some of my favorite memories were how easy it was to travel within and outside of the country! I was able to go to thirteen different countries during my time abroad. During April I was able to travel to amsterdam with some girls I met through my program, I ate the best pancakes of my life and sat in the most beautiful parks. Being able to experience new cultures and languages is something that I think a I will cherish for the rest of my life. Study abroad is an experience I won’t ever forget and I’ve tried to incorporate the lessons I’ve learned even though I’m back in the states now.

Victoria

Best Experience

My expirience abroad taught me a lot about myself and other cultures. I would study abroad through SAI again because they made me comfortable through the entire process from start to finish of studying abroad. Sandrine and Leticia are amazing and really care about each and every one of us and there was only 16 people in my program and I liked that it was a smaller group and we all got really close.

I wouldn't change anything about the program specifically except adding more activities to do as a group throughout the weeks and not just weekends.
Ellie

Safe and Fun

Two of the most important factors while studying abroad I find to be is being safe while also having fun. I found myself feeling both of those 99% of the time. Go on trips, step outside comfort zone, try new foods. Do it all. SAI had wonderful ladies in Barcelona that were always there for us 24/7. They took us on trips, personable, helped with anything we had questions with. Cared for us and we always told them when we were gone. They help you plan trips, give recommendations. They were wonderful in all aspects of studying abroad. The place I went that I didn't feel safe was Morocco. If you choose to go there make sure you're with a larger group of people, stick together, and stay in a safe place. Every other place in Europe I went I was always comfortable and felt safe.

be longer