CISabroad's Summer in Japan

CISabroad's Summer in Japan

We always have promotions running to save you money. Visit our website for more information.

Spend your summer studying in one of the world's most vibrant cities: Tokyo. Tucked away behind lively Harajuku and Shibuya, study on the grounds of a former Samurai Family's hilltop mansion. At Seisen University, choose from a wide selection of courses that are enriched in an internationally focused curriculum. Bustling with several clubs and extracurricular activities, while at Seisen University, you will quickly find yourself immersed in Tokyo's spirited blend of modern and traditional Japanese culture.

Asia » Japan » Tokyo
Asia » Japan
Cultural Studies
English Literature
Global Studies
Latin American Studies
Did you know that 70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships or grants to study or intern abroad? You can get a grant for something as simple as applying early, or a scholarship for blogging. Please visit site for more details.

Caitlin
Stevens Institute of Technology

A Month in a Minute

My time in Japan was a beautiful, fulfilling experience. I learned so much and grew while doing so. For me, studying in Japan could not have been more different from my university experience at home - I got to a tiny STEM school outside of New York City and got to study at an even smaller, women-only, Catholic, liberal arts school in Tokyo. I feel very lucky to have been able to learn Japanese in Japan with Japanese students helping me along the way. I not only learned inside the classroom, taking not only a Japanese class but also Global Citizenship and Cross Cultural studies, but I also learned each and every day outside of class. I visited dozens of temples, shrines, cities, and mountains. I met people from everywhere from China to Australia. I tried foods I didn't even know existed. I learned more about myself than I could have ever expected. I hope to be able to go back to Japan someday and learn even more.

Theodore
University of Texas- Arlington

Wonderful experience

The month long program with CisAbroad in Japan was one of the best times I've ever had. The country was amazing and we were housed in the middle of Tokyo City. The staff at the event were second to none and made the trip smooth and comfortable. I was given the opportunity to meet so many great people from all around the world. I was also able to meet just as amazing people that lived in Tokyo. The university was stunning and the Professors were fantastic. Cis did a great job hosting this trip and would highly recommend to anyone.

While convenient, housing conditions could have been better. While taking into account that we were a big group in Tokyo, it did take some getting used to. Also, learning to use the train system was complicated at first, so perhaps implementing a comprehensive learning guide and stressing its importance could also be a great help.

Caitlin
Stevens Institute of Technology

Best Month of My Life

The CISAbroad Summer in Japan program was one of the most incredible, energizing experiences of my life. I have never learned so much, seen so much, and met so many excited, wonderful people as I did during my time in Japan. Over the span of a month, I was able to visit 5 cities across Japan, participate in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony, wear a yukata and wander around Harajuku, go to a thousand-year-old festival in Kyoto, and spend time at a countless number of shrines and temples. The program itself and the classes offered were some of the best classes I've had. I learned a little bit of Japanese and a whole lot about the world around me, and I learned from some of the most caring and helpful teachers I've ever met. This program really helped in opening my eyes to the world that's out there!

N/A

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience. Experiences are innovative and focused on cultural immersion.

All of the