Learn Arabic in Morocco

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Chantiers Sociaux Marocains.

An Arabic poster.
An Arabic poster.

The purpose of this program is to offer those interested in learning Arabic language the opportunity to come and discover Morocco while being hosted in a Moroccan family to better learn from our culture and also to do some volunteer work in the mornings (as the Arabic classes would take place in the afternoons) so as to contribute to the development of our society.

Why learn Arabic?
-Arabic is the 5th most commonly spoken native language in the world and an official language of the United Nations.

-There is a high demand of Arabic-speakers in the Western world as job opportunities are increasing across all fields.

-Knowing Arabic can promote intercultural understanding: Westerners are presented with one-dimensional negative stereotypes of Arabic-speaking peoples through the news media, films etc. Besides of all what is happening nowadays in the Middle East.

S

Morocco, my inner voice

Joining this program to learn arabic brought into my life, not only the basic elements of a new language, but a completely new culture, together with a wonderful atmosphere, characterizing one of the most intriguing city I have ever seen, Rabat. While I was in Morocco, my days seemed to have a true and intense meaning and the challenge of arabic classes filled my spirit to know more about the country I was getting acquaintance with. My host family and the staff of CSM brought me physically and mentally in the deepest and brightest parts of the country and I will always be grateful to all of them. I strongly recommend this camp to anyone wishing to learn and practice arabic.