Bienvenue au Maroc! Study in Rabat, Morocco’s bustling capital in which Arab, European, indigenous Amazigh, and sub-Saharan African influences intersect to create a cultural dynamic unlike any other.
The AMIDEAST Education Abroad Regional Studies in French program offers a unique study abroad opportunity for intermediate-advanced students of the French language. The diverse array of courses are taught in French (with the exception of Arabic courses). Colloquial Moroccan Arabic is required, and blended Modern Standard and colloquial Arabic is available as an optional course. Homestays with local French-speaking Moroccan families grant students an intimate look at the local culture as they hone their language skills in a distinctly non-European Francophone environment. Students also have the opportunity to take a Community-Based Learning course allowing students to work directly with local organizations. The program also includes exciting organized excursions around Morocco.
- Comprehensive in-country orientation with survival Moroccan Arabic component
- Immersive French-language opportunity in a non-European Francophone country
- Service-learning option with local French-speaking organization in Rabat
- Modern Standard Arabic course option. Course selections in political science, religion, sociology, women's studies, and history.
- Students benefit from small class sizes and instruction by French-speaking professors from local Moroccan universities.