Bienvenue au Maroc! Study in the imperial city of Rabat, Morocco’s bustling capital in which Arab, European, indigenous Amazigh, and sub-Saharan African influences intersect to create a cultural dynamic unlike any other.
The AMIDEAST Education Abroad Regional Studies in French program offers a unique study abroad opportunity for intermediate-advanced students of the French language. The diverse array of courses are taught in the French language (with the exception of Arabic courses). Colloquial Moroccan Arabic is a required course, and Modern Standard Arabic is available as an optional course as well. Homestays with local French-speaking Moroccan families grant students an intimate look at the local culture as they hone their language skills in a distinctly non-European Francophone environment. Finally, organized excursions span exciting locations from the ancient medina of Fez to the quiet village of Zawyat Ahansal in the Atlas Mountains.
- Comprehensive in-country orientation with survival Moroccan Arabic component
- Immersive French-language opportunity in a non-European Francophone country
- Service-learning option with local French-speaking organization in Rabat
- Modern Standard Arabic course option. Course selections in political science, religion, sociology, women's studies, and history.
- Students benefit from small class sizes and instruction by French-speaking professors from local Moroccan universities.