Our yearly Summer Institute on Addiction will take place online for the first time in summer 2021. This two-week institute seeks to provide an interdisciplinary approach and lens to the study of addiction. The concept of addiction brings to the fore social, medical and moral questions. The intertwined dynamics of health systems, economic considerations and moral (inter)national politics have a combined effect upon the prevention and treatment of people living with addiction. The University of Amsterdam offers a unique chance for students to become familiarized with cutting-edge research and practice.
A central aspect of the online institute is the opportunity to learn from colleagues from around the world who will be invited to present in their areas of specialization. Facilitated workshop session assist participants to integrate the lectures and presentations from experts and practitioners into tangible goals and plans for applying course information to their professional work.
- Organised online for summer 2021!
- An advanced programme that offers an interdisciplinary approach and lens to the study of addiction.
- Learn from expert lecturers (researchers as well as practicioners).
- Connect, learn from and share insights with collegues from around the world.
- Come up with tangible plans and goals to apply course information to your professional work.