View Other Details
If you find yourself wondering why it’s so easy to feel at home in Amsterdam, chalk it up to “gezellig.” Roughly translated, that’s Dutch for cozy or home-like – a sensibility commonly associated with this city. Compact and easy to navigate by bike or on foot, Amsterdam houses more than 6,000 buildings from the 16th century forward that are protected for historic importance. It’s loaded with charm and treasures, from the gabled houses that stand shoulder to shoulder along the canals, to glorious masterpieces by Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Matisse, and more.
The center is located conveniently across the street from the University of Amsterdam and is embedded in a thriving, student-friendly neighborhood with cafes and restaurants and picturesque canals.
- CIEE Amsterdam is located conveniently across the street from the University of Amsterdam and is embedded in a thriving, student-friendly neighborhood with cafes and restaurants and picturesque canals.
- Trips to Rotterdam, Maastricht, or an island off the Dutch coast.
- Bike tours through Amsterdam’s countryside.
- Tours of medieval castles.
- Depending on their program of study and availability, students may be able to participate in an internship or volunteer.
CIEE Scholarships and Grants
CIEE’s need-based grants offer support to students who face financial barriers to studying abroad. CIEE awards need-based grants based on students’ EFCs and program selection. The Gilman Go Global Grant offers students $750-$2,000 toward airfare, plus $2,500 toward semester program costs, or $1,000 toward summer program costs.
Though the Dutch capital is home to the stock exchange, central bank, and numerous Dutch and international companies, it’s got an artsy, vibrant side too — think museums housing original works by Van Gogh and Rembrandt, art galleries, music clubs, and theaters.
Whether you want to study Business, Humanities or examine social and environmental challenges with a critical lens, the Netherlands is the place to be.
Earn credits this January in one of the most progressive cities in the world. Join the locals and bicycle around this accessible, environmentally-conscious and multicultural European capital city.