Note: in summer 2021 we are hosting this programme online.
This advanced programme on human sexuality examines the complexity and changing interactions over time between the self, the body, culture, and power -- and also how this complexity is conceptualized and organized culturally, politically and epistemologically.
During this four-week advanced programme, participants will build on their already extensive knowledge of sexuality as it intersects with ethnicity, nationality, class, and religion, and will deepen their familiarity with how sexuality is conceptualized and practiced within research, programmatic, and advocacy venues. Among the topics addressed will be: sexual politics in the Netherlands, sexology, comprehensive sexual education, sexuality and religion, the construction of difference in contemporary sexualities and intimacies; sexual orientation, gender identity and human rights.
- Apply for the institute in its entirety, or for one of the two constituent blocks.
- Engage with and learn from a variety of international faculty and guest speakers.
- Benefit from an exceptional networking opportunity through the sharing of experiences, works in progress, research plans and diverse perspectives.
- Approach advanced topics in sexuality studies from a critical academic perspective.
- Enjoy Amsterdam as your host city!