New Zealand: National Expedition and Internship

The National Expedition and Internship program is designed for students who want to experience both hands-on learning the the field while seeing the North and South Islands with real world applications in an internship setting. Choose one of the four tracks of study available in Agriculture & Environment in Hawke's Bay, Communication & Marketing in Wellington, Creative Expression & Digital Media in Wellington, and Disaster risk & Emergency Management in Wellington.

• Choose a two-week field study and four-week professional internship in one of four tracks of study: Agriculture & Environment, Communication & Marketing, Creative Expression & Digital Media, Disaster Rick & Emergency Management.
  • Experience New Zealand’s dynamic geography and diverse cultural terrain, and discover some of the country’s most popular destinations.
  • Explore the country’s thriving arts scene through museums, galleries, theaters, festivals, and events.
  • Gain hands-on professional experience while interning in a field that caters to your area of study and professional goals.

Jeanine

Studying Abroad in New Zealand

I participated in the marketing and communications expedition and internship program with Massey University. I had such an incredible study abroad experience! I had the opportunity to travel around New Zealand for 2 weeks with a group of about 30 people who I became good friends with. During the expedition, I got to see many beautiful places in New Zealand and got to hear from marketing and tourism professionals throughout the country. After completing the expedition part of the program, I interned with a nonprofit in Wellington. During my internship I did mostly social media marketing for an event but also was given the freedom and support to create a campaign with the other interns promoting the event. With this opportunity, I was able to see so much of New Zealand, meet amazing people, immerse myself in a new culture, and develop my digital marketing skills. Participating in this program was truly a life-changing experience and I would recommend it to everyone! Side note: you’ll definitely get the travel bug after this program!

More communication before the program starts would be helpful with preparation.