Study Abroad in New Zealand

Come explore and study abroad in various programs in New Zealand! All programs are geared towards enhancing the international and intercultural perspectives within the academic community. Study courses in business, education, design, fine arts & music, humanities & social sciences, and sciences. Travel to energetic, enterprising, and innovative universities for one month or for a whole summer! Study in the heart of New Zealand at:

Massey University in Auckland, New Zealand
Massey University in Palmerston North, New Zealand
Massey University in Wellington, New Zealand
University of Waikato, New Zealand
University of Canterbury, New Zealand

Megan

Studying in New Zealand

I really enjoyed the experiences I was able to have by studying abroad in New Zealand through CCIS. It gave me an opportunity to travel and explore a new country with other people who were excited to see all of the unique experiences this country had to offer. My tip would be to find as much time as you can to explore the country you are studying in. Academics are important, but this is a unique opportunity to explore and learn first-hand about another country. Make the most of it! Try to reach out and make friends with people from the host country, they may be able to show you places or events that other international students may not know about.

CCIS wasn’t super communicative with me, so maybe doing better to clarify just how involved CCIS will be during the program or more clearly communicating any help or services they have to offer students in their programs.
Lyndsey

A Leap Around the World!

I am currently studying at the University of Canterbury in Christchurch, New Zealand. I've been abroad since early February and I get back late June, so I will have spent the semester (5 months) abroad.

My experience abroad has been an amazing one, I've met the best people and instantly found friends that I hope to know for life. I've had the opportunity to take unique classes and travel all around the South Island of New Zealand. Over a three-week mid semester break I road-tripped, camped, and even traveled to Australia! On these trips I got to hike mountains, visit wineries, swim in the ocean, snorkel with hundreds of fish, pet kangaroos, hold koalas, paddle board and explore all things outdoors! New Zealand culture is laid back and always down for an adventure!

While abroad I have had the most amazing experience, through getting out of my comfort zone I have received opportunities to grow in ways I hadn’t realized I could. Immersing myself in a new way of life and getting to meet people from all around the world has been an incredible journey and something that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Traveling half way around the world to New Zealand was one of the best decisions that I have made and if I were to do it again I wouldn’t change a thing. Everyone should study abroad, it connects you to the rest of the world in a completely new way. Being here has given me new life perspectives and has changed the way I see the world, allowing me to make life long friendships with people that feel like family- people I would have never known had I not taken this amazing opportunity to see the world.

About CCIS Study Abroad

Study abroad with the College Consortium for International Studies (CCIS) in locations around the world from the Americas to Africa, Asia, Europe and Oceania. CCIS is a partnership made up of a host of colleges and universities of all different sizes...