University of Otago - Graduate Studies programs

Graduating students of Otago University
Graduating students of Otago University
Two students sitting outside on a sunny day
Two students sitting outside on a sunny day

The University of Otago is New Zealand’s leading postgraduate research university and offers
unparalleled access to world-class academics in a full range of qualifications. Our postgraduate students have the opportunity to learn from, and work alongside, the national and international leaders in their disciplines.

Choose from more than 120 postgraduate programmes, from one-year diplomas to extended research degrees.

Get a head-start on your career and stand out from the rest with an internationally-recognised Otago postgraduate qualification.

• New Zealand’s leading postgraduate research university.
  • Ranked in the top 3% of universities in the world (QS World Rankings).
  • Five-plus QS Star Ranking.
  • More than 120 postgraduate programmes.
  • Stay in Abbey College, a residential college exclusively for postgraduate students.

April

Fantastic Trip in Dunedin

I’m so pleased to have such an opportunity coming here. Everything here is amazing and seems like quite different experience for me!

The university of Otago is so big, students with multi-background gathered here, campus here is beautiful, Gothic architecture looks cool.
I visited the building for the business school and enjoy the extraordinary view on the 9th floor.

We had two guides helping us know the campus ,that’s pretty nice and thank them for their kindly help.

By the way, my homestay here is amazing, they are so so so nice, and it’s my great honor to meet them!!!!!!!

Thank for the great chance and I have fantastic time here. I will always keep the memories here!!!!!

I’m sure I’ll come back again soon!
Thank you all the way.

Zhuge

Wonderful Internship Experience in University of Otago

I'm a junior student of Fudan University who lives in Shanghai, China. This year I was luckily chosen to be one of the 12 winners of the Dunedin Mayor Scholarship, so I have an opportunity to go abroad to Dunedin and have an internship at the International Office of University of Otago.
On the first day, we visited on campus and the scenery was very beautiful. The University of Otago has a very long history. On the campus, majestic and exquisite ancient buildings can be seen everywhere.
Then I went to the international office of the University of Otago to have an internship. The colleagues there were very friendly and carefully taught me how to work. I have a good communication with them. The internship there is very pleasant and I do learn a lot from that.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
work as an intern in a foreign country and meet lots of friendly colleagues there.
Mohammed

Excellent research reputation, International recognition and an amazing campus

The University of Otago has an excellent research reputation, International recognition with its amazing campus.
Otago Business Schools is accredited with two international agencies – EQUIS and AACSB – this is a reassurance to of the quality of education available from the Business School, a degree from UO, is an incredibly valuable qualification.
It is located in Dunedin, only ten minuted walking from the city centre, the people here are friendly and enjoy helping international students.