Spend your summer abroad in Belfast, Northern Ireland with AIFS! You'll earn 5 credits while studying at Queen’s University. Courses are taught in English.
Study Conflict Transformation and Social Justice to learn about Northern Ireland’s history of conflict and their path to peace. The Irish Studies program offers students the choice to specialize in either Literature and Culture or History and Heritage. The new Story Program allows students to explore the universal theme of storytelling.
Live in shared apartments in a student residence in the city center.
Enjoy excursions and social activities such as:
• Walking tours of Belfast
• Ceilidh (Irish dancing)
• Visits to the Botanic Gardens
• 3-night Dublin orientation
• Day trip to Causeway Coast and the Antrim Glens
• Half-day trip to Stormont
• Day trip to Derry/Londonderry.
A 2-night tour of London is included for students on the optional AIFS Flight Package.
- Earn up to 5 credits and transcript issued by Queen's University, Belfast
- Game of Thrones filming location tour
- Day trip to Causeway Coast and Antrim Glens
- Transportation pass and sports facility access
- Home to Titanic Belfast Center, named the world's leading tourist attraction of 2016 World Travel Awards
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support
We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad.