This two-week course is open to both students and young professionals. "Ethics of Sustainable Development", provides an introduction to the theories and practice of sustainable development with a special focus on developing countries. Development has been a contested concept and has had its share of controversies. The fact that poverty and inequality in many poor countries has not reduced significantly, in spite of significant international effort, has posed both conceptual and practical problems.
The recent focus on sustainable development has been a result of alarming environmental and climate degradation, but also because of a conscious effort in advocating for this issue throughout the world. With the intention of teaching this topic from different perspectives and angles, this course will also analyze the critiques of sustainable development too. Students will gain knowledge analyzing various case studies of ethical, human sustainable development around the world.
- Complete the course online with live, engaging, and provoking classes and discussions. Gain global perspectives and learn from international faculty from Kathmandu University's School of Development Studies in Nepal.
- nalyze and critique sustainable development and ethics through literature reviews and active learning discussions. Be able to intellectually answer the question: Why do ethics matter in development?
- Gain and practice in-demand skills: Critical and analytical thinking, creativity and innovation, remote work management, interpersonal and interdisciplinary communication, diversity and cultural intelligence, public speaking, thought leadership.
- Practice creativity and innovation with an Agile Capstone Workshop. Explore innovative opportunities to apply your new-found knowledge and how to transform your knowledge into action.
- Using machine learning with your block-chain certificate, we'll connect the skills that you gained will with the jobs available right away. Also, gain access to TGP's alumni network of over 3,200 sustainability leaders and career opportunities.