This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Panrimo.
Alumni Network - Study Abroad in Scotland with Panrimo

Alumni Network - Study Abroad in Scotland with Panrimo

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Panrimo.

The world's first City of Literature, Edinburgh is the perfect place to get philosophical over a glass of scotch or some hearty home cooking. Panrimo program participants study at one of the premiere universities of the world, the University of Edinburgh. Established in 1582, the university has been at the forefront of education, literature, medicine, science, and language almost from the moment of its founding. With 20 Nobel Prize winners on its alumni lists, the academic reputation of this institution cannot be understated.

With housing included in the program costs, students will live and study in the heart of this gorgeous city, never far from a famous pub or historic boutique. Panrimo's on-site coordinator will also guide small groups of students on cultural excursions to local gems and world-famous sites, all will providing greater insight into the culture and heritage at the heart of Scotland.

Europe » Scotland » Stirling
Letters of Recommendation
Phone / Skype Interview
Age Requirement
Visa Requirement
Personal Advisor, Financial Aid Guidance, Credit Transfer Assistance, Visa and Passport Application Guidance, Personalized Entry Packet, Tuition, Fees, Amenities, On-Site Coordinator, Airport Pickup, Orientation, Housing, Excursions, Health Insurance, and Transcripts are all included in the program cost. Scholarships are available from www.panrimo.com.
Stirling

Taylor
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Central Michigan University

Stirling, Scotland

Studying abroad in Scotland was the opportunity of a lifetime. My experience has changed me because it taught me that there is no "normal". Getting out of my comfort zone is sometimes very hard for me to do and studying abroad is the best and most fun way to broaden your horizons. Scotland had amazing culture that I had never been exposed to before and I made friends that I will never lose. Our whole study abroad group was so close, we went everywhere together! I wouldn't have picked another program and would recommend this one to anyone.

If I had to change one thing, it would have been more interaction with the local students. (I know there's only so much that can be done with the summer program since they don't attend school in the summer).

Carrie
West Chester, PA

Beautiful Edinburgh

I spent 2 months in Edinburgh for a psychology internship. Panrimo offered placement in Stirling, but when the coordinators could not find a perfect match for me in the city, they searched elsewhere. Finally finding a psychologist in the University of Edinburgh, I was set up for an internship that was better than I could ever imagine! Housing and everything I needed was set up for me by Panrimo, and when the university changed the plans without warning, the Panrimo coordinators had the problem fixed within hours. And that includes the 6 hour time difference! At the internship, I spent 3 days a week in the university doing research and 2 days in a local hospital clinic. My days started with a 20 minute walking commute. The city and surrounding landscape was beautiful and full of interesting history, so every day was exciting. The research was challenging, but extremely interesting and I learned a lot about my future career. I interacted with local people at the hospital clinic, which gave a completely different perspective from the paper and computer work. I was finished around 4:30 PM everyday and had the night to explore the city. Coming to a new country alone was scary at first, but at the same time, it forced me to step outside my comfort zone and make friends by talking to strangers at restaurants, pubs, and coffee shops. I learned so much about the culture, especially with the festivals going on during the summer! On the weekends, I made a number of trips outside of the city, including castles, the southern borders, the Highlands, and Loch Ness. I got to see not only Edinburgh, but also the other famous and amazing sights of the country! This was one of the best experiences. I will definitely be returning to Scotland, only this time, I'll remember to bring more comfortable walking shoes.

Based in Birmingham, Michigan, Panrimo is an intern and study abroad provider committed to offering travel experiences that connect you to world culture. We keep our excursion groups small, our focus on the student, and the experience immersive to give program participants the best overseas