Scotland: St Andrews - Undergraduate Courses

The University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC) welcomes students to apply to study abroad at the University of St Andrews in Scotland. Voted among the top 100 universities in the world by Times Higher Education, taking courses at the University of St Andrews is an amazing addition to anyone's education. A large range of student organizations and a ton of course offerings make this opportunity open for students to choose how to best spend their time in Scotland.

• Benefit from an overall academic staff to student ratio of 1:10
  • Join in a range of extracurricular activities and over 100 student societies
  • Live in a charming city with medieval architecture and easy travel access to all of Scotland, Wales, and England
  • Play all seven world-renowned golf courses in town at a discounted student rate in the ancestral home of golf

Shylie

Time of my life

I had the best time in St. Andrews. The academic aspect of studying abroad was very challenging but I have learned a lot. Before coming abroad I heard USAC was very accommodating and was like a concierge service for you abroad. I was told I would be picked up from the airport and if I got sick I would have someone to contact. However, I rarely heard from my advisor. I had a problem when I was coming abroad and when I called my advisor I learned she had left town and was no receiving calls the entire time I would be traveling and moving into housing. When I had to apply for a visa and needed questions answered she often told me she wasn’t sure what the correct answer was and when I researched he question myself the answer she had given me was wrong. I would expect a study abroad advisor to at least have more knowledge in applying for a visa. I highly recommend coming to ST. Andrews, but I do not necessarily think you should pay the extra price for USAC.

Have the advisors more involved with the students. The advisors should be in contact with students regularly. I would suggest they learn more about visas and immigration, and be accessible during their programs time of travel.