Students of the Language and Culture program in Dakar, Senegal are eager to seize opportunities—live and study in a French-speaking West African country, considered by many to be one of the most developed and democratic nations in that region; explore Senegalese society and develop and/or acquire language skills in French and Wolof; engage in true cultural immersion by living with a Senegalese family; participate in a community service project.
If you’re ready to seize the opportunities, the Language and Culture program in Dakar is ready for you.
Study abroad in Dakar and you will:
- Choose from a variety of courses in African studies, development studies, anthropology, and sociology
- Live with a Senegalese family that will provide strong cultural immersion
- Participate in African art, dance, and music; engage in community service and/or an internship
- Visit Gorée Island, Toubab Dialaw, Saint Louis, and the Sine-Saloum region
View Program Information
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers a wide variety of scholarships for participants; see website for details.