• South Korea
    • Seoul
Term
Academic Year, Fall, Spring
Accounting Asian Studies Business Chemistry Communications Cultural Studies Digital Media Economics Education Engineering Film Finance Gender Studies Global Studies History Humanities International Business International Relations Law Liberal Arts Literature Marketing Media Relations Physics Political Science Psychology Public Relations Religious Studies Social Sciences Sociology Tourism Visual Arts Women's Studies +23

Program Details

Dormitory
Korean

Pricing

Price may be an estimate, the lower end of a range, or from a previous term. Please see our website for specifics.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Classes Travel Insurance Wifi
What's Included (Extra)

Please visit our website to see all that's included.

May 04, 2022
Sep 10, 2019
14 travelers are looking at this program

Join CIS Abroad for a semester in South Korea for an immersive, supportive, and transformative experience! This unique program in partnership with Sogang University offers top-notch academics at a pristine, small liberal arts university. You'll study and live alongside both local and international students, enjoying a residential campus setting with all you'll want to feel right at home. Choose from a variety of courses taught in English in topics such as business, communications, education, engineering, math, history, literature, science, psychology, and many more. Make new friends by joining one of the many clubs on campus. Get your sweat on at the modern athletic facilities. Or simply stretch your legs walking around the sweeping green lawns around campus.

Program Highlights

• AACSB-accredited business school with 40% international student body
  • Easy access to 5 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in and around Seoul
  • Fully-equipped athletic facilities
  • Study at the alma mater of the first woman president of South Korea
  • Numerous interesting student clubs: A tarot card reading club, start-up business club, comic & video game culture club, English conversation club with local students, martial arts club, and more!

CISabroad Scholarships

CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.

$250 - $500

Olivia

Homestays!

My personal favorite experience during my time in South Korea was participating in two homestays! The CISabroad coordinator for my program helped me set up homestays with two different families. I first stayed with a family that lived outside of Seoul, and they took me to places I would have never found as a foreign tourist. I learned about traditional Korean culture, wore their traditional dress(hanbok), visited a buddhist temple to have tea with a monk, went strawberry picking, and so much more! I also stayed with a girl my age who lived in Seoul, and she was my personal tour guide for all the major touristy spots as well as showing me some hidden gems in the city. She taught me how to make kimbap, helped me learn how to ride the bus system, and made me feel like I fit in as a young adult in Seoul. I know I have made lifelong connections with these people, and I am thankful to call them my friends. We often exchange pictures and stories from all our adventures, and I get to still be connected with my trip and the country even while I’m back in the states.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The most unfamiliar thing I ate was pig intestine sausage. One CIS excursion was going to one of the many markets in Seoul. We ate at a little stall in the middle of the packed market and our coordinator ordered lots of food for us to try! He dared us to try the pig intestine sausage if we thought we could, and I gave it a go! It was definitely unlike anything I've ever had before, but I recommend trying it at least once!