View Other Details
Health and Accident Insurance
Even beginning students of Spanish have heard of Andalusia, a region in southern Spain. It’s a storied, magical place, and the city of Granada is in its heart. It’s a place where you go to find aspects of Spanish culture you read about in class. There is no substitute for actually being there in order to bring these aspects to technicolor life. Centuries of Moorish rule afford a unique diversity to its world-famous architecture and traditions. Modern Granada is a vibrant, affordable university town. This is the perfect place to soak up the culture, learn the language, meet local and international students, and experience the Spanish way of life. The stunning scenery and welcoming local atmosphere make this program a perfect choice for those students interested in Spanish. Arcadia also offers a STEM Summer Research Program in Granada, with a focus on environmental research.
- Arcadia excursions are part of the program and enhance cultural immersion while providing meaningful context
- This program can accommodate anyone, regardless of proficiency in Spanish, whether beginner, intermediate, or advanced.
- Courses are taught at either the Arcadia Granada Center or the Centro De Lenguas Modernas at the Universidad de Granada.
- Optional intensive Spanish language pre-session course available.
- STEM Summer Research Program in Environmental Studies also available
This program can accommodate anyone, regardless of proficiency in Spanish, whether beginner, intermediate, or advanced. Courses are taught at either the Arcadia Granada Center or the Centro De Lenguas Modernas at the Universidad de Granada. Optional intensive Spanish language pre-session course available.
The Summer Program offers two tracks. Intensive Spanish language track - If you wish to start learning Spanish or improving your Spanish language skills, this option is for you. Small class sizes and the latest audio-visual communication tools make these classes very effective for language development.
Spend eight weeks earning six credits this summer, while participating in significant environmental research in a distinct region of southern Spain! This STEM summer research program is based at the Andalusian Institute for Earth System Research (IISTA), one of Spain’s leading institutes for environmental research, in cooperation with the University of Granada.