Barcelona School for International Studies (SIS) Semester/Quarter Program

Barcelona School for International Studies (SIS) Semester/Quarter Program

The Barcelona School for International Studies (SIS) Semester/Quarter Program offers you the chance to get up close and personal with Barcelona while taking courses in English that can count towards your major, minor, or general education requirements. With core studies in business and the humanities, cultural immersion plays a large role in this program.

Please note that this is a 12 week program, which is perfect for students that are on a quarter system or looking for a shorter semester. In addition, this is a wonderful option for U.S. Citizens that are looking to receive a semester or quarter’s worth of credits without having to secure a visa, as the program is less than 90 days in duration.

For more information, please visit the Barcelona SAE website.

American Studies
Some Meals
Travel Insurance
Application Fee

Amazing Semester Abroad!

I had the amazing opportunity to study abroad in Barcelona for a semester. It was a unique experience because Barcelona SAE was there every step of the way to help the students transition into the Spanish lifestyle. This included day/weekend trips to surrounding towns, tours of each barrio (neighborhoods), and activities such as flamenco dancing, cooking classes, and intercambios with the locals. Without help from the program, I wouldn't be able to fully make the most of my time in Barcelona.
The highlights of the program were definitely the trips we took outside of Barcelona. We went to Zaragoza, Bilbao, San Sebastian, Guernica, and numerous other towns. It was a great way to experience how other Spaniards lived and know what each town was famous for.
Besides the trips, Barcelona SAE also helped with our transition within Barcelona. This included our homestays/apartments, transportation, and classes.
Overall, it was an amazing experience that I would highly recommend to anyone who is thinking about or planning on studying abroad in Spain.

If I could improve on one thing, it would be the duration of the activities that Barcelona SAE planned for us. Many of the activities were for one night and with no followup for interested students. If they offered more opportunities for students to get involved apart from the program, Barcelona SAE would be unstoppable!

Fantastic program!

I am a semester-long student with this program, and I am so happy with my choice of program. The directors are so helpful and friendly, they're always open to any questions/concerns and even helped me get a package delivered from the US that was stuck in customs. There are so many additional activities and trips included in the program-tours of the neighborhoods, a cooking class, a day trip hiking on Montserrat, a full weekend trip to the Basque country-that I really feel like I'm getting the most out of my experience here and exploring all corners of Barcelona.

There are very interesting classes offered, but I signed up for classes all in Spanish, and I was not told until about a month before I left that they couldn't offer those classes in Spanish because there wasn't enough interest. I would have liked to have more options to take classes in Spanish (which I need for my major) or at least to have known a little earlier that that wasn't possible.

About Barcelona Study Abroad Experience (SAE)

Barcelona SAE provides superior quality study abroad, internship, and customized program options in the vibrant city of Barcelona, all of which incorporate a strong intercultural element for our students. We focus on providing an enriching cultural,...