CISabroad - European Experience: Ireland, Scotland, England, and Spain

CISabroad - European Experience: Ireland, Scotland, England, and Spain

We always have promotions running to save you money. Visit our website for more information.

Spend your summer traveling throughout England, Ireland, Scotland, and Spain during this multi-country study abroad program. European Experience is the ideal way to boost your academic studies a full semester ahead while also exploring four beautiful, historic, and diverse European countries. This program will satisfy culture, history, architecture, and language buffs as much as the first-time traveler. You’ll study at a London university, walk bustling Scottish streets, visit Ireland’s iconic cities, and jump to Barcelona, where you’ll immerse yourself in Spanish language—all in one summer. This traveling summer study abroad program is the opportunity of a lifetime.

Art History
Cultural Studies
English Literature
Global Studies
International Business
Liberal Arts
Social Sciences
Comprehensive inclusions: all transportation within and between countries is included, lodging during the duration of the program, as well as many meals. Please visit our website for cost and dates details.

From the European Experience I received the full 15 credits possible. There was one class between Ireland and Scotland. The class was taught on the bus during our excursions. You truly learned a lot just from listening to the bus drivers and professor talk about the area. In London there were 2 classes offered. I took both of those and they were taught in a classroom. In Spain there were also 2...

A trip of a lifetime

I was so excited to go abroad I was unsure of what I would experience. I saw things that were unique to my program. I got to see the Queen, in England. I lived right by Sagrada Familia in Spain. I traveled to 27 different cities and 5 different countries in 76 days. All the people and places made the experience a thousand times better. I am so grateful for this experience.

Having the program pay for more of our food. That was where a lot of my costs went.

Planes, trains, and automobiles

Considering the fact that the trip allowed for me to visit four different places in just 2 1/2 months, I would say the excursions were well planned, the housing convenient and the staff very friendly.
The only critiques I would make would be for the Ireland and Scotland portion, emphasize the amount of money that will be spent on food given the fact that the first two weeks are spent hostel hopping and having to eat while at museums or other excursions that cause prices to increase. Also, for this portion of the trip I would suggest providing more information for why each planned excursion is relevant to the course. Everyday was loaded with excursions and trips, which was amazing, I just know that with tiredness comes moodiness and a lot of people probably would have been more responsive if they knew why the excursions were important/relevant.
For the Spain portion of the trip, I would suggest making classes Monday-Friday but ending at 2pm. While 9-4 M-Th. was nice, by the time you got back to your apartment and finished homework, all you wanted to do was sleep. Also, we had planned and already paid excursions on the weekends yet no one wanted to go on those because we felt we didn't have enough time to explore Barcelona. Making classes end at 2 but go M-F would fix that issue.

"There's No Place I'd Rather Be"

The Ireland/ Scotland portion of this program is absolutely crazy, you see so much in two weeks. I wish Dr. H had given us information sheets so we knew what was coming up next and there was a lot of travel time, but overall I got to see an insane amount of attractions in 14 days.

London was amazing. There's so much to do and the classes are more stable but still very fun. We go on excursions but there's a ton of free time to really explore.

Spain was my absolute favorite. It's the most flexible in terms of doing things on your own, there's so much to see and it's all so wonderful. The classes are a bit more rigorous but you need it to communicate so it's directly useful. I loved Spain so much, my friends from the trip constantly complain that we're not there still!

More direction and organization for Ireland/ Scotland. Dr. H gave us the prompts for a ridiculous amount of essays at the bottom of our London portion and it was due right when us lucky few who continued to Spain got back to the states.

About CISabroad

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience...