Middlebury School in Spain: Madrid

Middlebury School in Spain: Madrid

The Middlebury program in Madrid offers cultural and linguistic immersion through a rigorous curriculum and adherence to the Middlebury Language Pledge. By pledging to speak only the target language while abroad, students will have the best chance of acquiring fluency and actively engaging in the local environment. The program is based at the Sede Prim, and students may take up to two courses alongside local students at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. All students are encouraged to get involved in the community through internships or interactions within the clubs and activities available

• All course work is conducted entirely in Spanish
  • Students adhere to the Middlebury College Language Pledge
  • Courses at the program center and at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
  • Housing in homestays, apartments and residencias
  • Internships available in many fields
Writing Sample
Statement of Purpose
Letters of Recommendation
Language Requirement
Semester tuition and health insurance are included in the cost. Room/board, books/supplies, travel, visas and personal expenses are not included.

Study abroad in Madrid!

I absolutely loved my time in Madrid. The staff members at the Sede Prim truly care about all of the students, and were there to support us throughout our entire experience. I took three classes at the Sede, and all of the professors were incredible - the classes were all only around six students! I appreciated the fact that the course content was all related to Spanish history and/or current events, which helped contextualize the place we were living. Madrid is also such a beautiful and vibrant city. The people were friendly, the food was delicious, and every day was a new adventure. I personally couldn't have thought of a better study abroad experience.

Great study abroad program!

The Middlebury School in Madrid (Sede Prim) is a great program with a wonderful staff. Studying abroad is incredibly fun, but also very challenging in many aspects (logistics, culture shock, academics, etc). The staff at Sede really made Madrid feel like home from day 1. Because they have the graduate students at the same school, there was time for interaction with them which made the experience even better. I took all my courses at Sede. They were extremely challenging but manageable and I definitely improved my writing and speaking abilities. I would highly recommend this program!

The strong focus on the Language Pledge which meant living in a Spanish-only apartment/home made finding an apartment in Madrid somewhat more difficult than expected. However, it also made for an interesting and much more rewarding experience.

About Middlebury C.V. Starr Schools Abroad

The Middlebury C.V. Starr Schools Abroad feature 38 sites in 17 countries and are characterized by a focus on integration with the host culture, both linguistically and socially. In addition to taking academically rigorous courses, students are able...