Syracuse University Abroad Madrid Center

Retiro Park
Retiro Park
Group photo from Azahar Signature Seminar
Group photo from Azahar Signature Seminar

Imagine life where the days are long on sunshine, and the evenings are full of the colors and sounds of people who enjoy life to its fullest. Based in festive and modern Madrid, the SU program explores the entirety of Spanish culture. You'll begin with one of several distinct Signature Seminars. Your homestay family will introduce you to the language and customs of Spain at home, plus our cultural activities and service learning programs will further immerse you in your new surroundings.

The SU Madrid program also offers specialized programs in immersive Spanish language and in business.

Students are encouraged to enroll in fall, spring, or summer semesters! During the Madrid Summer Session, students enroll in 3-9 credits.

Internships are also available for 1-3 credits in a variety of fields. In fall and spring, students must be enrolled in the semester program in order to take part in an internship.

Nicholas

HALA MADRID

Madrid is the best place you could ever go. The fashion is ridiculous, the people are amazing and the food is to die for. SU Madrid was one of the best decisions I have ever made and I wish I was still there. It's amazing how big of an effect a short period of time can have on your life. I love my host family and we still talk every other week. They are my second family, forever and always and I will be sure to go visit them again. Getting around Europe is so easy. Just really be sure to immerse yourself in culture that you are in and do not act like the stereotypical American that they already have you painted as. Make friends with locals, speak the language and be open to everything. You will fall in love with Madrid and everything this magical city has to offer you. There are not enough words in the English or Spanish language to describe this amazing experience.

Honestly, this program was perfect. I got everything out of it and more. I mean maybe a few more trips and making sure there is a fall break but other than that it was perfect.