Study Abroad in Madrid, Spain: Semester or Academic Year

AIFS Study Abroad in Madrid, Spain

Spend a semester or academic year in Madrid with AIFS! Earn up to 18 credits per semester studying abroad at Universidad Nebrija. Courses are taught in English and Spanish.

Universidad Nebrija offers an Internship and Spanish Language Program for students with a high intermediate and above level of Spanish and combines Spanish language study with an internship. Volunteer opportunities are available through a local NGO.

You’ll live in a homestay with a local family or in a shared room in an apartment. Homestay students will receive two meals per day from their host family, while apartment students will receive a meal allowance.

Enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
• Guided city tours
• Visits to galleries and museums
• Day trips to El Escorial, Segovia and Toledo
• 3-day trip to Granada
Optional excursions include a 4-day trip to Morocco and a 2-day trip to Salamanca.

• Day trips to El Escorial, Segovia and Toledo
  • A 3-day excursion to Granada, Andalucía
  • Earn up to 18 credits and transcript provided by Universdad Nebrija
  • Internship and volunteer opportunities
  • Optional Early Start Program - Intensive Spanish Course

AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support

We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad.

$500 - $5,000

Claire

Study Abroad in Madrid Fall Semester with AIFS

Madrid is a busy and bustling global city. That being said, belonging to the local culture is a little different because Madrid invites so many cultures. Integration in Madrid was fun and taught me that I can live in a global city on my own. I feel like one of the biggest strengths about my program was that we were in the heart of a major European city, which meant that you could opt-in and out of whatever AIFS excursions or activities that you wanted, and still had the option to go out and explore on your own as well. There is ALWAYS something to do in Madrid. Similarly, I liked how my program was immersed into a Spanish University that had not only other students in study abroad programs similar to AIFS, but also other international students who chose Madrid as their study location. I chose to live in an apartment over a homestay and I wouldn’t change my decision because I got to live with not only other AIFS students but also a girl from Norway and a girl from Italy which was great

Talk to your friends in the language, talk to locals in the language, and change your phone to that language. If you are living in an apartment with other students, coordinate group meals! It's a fun bonding experience and you all save money. I wish that I had traveled on my own a little bit less and enjoyed Madrid on the weekends more. I was unaware that there would be many other Abroad Programs taking classes at Universidad Nebrija and I was pleasantly surprised that I made so many more friends than just those in my program.