CIS Abroad - Semester in Barcelona - Universitat de Barcelona

cis abroad semester study abroad barcelona spain universitat de barcelona

The Semester in Barcelona - Universitat de Barcelona program is the perfect option for you to elevate your Spanish, study culture and politics, and discover the secrets of this captivating city. Barcelona is an intriguing mix of Spanish, Catalonian, and European culture, and you’ll immerse yourself at a level no tourist could ever achieve. There’s more good news: The UB ranks as the #1 university in Spain, so you’ll study with ace professors in a thrilling, multicultural academic environment. And did we mention the warm climate, the superb shopping, the blissful beaches, and the Gaudi architecture? Once you set foot in Barcelona, you may not want to leave.

• Beautiful campus close to the city center
  • Homestay option with a local family
  • Multiple levels of Spanish language courses
  • Fun social and cultural activities, including movie night, cooking classes, a flamenco show, and multiple tours and excursions

CISabroad Scholarships
CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.

$250 - $500

Kayla

10/10 would recommend

I absolutely LOVED my time in Spain. From the people, to the food, to the city itself, Barcelona was AMAZING! CIS Abroad staff was extremely helpful with all of the pre-departure paperwork and I had no worries at all about my semester abroad. Upon arrival, the on site staff were extremely helpful in facilitating anything that I needed. In addition, the program has many fantastic excursions that really generate a love for the culture of your chosen country. I cannot more highly recommend any other experience. To this day I still talk to the friends I made while abroad in addition to my host parents on an almost daily basis. The connections I made in my semester abroad will be connections that I carry with me for a long time to come. Again, 10/10 would recommend.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I were to do this program again I would go in the Fall, instead of going in the Spring like I did, just so that I could experience autumn in Barcelona. (Spring was amazingly beautiful though)
Jacqueline

BARCELONA IS A MUST!!!

As a student who was unable to originally go to a 4 year university because I couldn't really afford it, I decided to go to a local community college where I would work and pay for school. Since I didn't originally go to a four year university, I thought I would never be able to complete a dream of mine and study abroad. Last minute last year, my best friend told me about Barcelona , and how I would fall in love with the city, and I should try and study abroad there. With no prior knowledge of this city, I trusted my best friend, found a program and applied. I was able to get my funds in line and I'm beyond blessed to have spent a semester in what I believe to be the greatest city in the world. Through out my semester I traveled all over Europe/ Africa to other beautiful city's , but after each short trip, o was itching to go back!! Barcelona has such rich culture, with strong family bonds, extremely nice people, and really cool traditions I never even new about! I loved getting to learn all about Festival and Sant Jordi! Also everywhere you look in Barcelona is a perfect opportunity for a photo! The streets are filled with unbelievable architecture, and art on every corner! From amazing food to amazing night life , to almost perfect weather all year round, Barcelona is the perfect Mediterranean city to experience in college, in an amazing Country that is completely underrated. While living in Barcelona, I did drink from the Font de Canaletes on Las Ramblas, so I'm completely in love with the city, I can't wait return time to time and hopefully maybe even get the chance to live there again!

Only thing that can be improved is when you offer cooking classes to do multiple times and spread out the classes! I was unable to attend the one my program offered and I was so sad about it because it looked so cool!!! And maybe more day trips? I had such a great time meeting people and being with the program on day trips because there was places, and foods I would have never visited or tried! Overal, I had an amazing time!!!