History, Politics & Culture of the Mediterranean January Term: Barcelona + Rome + Florence

Can’t decide between pizza and paella? You don’t have to! Spend your January Term exploring three of the Mediterranean’s most beautiful cities and earn 3 credits! Explore the history, culture and languages of Italy and Spain, while you see what cultural elements tie this region together and yet make it so diverse.

You’ll enjoy a perfect blend of top-notch academics and experiential learning that include intriguing courses, guest speakers, local tours and a variety of cultural activities and excursions. Courses are taught in English, but students are highly encouraged to practice their Spanish and Italian outside of the classroom to truly get the most out of the experience.

Mihir

Best Experience - Motivation

Six months before the program started, I was absolutely terrified that I was heading to a country where I knew no one and the native language was completely different. One and a half year after the program, I have traveled to 12 countries and have taken a job far away from home. This is all because of the Barcelona SAE program.

The staff were not only helpful during the program but quite literally help me till this day. I have had many career chats and received a ton of advice from these staff members and I don't believe I can ever repay them for this.

My favorite memory were three very specific instances. One, as an FC Barcelona fan, attending El Clasico at Camp Nou was one of the most surreal experiences of my life and I still have goosebumps thinking about it. Two, being able to learn and physically see all of the historical beauty of the city of Barcelona and the region of Catalunya. Three, the Moroccan experience from within the program helped open my eyes on the very different walks of life. This trip is the reason that I have planned out further trips in Islamic countries to learn more about the religion and culture.

I would 100% recommend this program to anyone that wants to experience some of the best of food, culture, sports and life.

N/A
OLIVIA

Semester of a lifetime!

Barcelona SAE made my first study abroad experience memorable. The staff always had contact with us everyday and they were just awesome overall. The teachers of the school were very accommodating and friendly. They always had opportunities for the group to be together on our day trips-- whether it be going to another area in Spain or learning how to make traditional Spanish dishes or dancing lessons. All of the staff had knowledge about everything that we needed to know when in Spain. I loved this program very much. This experience taught me so much about life.

About Barcelona Study Abroad Experience (SAE)

Barcelona SAE is the specialist in Barcelona study and intern abroad. We use the city of Barcelona to offer students and universities boutique, personalized programs, focused on cultural immersion, a wide variety of quality academic options, and all...