View Other Details
Study alongside the urbanites of Stockholm, with a balanced life in a vibrant metropolis with the city's beautiful and serene surroundings.
On any given day, find yourself in the midst of a busy crowd of Stockholmers on their way to the day's next plan. Wander to the old city where the buildings, cobblestones, and narrow streets take you back to Stockholm's 13th-century beginning.
At DIS, ignite your love of learning, further your academic achievements, develop intercultural understanding, and acquire life skills essential for engaged citizenship. If you choose Stockholm as your home, your classroom will be in a state-of-the-art modern glass building right in the city center. From here, you can easily explore the strikingly beautiful capital that’s brimming with lively culture, ahead-of-its-time design, and friendly people.
- Create your own semester: Choose a core course from 11 academic programs and select from over 45 upper-level elective courses. Your freedom of choice extends to your housing, where you apply for living arrangements that best fit you.
- Engage in high-impact courses: Learn how concepts and issues are perceived, lived, and theorized in Europe, and reflect on the cultural norms and values that shape you.
- Build your knowledge in new aettings: Turn Stockholm into your classroom on local Field Studies. Hone your skills in research or labs, studio, practicum, or workshops.
- Explore Europe on Study Tour: Travel with your class and faculty on two course-integrated Study Tours in Europe.
- Get to know the locals: Live in a Homestay, join a local club or organization, sign up for a Swedish Language and Culture course, attend evening seminars, and more.
DIS offers need and merit-based awards and is committed to supporting students with limited financial resources, from diverse backgrounds, and/or underrepresented populations in study abroad.