Semester Program in Stockholm

Semester Program in Stockholm

The Swedish Program at the Stockholm School of Economics (SSE) is an academically challenging study abroad program offering a full range of liberal arts courses in English. As a small program within a larger international university, we offer students the best of both worlds -- the opportunity to take small, creative, culturally-relevant classes across a range of subjects, with the full support of our Program staff, while benefiting from access to SSE facilities, events, student clubs and trips, and direct enrollment in select SSE courses. Immerse yourself in Swedish student life and discover why our students call Stockholm “the hidden gem of Europe.”

Europe » Sweden » Stockholm
Women's Studies
Statement of Purpose
Letters of Recommendation
Visa Requirement
Students travel independently to Stockholm, but are welcomed at the airport by Program staff on arrival day. Included in the tuition, room, and board cost are: orientation week travel/excursions, monthly food subsidy, membership to SASSE (SSE's student association), books, 24/7 emergency support, cultural activities throughout the semester.

Cassie
Boston
Tufts University

Swedish Program

My semester abroad in Sweden was one of the best times of my life. I feel in love with Sweden and The Swedish Program was a big part of the reason I loved my time abroad so much. The program was small which allowed the entire program to get close. The staff really got to know its students and organized really fun events and group trips for the students in the program to attend. They helped us reach out to the students of the Stockholm School of Economics and make friends.

Isabella
San Rafael, CA
Williams College

One amazing semester

My semester with the Swedish Program was truly a life-changing experience! I lived with a host family in the suburbs and they truly became my second family. The program does an amazing job of finding welcoming Swedish families and matching them to students (and also matching roommates for the students who opt to live in apartments). The only real downside was that I had a fairly long commute, but I became very savvy with Stockholm's great public transportation system. My classes were all very interesting and engaging, and I loved getting to know my Swedish professors and hearing their points of view. Classes were challenging enough that I knew this wasn't a "throwaway" semester, as many abroad program are, but did not assign too much work so I had plenty of free time to explore the city. We also had two week-long breaks which allowed me to spend lots of time travelling and seeing other parts of Europe.

I absolutely would recommend the Swedish Program to anyone thinking of going abroad in Northern Europe. The program does a great job of taking care of its students and Sweden is a wonderful country.

My only complaint would be that I didn't get to know as many local students as I would have liked, because most of my classes were with only students from the Swedish Program. However, I made lots of great friends within the program and the administrators organized lots of cool activities throughout the semester that helped us to engage with and learn more about Sweden.