IBS Summer Europe 2018: Munich, Verona, Paris, London & More

Visit 6 countries in 22 days! Summer Europe is perfect for undergraduate and graduate students who are looking to gain international business experience while setting themselves apart in the workforce after graduation. Students will learn about the culture, customs, and international business practices used in a variety of European cities. Most importantly, students will observe how business practices differentiate between each country visited and the United States.

International Business Seminars (IBS) programs provide a variety of unique opportunities:

Network with business executives by visiting global companies to learn about how business is conducted and the challenges that come from running a multi-national organization.

Earn university credit while applying the knowledge you've learned in the classroom to real-life business settings.

Gain a competitive advantage for your career by experiencing international policies, political climates, & international business environments.

• Experience cultural activities, free time to explore, and a variety of European Cities
  • Participate in city tours to see the most well-known attractions, including the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, and more
  • Learn from business executives at global companies such as BMW, the World Trade Organization, and more
  • View international business practices in a variety of industries, including: finance, business, marketing, and more
  • Stay in 4-star hotels with front-lobby security

Brooke

The best experience

I could not have imagined going to Europe through any other program. They are very accommodating to all types of situations, whether you want to use this seminar as a credit or not, and even if you’re a nonbusiness major. This program really gives you the freedom to immerse yourself in the culture as much as you’d like, through all the free time you have to explore the cities. If I had to try and convince one of my friends to choose IBS over any other program, I would show them all the amazing pictures and sights I got to visit. Along with explaining we got to visit really interesting companies including Swarovski, World Trade Center, and even Cailler chocolate factory.

To maybe find an translator in every country to help teach us little phrases in all the different languages
Elise

IBS Summer Europe 2018

I chose to attend the Summer Europe trip with IBS versus another program because I wanted a program that would lead me to multiple European countries while also helping me with my future career. IBS stood out to me because it was led by experienced business professionals that would teach me while also giving me room to learn on my own. I liked that IBS was academically focused because it gave me an added perspective on each city compared to just visiting. From my experience abroad I learned to be confident in myself. I think this simple fact made the trip worthwhile. I was able to face new challenges and adventures everyday which gave me more confidence in my own abilities. I was able to use what I have learned in the past to help me in each new situation.

Have more personal interaction with the presenters at each company.
Gilda

IBS Experience

This trip is absolutely amazing! You get to visit 6 different countries in a good period of time. What's so great is you get to learn about different companies, and how they are so different to the U.S. Your learning experience is not in a classroom, what could be better than that! I loved being able to try so many different food, and being able to see all the beautiful places in every country. I would definitely take this trip all over again if I could!

Possibly explaining on the amount of free time we actually have
Samantha

GO ABROAD

IBS Summer Europe was an experience of a lifetime. I was able to grasp so many new concepts. I made many new friends that I still remain in contact with! Going abroad and experiencing companies instead of sitting in a lecture is a unique experience that many programs don't offer. I enjoyed going to companies that i had previously known before but didn't know entirely about. Talking to people who deal with international business on an everyday basis gives you more of an idea on what you could be doing in the near future. IBS is definitely a must program if you want to visit many places with endless opportunities.

NONE
Michael

My First Business Trip

This was my first time abroad, and I have to say I connected with these countries much more intimately than I thought I would, especially France. It was cool to feel like a local going to "work" in these cities for a few days and then taking off and going on an adventure, whether it be to the Eiffel Tower, the Alte Pinakotek, paragliding, or seeing the Rosetta Stone! It was amazing to have the chance to actually visit companies and organizations that I have heard about or read about in books like the WTO, BMW, and Lloyd's of London.

Maybe have a bit more faculty supervision of free time just to keep the "troublemakers" in line, but otherwise excellent.
Joshua

IBS Summer in Europe Seminar

When it comes to the IBS summer seminar in Europe, the overall experience was phenomenal! I've been over to Europe already through an exchange program as well as family vacations, but in all of my travels I really can't compare them to this past trip.
The administration that was sent over with the rest of our group was amazing to say the least. Each one of the admins truly wanted to be there (not only because it was Europe) in order to give each of the students a great experience. With a number of different universities being part of the trip, there was a huge opportunity to network with others as well as the businesses that we met with. Transportation was also great! While the bus rides were long, it ended up being a great way to relax and rest up from prior days of running around. During the seminar, hotels were our main points of living for the entirety of the trip, while there were a few hotels that were quite small (due to being European), the hotels themselves offered everything that you would need while abroad.
In general IBS put together a great trip, for anyone who is timid on studying abroad for an extended period of time should really look into this organization. The month long trip will definitely give you the right amount of culture shock while also keeping you from wanting to head back home!

None
Julia

Incredible!

This experience was 100% worthwhile and I learned a lot while traveling abroad! My Europe seminar with IBS was my first time traveling out of the country. I’ve traveled some within the United States, but traveling abroad is a completely different experience. In the States we’re so used to the same language being spoken everywhere you go, but in Europe it’s a different story entirely. This trip was amazing because I got to experience several different languages and cultures over the course of three weeks, as well as gain insight into living and working within the European Union. It was a great way to learn more about myself and make some amazing friends as well. There's nothing like studying abroad and I would recommend IBS to anyone interested in traveling internationally and learning more about international business.

More help with budgeting, personal expenses add up a lot quicker than you think!
Peyton

IBS Abroad Summer Europe Program

A great way to visit several European countries, explore new places, & gain college credit without being confined to a classroom!! Wouldn't want to experience a study abroad any other way. I got to see 6 countries in 23 days and had ample time to explore each country outside the business visits. The business visits were very educational, fun, and interesting and allowed us to see international businesses first hand.

The only thing I can think of is the transportation between cities --which would only make the program more expensive.
Jessica

IBS Summer Europe 2017

This was an unforgettable trip of a lifetime! We traveled to 6 countries in 23 days. Seeing the different international businesses and how they operate and overcome challenges was very interesting. I didn't know much about the companies we visited before the trip, but now I am very knowledgeable about these companies. Other study abroad programs only are based in one country, which do not allow you to see as many places like this seminar. I also chose to attend this seminar because of the business credit I received instead of a general course. On my experience abroad I learned to adapt to different cultures and the ways different countries do things. I also learned the similarities and differences that businesses abroad and businesses here in the US have. Being in a different environment and experiencing a variety of cultures is definitely something I think everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime. , I miss all the friends I made while being abroad. At the end of the trip I felt almost as close to these friends as my family while spending three weeks together. I still keep in touch with the friends I made from this trip today because we all experienced this trip together and made memories I will remember forever.

Julianne

IBS Abroad

I had a great time on the IBS Summer Europe trip. I thought that a three week program was perfect, and we had a good bit of free time to balance out our seminars. I think that IBS offers a unique experience that traditional study abroad programs do not. I felt that I gained some real-life knowledge from my experience, and being able to learn from the businesses first hand was a big plus. I met some of the greatest people, and I am so glad I did this program.

Candice

Experience International Business Culture

I choose IBS because I was very interested in their listed itinerary. The companies visited touched on every aspect of business, from entrepreneurship to marketing/advertising to co-operative associations. IBS offered what I was looking for in a good length of time.
I learned the value of presenting yourself professionally and networking. I also learned the importance of respecting the cultures of other countries and adapting. My experience was definitely worthwhile. Thanks IBS!!

Anna

IBS Summer Europe 2016 Experience

Going abroad with International Business Seminars is one of the wisest decisions you could ever make! I attended the 2016 Summer Europe Trip, and it was one of the most adventurous and meaningful classes/trips I have ever experienced. We visited six different countries over the course of 23 days and attended ten+ company business meetings.
IBS allows students from all over the world the opportunity to meet with some world-recognized businesses such as Swarovski Crystal and the World Trade Organization. All the information learned during the trip will be beneficial to future classes and work experience. How many people can say they have sat in the WTO meeting room and talked first-hand with employees from Switzerland?
Everyone has the opportunity to be involved with the businesses, plus you get to see some of the most famous cities in the world. Have you ever wanted to hike the Alps, eat pretzels in Germany, walk the Louvre, hike up the Eiffel Tower, visit Big Ben, or explore the canals of Venice? Well, then the IBS Summer Europe 2017 trip is calling your name!

About International Business Seminars

Since 1976, International Business Seminars (IBS) has operated over 570 individual seminars taking more than 25,000 students to Europe and Asia on an experiential learning experience that has its focus outside of the classroom, unlike many other...