Sustainable Development Program in Tanzania

Learn about political ecology and women’s rights in the African country of Tanzania! Amizade provides an invaluable opportunity to both volunteer and study abroad in Tanzania, a welcoming country undergoing intensive development efforts in agriculture, politics, and finance.

Students will take between three to four classes in global ethics, economic development, and environmental sustainability. Supplementing this, they will work with a series of established NGOs to affect real change in the country and learn first-hand about the difficulties and joys of rural volunteerism.

joe

Great Program

Amizade helped me realize my potential. I never knew what I wanted to do prior to this trip. I know love Africa, Africans, and sustainable development. It shaped my thinking and world view to an extreme degree.

Kate

Life Changing Experience with Amizade in Tanzania

In the Summer of 2009, as final credits for my college career, I went with Amizade to Tanzania. It was my first time out of the country and I was nervous. The program, the group, the experience traveling- was all incredible. I learned so much from the program about sustainable development, women's rights, being a global citizen, and myself. I always felt safe and comfortable but that I wasn't having my hand held the entire time. I would highly recommend this program to anyone. The program perfectly balanced being guided by professors and local leaders and having room for independent study and reflection. We engaged academically with each other and through hands-on programs with the local community. I still feel extremely close with the group I traveled with and I know that's an unforgettable experience we will always share. I can honestly say this experience has influenced my life and the path I chose to take upon returning to the states in such a big way. I'll never forget it.

SeniorStudent

Have the time of your life in rural Tanzania!

Get a real world perspective on the impacts on development projects while having a the adventure of a lifetime. Interact with the local community and get to know the people around you in your volunteer placements. These are friendships that will last a lifetime.

Day to day experiences include:
-Community interactions
-Service Placement work
-Class and discussion time

The program also allows you to travel around Tanzania and see all the beauty the country has to offer.

When you come back you truly aren't the same person.

About Amizade

Amizade Global Service-Learning has been empowering individuals and communities since 1994 through worldwide service learning projects. Amizade volunteers have served in 11 countries in 5 continents with 13 partnerships. Since its founding, Amizade...