Customised Faculty Led Programs in Southern & East Africa

Edutours Africa customizes academic and non - academic faculty-led programs across 13 countries in Southern and East Africa for schools, colleges and university groups. We work closely with academic staff to create and design programs that meet their course requirements.

We are African and our passion for our people and the environment shines though in each carefully planned program and gives us the ability to include unique experiential learning experiences that makes practical learning come to life.

• Life-changing Experiences
  • Authentic & Sustainable Service Learning
  • Cultural Immersion
  • Experts in Practical Learning
  • Security and Safety Focussed

Joanne

Spring Immersion experience

This was the first for our group to visit South Africa and it was amazing! Our students are from different disciplines exploring the relationship between culture and leadership and the agenda that Des had put together for us was full of useful activities. I especially enjoyed being able to go to different homes to share a meal with the locals, and our visit to Robben Island. I think our talk with Christo Brand and Lionel Davis could've been incorporated with the Robben Island visit, or maybe have either of the two be our specific tour guide on the island. Frans was such a splendid guide and driver - lots of knowledge about the area, very warm and welcoming to us, and very patient and flexible!
Our stay at the Team House was wonderful! All our meals were delicious and prepared on site for us. We had almost exclusive use of the house for our group with lots of space for debriefing, blogging and vlogging.

EduAfrica did a great job customizing our trip for us - if anything can be improved, it should start with us staying longer than a week!
Robert

EDU Africa Cultural Immersion Week in Cape Town

Our group had a life changing experience. EDU Africa was absolutely brilliant. There was nothing that I would have done differently. We had amazing experiences in townships working with kids, great cultural conversations with Robbin island prison wardens, and prisoners. We got the educational experience that we come for, EDU Africa created a schedule that was action packed, with just the right amount of activities to keep us busy but not overwhelmed us. EDU Africa are very thoughtful and the accommodation at the Team House was first class. Meals at the Team House were delicious, prepared by there caring staff. Transportation was slick and our driver Franse was thoughtful and flexible, we never felt rushed. Furthermore, he was an amazing tour guide with a wealth of knowledge of the area..
I will certainly use EDU africa again --

I have no way that the program can be improved -- only maybe stay longer in South Africa, our trip from the states was a week, we should have done 2 weeks
Mary

Unforgettable adventure

Our guide Prosper went above and beyond to make this an unforgettable adventure. Everywhere we went, he made sure we were able to talk with locals who had first-hand knowledge of the events and places they described. This was the most engaging and authentic study abroad trip that I have experienced.

Edutours handled all the details and were great with minor changes and meeting needs while on the trip. Their expertise made my job considerably easier.

There were some events on the itinerary that need more explanation in advance, e.g. the culinary tour.
Annie B.

Highly Recommend

I have taken teenage boys to Cape Town for the past two years as part of a school Spring Break service learning trip. Edutours has guided us in our planning and on the ground. From start to finish they are fabulous! I most appreciate their organization, professionalism, responsiveness, flexibility and total dedication to making our trip an amazing experience for our students and chaperones alike. I truly feel like I have friends in South Africa and would recommend Edutours to anyone looking for an amazing travel experience.

About EDU Africa

EDU Africa customizes academic and non-academic faculty-led programs across 13 countries in Southern and Eastern Africa for schools, colleges and university groups. We work closely with academic staff to create and design programs that meet their...