Start doing. What better way to begin understanding the complexities surrounding environmental, development, and globalization issues, than to engage with and confront them yourself? In Thailand, you’ll engage in a real-world learning model to examine issues of development and social justice on a grassroots level.
Study abroad in Thailand where coursework and the classroom are a springboard, propelling you out into the field where you’ll interact with, learn from, and contribute to communities and organizations in the Northeast of the country.
In Thailand you will:
- Immerse yourself in Thai culture through community stays, translated exchanges, Thai student roommates, and peer tutors
- Spend significant time living and exchanging with villagers and NGOs
- Conceive, collaborate on, and present a final, group project which uses methodical, field-based research and contributes to the public sphere
View Program Information
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers a wide variety of scholarships for participants; see website for details.