TEAN: Holistic Health and Wellness in Asia Summer Program

Statue of Buddha in Thailand
Statue of Buddha in Thailand
Swimming in blue waters of Krabi
Swimming in blue waters of Krabi

Though the world’s life expectancy is longer than ever before, myriad health concerns related to stress, poor dietary habits and limited social interaction are on the rise. Asia has long fostered a number of holistic and natural wellbeing methods and it’s here that we turn our attention to see how ancient practices, such as tai chi, yoga and meditation, can help combat modern health issues. Led by two expert faculty, TEAN’s unique Holistic Health and Wellness in Asia Summer Program introduces students to a variety of complementary modalities that promote optimal health and healing, both academically and experientially. The 3-week course travels from northern to southern Thailand exploring not only the country’s natural charm and culture, but the role of mindfulness and mindfulness-based therapies in holistic health, self development and sustainable living including an immersive 2-week retreat where students dive into the different practices themselves.

TEAN Full Ride Scholarship

The TEAN Full Ride Scholarship is designed to give a stand-out student the opportunity to study abroad. It's an annual scholarship that can be used for any TEAN program and covers tuition, program fees and orientation (up to $15,000 value).

Mallory

BEST CLASS EVER

Imagine going snorkeling, kayaking, rock climbing on a beautiful Thai beach for COLLEGE CREDIT!!! This is exactly what this course offered! I was excited for EVERY SINGLE DAY of this class! Pierre (My professor) is a delight & such an endearing soul. I definitely recommend this class, especially if you are REALLY ACTIVE!! I am a student-athlete so I thoroughly enjoyed all of the activities and did not find anything too challenging. Not tobe dramatic or anything, but this class was the best three weeks of my life!!! If you are somewhat interested in health, or holistic health studies, I would take this class to expand your horizons! I am a business student so it was a great change of scenery. One helpful tip- Thailand is a developing country, so do not expect all of the standard US luxuries.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Rock climbing on Railay Beach! I was not expecting it to be as difficult as it was! Our mindfulness practices got me through the climb and getting to the top felt SO REWARDING