This two-week program is based in the Central American country of Belize and is intended for undergraduate students ages 18 and up who are interested in pursuing a career in speech-language pathology (speech therapy), audiology or a related field. This is an ideal program for students who want to take advantage of learning from professional American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) accredited speech-language pathologists (SLPs) and Therapy Abroad staff in order to learn more about this remarkable field of study. Students will gain hands-on experience rarely found in the classroom, professional observation hours, one-on-one time with SLPs and other professionals, intercultural exchange, a better understanding of global issues, and a chance to help children with special needs and their families.
- Hand-On Experience in Communication Sciences
- Work with Professionally Licensed SLPs
- Adventure Travel in Belize
- Speech-Language Pathology Clinical Hours
- Speech-Language Pathology Professional Observation Hours