Winter SE Asia: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam & Bangkok, Thailand

home cooked meal in Vietnam
home cooked meal in Vietnam
company visits
company visits

Winter Southeast Asia provides unique opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students looking to expand their international business education outside of the traditional classroom. While traveling abroad, students will learn about Thai and Vietnamese culture, history, customs, politics, and international business practices. Most importantly, students will observe how these business practices differentiate from the United States.

International Business Seminars (IBS) programs provide a variety of unique opportunities:

- Network with business executives by visiting global companies to learn about how business is conducted and the challenges that come from running a multi-national organization.
- Earn university credit while applying the knowledge you've learned in the classroom to real-life business settings.
- Gain a competitive advantage for your career.
- Experience some of the world's most well-known attractions and destinations.

• Visit Bangkok, Thailand & Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam in 13 days
  • Learn from business executives at global companies such as the American Chamber of Commerce, Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange, and more
  • View international business practices in a variety of industries, including: finance, marketing, economics, and more
  • Participate in city tours to see the most well-known attractions, including the Damnoen Floating Market and more
  • Stay in 4-star hotels with front-lobby security

Kyrie B.
Valkyrie

I grew both personally & professionally. Amazing experience!

I was fortunate enough to attend the Winter Southeast Asia seminar in Thailand & Vietnam this past winter break and not only learned a plethora about international business, but also grew as a professional and a person. I met new peers and friends, made professional contacts and saw a part of the world I never would have on my own. I got great value for my money and am anxious to go abroad with International Business Seminars again. As an international business major, IBS Abroad gave me the international experience I needed to confidently apply for jobs overseas. The two week seminar also counted as three credits towards my undergraduate degree, which was the cherry on top to an amazing experience.
Thank you International Business Seminars!

No improvements needed! However, I do recommend for participants to bring just as many casual clothes as professional and be prepared to pay for meals other than the amazing breakfast buffets offered by the hotels and 5 other lunches & dinners.
Chad

Southeast Asia: Great Culture and Experiences!

This was my third trip with International Business Seminars. I was hooked on this program after beginning in Europe and followed with a trip to China. Each and every program has provided me with new experiences and insights. Each trip provides a wide array of learning including: technical business knowledge, cultural experiences, and great networking opportunities. During the course of my time in Thailand and Vietnam I learned a lot from professionals in various companies about how they work in their environment. Much of the information relates to the similarities or differences in cultures and how it effects the way business is conducted. Outside of the company visits there in plenty of time to explore the cities and surrounding areas. There are many amazing things to experience including the local cuisine and customs. Throughout the whole program, you become close with a variety of people who are all experiencing the same thing first hand with you. This makes for great friendships that will last a lifetime. Throughout the entire program, IBS does a great job of facilitating the hotels, transportation, tours of the areas, and everything else that you may need. This is a without a doubt a great experience for everyone and the reason that I have been on the program three times.

Offering participant the option to upgrade their flight, although this may cost more money.
Emily

Amazing Opportunity in SE Asia

My experience abroad was completely worthwhile. Hearing how successful people do business is interesting in any country; but even more so when you hear about how they dealt with difficulties and how they overcome them in a culturally different environment. They have to deal with language and cultural barriers in addition to working under different government regulations and are still successful. It was also interesting too to see how different and alike business can be outside of the United States. In addition to learning about business; the experience also helped my communication and networking skills grow. I had the opportunity to meet and become friends with an amazing group of people through this program. People that are attracted to this kind of program / adventure are the types of people you want to be friends with. Everyone on this trip will be super successful in whatever they do. We also had plenty of free time to enjoy the culture outside of the business world.

I would not mind staying longer.

About International Business Seminars

Since 1976, International Business Seminars (IBS) has operated over 570 individual seminars taking more than 25,000 students to Europe and Asia on an experiential learning experience that has its focus outside of the classroom, unlike many other...