12 - 52 weeks
Classroom Audience
Early Childhood Pre-School Elementary Middle School High School University Students Adults Business

Program Details

Classroom Audience
Apartment Guesthouse Host Family Hotel
Age Max

Pricing

Salary / Benefits
Please see each program listing to learn about the benefits and offers
Program fee fully waived for Clubhouse members
What's Included
Accommodation Some Accommodation Activities Airfare Domestic Airfare Airport Transfers Meals Some Meals SIM cards
Nov 22, 2023
Jan 28, 2024
1 traveler is looking at this program

Introducing "The Clubhouse" initiative: a token of our appreciation for our dedicated educators. If you've journeyed with us in the past five years, you now have the unique opportunity to enroll in any of our graduate programs at no cost.

As cherished members of The Fewer Things, we're excited to present this exclusive offer just for our esteemed alumni. Your unwavering trust and support mean the world to us, and this is our gesture of heartfelt thanks.

All graduate programs available.

Diversity & Inclusion

BIPOC Support

At The Fewer Things, our commitment is steadfast: to foster an environment where every individual feels seen and heard. As we navigate opportunities across Asia, we emphasize the importance of understanding and appreciating the distinct narratives and experiences of the BIPOC community. Whether it's teaching, cultural immersion, or volunteering, we ensure that people of color not only have a seat at the table but are also integral to our mission's success. With The Fewer Things, you're not just joining a program — you're becoming part of a community that values diversity at its core.

LGBTQIA+ Support

At The Fewer Things, we prioritize a culture of inclusivity. Our operations across Asia are rooted in recognizing and respecting the unique identities and experiences of all participants. We believe in offering opportunities without boundaries, ensuring everyone—regardless of race, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or ability—feels valued. For those in the LGBTQIA+ community seeking teaching, cultural immersion, or volunteering roles: know that The Fewer Things stands with you

Neurodivergent Support

At The Fewer Things, we embrace the unique insights and contributions of neurodivergent individuals. While we offer tailored support and an inclusive environment tailored to diverse cognitive experiences, it's important to note that specific country visa and work permit requirements may apply. Regardless, we're dedicated to guiding each participant through the necessary processes, ensuring they have a supportive and enriching journey throughout our programs in Asia.

Accessibility Support

At The Fewer Things, inclusivity and accessibility form the backbone of our operations. Our programs across Asia are designed to accommodate participants with physical disabilities or chronic conditions. While specific country visa requirements may exist, we provide comprehensive guidance to each applicant, ensuring their well-being, seamless integration, and a fulfilling experience throughout their journey with us.

Impact

Sustainability

At The Fewer Things, we operate with a conscious commitment to sustainability at the forefront of our programs across Asia. Understanding the profound weight of our actions, we meticulously design our initiatives to yield a net positive contribution to local communities and environments. Every decision we make, from program creation to execution, aims to balance and exceed any negative impact, championing an ethical and sustainable approach

Ethical Impact

At The Fewer Things, our approach to ethical programming is deeply rooted in mutual respect and reciprocity. We ensure that while our participants gain enriching experiences, host communities in Asia are empowered, their environments protected, and their cultural heritage upheld. This holistic approach safeguards the authenticity of experiences for future travelers, all the while championing the well-being and growth of our host communities.

Program Highlights

• 💰 - Free Program
  • 💯 - Same level of support as first time around
  • 🌎 - Join new and returning alumni
  • 📱 - Group chat with all applicants
  • 😻 - Special discounts for visas and document authentication

Current Teaching Jobs

View the latest teaching job postings by TFT - Teach Abroad.

• 5 rating 100%
  • Benefits 4.85
  • Facilities 4.75
Lucy

My experience with TFT

I have never taught before so it was quite daunting and I didn’t really know what to expect. TFT were so helpful getting everything sorted before coming out and provided plenty of support. The group I came out with are so nice and TFT arranged plenty of activities for us all to meet and mingle which was great and helped build community out here in Hanoi. We had some issues with the employer out in Hanoi but overall the experience has been great and I’m looking to try somewhere new later this year.

Just have fun and try not to take every day too seriously
Pros
  • Super helpful
  • Good social activities
Cons
  • Some issues with the employer in Hanoi
Hazel

Fabulous Course!

I cannot recommend The Fewer Things enough! They have been brilliant from the beginning and continue to be a great source of support and advice now, 4 months into my teaching contract in Thailand. Pre-departure, they were available 24/7 to discuss anything and everything. They provided some really good advice on planning, packing and adapting to the new culture, which allowed me to focus on the exciting stuff! I have had an amazing time teaching in Thailand where I have made lifelong friends and formed great relationships with my students and fellow teachers. I am now reaching the end of my contract and planning my next semester with Jaemi from TFT help and advice.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
My most nerve-racking moment was probably the day I left the UK and my family! It was an emotional rollercoaster but I just kept reminding myself that the worst-case scenario was having to come home earlier than planned and everyone I loved would be there for me. Luckily, this has not been the case and I have loved every minute of my experience! Being away from my friends and family has pushed me to form strong friendships quickly and it is comforting knowing myself and the other foreign teachers are in this together.
Pros
  • Simple and effective guidance
  • Reassurance and friendly support
  • Options and opportunities
Josiah

A Wonderful Year that Rescued my Resume!

I graduated during the peak of the Covid-19 pandemic and finding a job afterwards was almost impossible. I struggled for over a year and decided to look into a Fewer Things advert I saw in my research one day, then never looked back! Initially I planned on teaching in China after feeling super comfortable with the intake and application process, but after a summer Covid resurgence I felt nervous about the big move and decided to defer my application. Jaemi and the team were so kind and accommodating the entire time and a year later, when I decided to pursue my placement in South Korea, I was able to hop right back in where I left off! I can't say enough good things about the support I received before leaving.

My time in South Korea has been exactly how it was laid out for me, the hours are a bit longer than other placement countries but I've been able to save a comfortable amount and spend time exploring beautiful Seoul on the weekends. Gyeongbokgung Palace, Seoul Metropolitan Library (who make it very easy for foreigners to get a library card!), Lotte World, etc are all just a short bus ride away. This is also a great environment for people eager to practice their language skills with plenty of support. Most signage is in both English and Korean which makes the whole city super foreigner friendly. The food is incredible, the health insurance is the best I've ever had, and I've made so many friends since moving. It wouldn't have been possible without The Fewer Things and next year I look forward to applying for their Teach in Japan program through the new TFT Clubhouse feature!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I'm an anxious solo-traveler so I've had my share of nerve-racking moments but the biggest was probably, in the first few weeks after arriving in-country, figuring out how to navigate my first jimjilbang (bathhouse) totally naked and in Korean -- a super fun and rewarding experience after the initial confusion!
Pros
  • communicative and knowledgeable support team
  • incredible work experience for recent graduates
  • flexible placements
George

My experience with TFT

I travelled to Thailand in October 2023, and I’m loving every minute of it. The Fewer Things have been by my side each step of the way. It would have been incredibly difficult to prepare and sort all the documents necessary to travel and work in Thailand, if it wasn’t for the fewer things guidance and support along the way. Even a month after I had landed in Thailand they reached out to me to see how I was getting on. If I ever need advice about certain useful teaching methods they reply in a very timely manner and with some great suggestions which I have used myself.
Overall I am very happy with the support TFT provide and would recommend them to anyone else who is ready for an adventure to Thailand :)

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Fried grasshopper- surprisingly tasty
Pros
  • New friendships
  • Experience new culture
  • Best job I have had
James

Clubhouse review

I had a great time in Vietnam with TFT in 2022. The support is lovely to have and the guys help you with absolutely everything. Most people in my group had never taught or been to Asia before so we definitely needed the help with most things. Vietnam is a great place although a little chaotic at times and I had to adjust to that lifestyle massively. I am opting for Thailand next year through the clubhouse scheme in hopes for something a little more chilled out. Happy to be joining another great program and working with TFT again!

Pros
  • Great support
  • Getting set up in a new country
  • The pay is good
Cons
  • How busy Hanoi was
Mia

Perfect Program for First Time Teaching Abroad!!

Moving to a foreign country can be so scary at first but the support of The Fewer Things eased so many of my nerves. It can be quite difficult and stressful to figure out all the predeparture paperwork and obtaining the visa but The Fewer Things helps you with every single step of it. Any questions I had no matter how big or small I would get a quick response from Jaime detailing out the answer and even leaving voice memos or calling on the phone to get more clarification.

You are also placed in a group chat with others doing the exact same thing as you so you automatically have friends before you even get there.

I was placed in Esan which is such an authentic experience of Thailand. All of the locals here are so over the top friendly and welcoming. We have made a few really good Thai friends while living here who have taken us to beautiful temples and night markets, it's such a treat!

While in Thailand, The Fewer Things continues to help you. I entered this program with interest to improve my teaching and I have since reached out to The Fewer Things for classroom management help. They are so helpful it truly feels like some friends that previously had a great time teaching abroad and now want to help others to have the same experience.

After such a great experience I have chosen to do another semester in Thailand and The Fewer Things is helping me to pick whatever location I want in Thailand... I'm thinking somewhere on the beach haha! After doing one semester with them they will help you FOR FREE teach anywhere else you would like in SE Asia. Again, like your good friend who just wants to help you have an amazing experience.

It is such a life changing opportunity, if you are on the fence definitely do it!!!!

Jaeda

An Unforgettable Experience

I have always aspired to teach English abroad, and TFT has helped me to attain this goal! I moved to Thailand in October 2023, and I will complete one semester by March 2024.

When it came to moving and securing a teaching position in Thailand, I hadn't a clue how to go about it. Luckily, TFT has been an amazing support system, and I was guided every step of the way on what I needed to prepare before flying out. The TFT team is also very communicative throughout the whole program -- just a message away. I especially appreciated when Jaemi did check-ins once I was settled in, as this reinforced that I could contact the team for anything. We also have an active group chat with the other teachers, so this helps us to seek peer support and advice, or to make meet-up plans.

While you will be in the school teaching for most of the semester, there are several whole-day school events on campus, and plenty of national holidays throughout the year; those long weekends are great for exploring the country! Thailand is an optimal placement as a base for traveling around SEA, and I look forward to visiting the neighboring countries at the end of the term.

To be honest, I had no idea what to expect when I chose to move to Thailand. I figured that whatever experience I would have here would be an opportunity to learn and grow, no matter what. I am happy to say that the Thai people and culture have been so warm and welcoming to me and my fellow foreign teachers. I am so grateful to be surrounded by a friendly community, and such endearing students at my school.

Although I still have a few more months in Thailand, I already know that I want to continue my professional development in ESL/EFL instruction abroad. Once again, TFT has come through to support my goals with the TFT clubhouse. As a clubhouse member, the opportunities are endless, and I'm hoping to make Vietnam my next base in fall 2024.

Keep an open mind, and be ready to adapt and accept when things are different from what you may be used to. When in Thailand you've got to embrace the sbai sbai and enjoy living in the present moment during this unforgettable experience.
Katherine

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

This was my first time flying out of the country and I have to say it was an overall great experience. I decided to go with an agency because I figured I would need a lot of support (as this is my first solo travel experience). Working with Jaemi, Will, and Molly has been great, they get back to you in a timely manner, and with all their combined travel knowledge, they are an amazing resource for almost everything you need (teaching, social scenes, restaurants, or even someone to have a good rant with lol).

I was placed in Chaiyaphum, Thailand, it is about 5 hours from Bangkok, which makes it a bit hard to travel to unless there is a long weekend. However, it is a good area with amazing food! I love the fact that TFT team took the feedback from the placement form and came up with Chaiyaphum. It has a decent-sized expat population, so there are nice restaurants around with some Western influence (One Bar and Ms. Buns). There are nice parks and plenty of things to do here. Overall, I would recommend it because it has a bit of everything, grocery stores, movie theaters, a night market, mountain trails, temples, fishing, waterfalls, vegan options, and many other convenient amenities.

Even though there are some...hiccups with some of the operational stuff on MediaKids' end (not part of TFT) I am happy that I got in contact with Jaemi and got the ball rolling to come to Thailand, at times it truly is like a dream!