• Thailand
Classroom Audience
Early Childhood Middle School High School

Program Details

Qualifications
  • Bachelors Degree required!
  • NO teaching experience needed!
Job Type
Government
Classroom Audience
Early Childhood Middle School High School
Weekly Classroom Hours
Age Max

Pricing

Salary / Benefits
- Fully accredited 120 Hour Online TEFL Course - completed before you arrive in Thailand
- 24/7 support from your coordinator before and after arrival in Thailand
- Assistance with criminal record check, visa process and authentication of documents
- Teaching placement in a vetted public school
- 31,000 TBH+ per month and 3,000 TBH housing allowance per month
- The Fewer Things Survival Guide to Thailand
- Private group chat with all applicants
£600 GBP / $770 US Dollars
- 120 Hour Online TEFL Course - completed before you arrive in Thailand
- 24/7 support from your coordinator before and after arrival in Thailand
- Assistance with criminal record check, visa process and authentication of documents
- A guaranteed paid teaching placement in a vetted public school
- 1-2 week orientation
Aug 22, 2022
Nov 24, 2022
13 travelers are looking at this program

Welcome graduates!

Our Teach English in Thailand Programme is the perfect opportunity for graduates looking to experience a different way of life!

We provide extensive support and training to get you fully prepared for your move. We did not want to add a programme that is similar to others, so we have created an authentic experience for you to see the 'real' Thailand, you'll be away from the hustle and bustle of the big cities and truly escape the 9 to 5 life!

- Teaching placement in a vetted public school
- 31,000 TBH+ per month and 3,000 TBH housing allowance per month
- Private group chat with 40+ other applicants heading out at the same time as you!

Check out our reviews for more!

Program Highlights

• 120 Hour TEFL Course - pre departure
  • Paid placement in a Public School
  • Orientation and Induction in Thailand
  • Full pre-departure support
  • Group chat with all of the other applicants

Current Teaching Jobs

View the latest teaching job postings by The Fewer Things.

• 5 rating 81.58%
  • Benefits 4.45
  • Facilities 4.2
Cameron

TFT - China Program

The Fewer Things are an amazing organisation. They can seriously help you get into China. The program coordinator Jaemi is extremely helpful and really dedicated to guiding people get through the difficult steps.
This has not been an easy process, and getting a Chinese visa is notoriously difficult, but I had support from very knowledgable people the whole time.
I couldn't recommend this enough. I am also working at a great school here and the support continues to be excellent.
Thank you for everything.

Pros
  • The support.
  • People continue to be extremely helpful.
  • The schools are terrific.
Cons
  • Very difficult visa process.
Emily

Best decision ever :)

I’ve been in Thailand just over a month and I can say it’s definitely the best decision I ever made ! From the minute I applied, Jaemi was available to message if I had any questions / concerns. It can feel overwhelming and complicated sorting documents etc to move to another country but the support from TFT has been amazing and it’s really reassuring knowing they are just a message away at any time of day, and they will really try their best to help you - I probably asked Jaemi , Will or Molly about 58385 questions before I arrived in Thailand and every time they were always so willing to help which helped massively!!!

TFT also organise group chats before you start, so that you can make friends and even organise flights together, this definitely made the whole experience a lot less daunting for me before I came. I would definitely recommend it as a solo traveller as it is super social and easy to make friends - for example me and a lot of the friends I made during orientation live in different areas of Thailand, but we still see each other at the weekends as we can meet up in big cities

So far I have really enjoyed my time teaching in Thailand and I can’t thank TFT enough for making it happen !! I’ll never forget my time here and I’ve definitely made friends for life :)

Pros
  • So sociable ! Easy to make friends
  • You get to experience a completely new culture
  • The locals are so friendly and make you feel safe
Cons
  • Sometimes a struggle being vegetarian in Thailand - if you’re vegetarian learn how to say ‘without meat’ in thai !!
Aled

Amazing Experience

I moved to Thailand in October 2021 and I did 2 semesters. It was my first time teaching and Thailand is such a good place to start off, the work is laid back and it is really easy to get the hang of once you’ve been doing it for a few weeks.

I was placed in Isaan, it is a lot different to your “touristy” Thailand but a great opportunity to see the authentic side of Thailand you wouldn’t see as a tourist.

Going with TFT made the beginning of the process so much easier as you get lots of support to ensure everything is ready to go. Also, the support you get from Jaemi once being here is continued and he is only a message away if you’re having any problems and he takes a genuine interest on how you are getting on.

For travelling, you get lots of opportunities for travel during the semester breaks and there are so many national holidays to take advantage of so you can have a few long weekends away too. I was only out in Thailand for a year but I managed to see all of Thailand and visit Laos, Cambodia and Malaysia in that time.

I’m also heading to Hanoi in January 2023 with TFT clubhouse scheme which is another bonus of coming on a programme with The Fewer Things.

Pros
  • Authentic Thai Experience
  • Plenty of travel opportunities
  • Know other teachers before you head out
Cons
  • Some placements can be quite rural
Alistair

Great opportunity

Coming to Thailand has been a life changing experience. As a human creature we're designed for migration/movement and the sedentary lifestyle I was growing restless of needed a change. I've never felt happier. During the process many stresses can occur and if it wasn't for the fewer things team and Jaemi specifically I might've caved to the stress. Thankfully everything worked out and has been greater than I could've imagined. Great people, great food and beautiful weather and amazing students too.

Pros
  • Cultural exchange
  • Personal development
  • Cognitive expansion
Cons
  • Stressful
  • Accomodation plans can fall through
Daisy

The Fewer Things Review

The Fewer Things have been really helpful with the whole experience of moving to Thailand, especially for me and my 3 friends who have all been placed in the same area due to Jaemi and his team listening to our preferences and making sure we can be together. They are always there to help with any questions you have throughout the application and moving process, especially if you are finding the experience a bit overwhelming at the start!
Through TFT we have been able to travel around Thailand for a few weeks before settling in our town which has lots of restaurants, bars and gyms. The people are really friendly, and the atmosphere is extremely laid back if that's what you are after.
If you are thinking about teaching abroad then I definitely recommended TFT as a great way to work and earn money whilst exploring a new country and the culture:)

Pros
  • Takes your personal preferences into account during the application
  • Constant communication from Jaemi and the team
  • Chance to travel, work and meet new people
Cons
  • Extra work from Media Kids Academy during the process
  • Some placements are quite far from Bangkok to hard to travel at weekends (especially as no long holidays for 4 months!)
  • Basic accomodation
Victor

Teaching in Thailand

The fewer things have been a great help during my time in Thailand. I used their fast track option as I was already travelling in Thailand when i found the company, they provided me with all the info and advised upfront I would have to do a border run to get my work visa after placement (which they also helped with). The process was quite fast and they introduced me to 2 schools right after my initial applicant and I got to choose which one I wanted. I have been here for 8 months and plan to stay for one more semester before going to Vietnam in 2023. They seem to very well connected with schools and I am grateful I found them when I did.

Pros
  • Fast application process
  • Nice school and staff
Emma

Teaching at a high school in Bangkok

I am currently placed at a high school in Bangkok with my boyfriend and we have been in Thailand for a month now.

Both pre and post departure, Jamie, Will and Molly were really helpful with sending packing lists and checking in with us regularly both on the group chat and on direct message.

As mentioned in the 'cons' list below, I would say that if you want to travel while you're out here I would make sure to do this either before or after the semester starts!

Overall, the team is really friendly and reply in good time, the checking in messages are always greatly appreciated! I definitely recommend the fewer things and I recommend it for couples too!

Pros
  • Great support from TFT
  • My placement location
  • Having previous teachers added to the group chat for a Q&A
Cons
  • Limited travel opportunities during semester unless you go at weekends (No holidays during the 4 month contract)
  • Basic accommodation (This is fine as long as you're aware before going!)
Gabriel

A challenging yet incredibly worthwhile experience.

Deciding to move to Thailand was the scariest decision of my life. Having had no experience teaching or travelling, I didn't know what to expect. I was very worried that I was jumping in too deep and wouldn't be able to cope.
HOWEVER. Wow. I've been back in the UK for three days and I'm already itching to return! (Vietnam in a few months!!) It was without a doubt the best experience of my life. Every day presented something new and unexpected - be it a school festival or a flash flood - and gave my life a sense of excitement I didn't realise was lacking.
Yes, there are challenges. The language barrier is significant, but being willing to learn some Thai makes things much easier (it's not as hard as you'd think!). The lack of facilities at the school and lack of prior warning was also a challenge - we had no projector, the internet was very intermittent and it was sometimes difficult to access a printer. The general organisation of school events also made things difficult in terms of planning lessons, we were often told that there would be no classes at very short notice. Also, you are given basically no training before you are let loose on the students, it takes a good few weeks before find your feet. The first 4-5 weeks are particularly difficult; trying to get to grips with lesson plans, coming up with teaching topics, creating handouts etc., and it feels like you are constantly behind. It was extremely stressful.
But... things always work out :-) thankfully, no one really checked what you were doing at any point, so you can always stick a film on with English subs, or just chat to the students about their weekends or hobbies or football or music or whatever - it was very laidback and I think the students appreciated the genuine conversation.
The students were unforgettable. I didn't think I'd cry on the last day, but when Email (yes, 'Email') approached me at the end of the final lesson and said 'Teacher, have... a nice... day' I lost it. These are actual real people that you can't help but form real connections with, and are also a massive source of emotional support, motivation and encouragement. It would have been incredibly difficult without them and I do honestly miss them a lot. The culture in Thailand is very different than the UK, I didn't witness any bullying and the students were very happy and free to be themselves, it was personally very heartwarming. They were happy to chat to you in the corridor and were always very friendly, if at times a little cheeky lol. anyway...
I was located in Chaiyaphum, kinda in the middle of nowhere, about a 6 hour bus ride from Bangkok. I think 4 months is a good amount of time to spend there, there's enough nearby to keep you entertained - provided you get a bike (an absolute essential if you want to fully experience Thailand, and something that only requires a passport) - including lotus fields, hikes, waterfalls, a shopping mall, bars, clubs, restaurants. Getting overnight buses was fairly straightforward if you wanted to travel somewhere during a long weekend also.
Speaking of, there aren't really any half terms. But you get a few long weekends. I would recommend making the most of the time you have off, because the workload can be quite heavy and if you're wanting to travel during the semester, that's gonna be your only real opportunity.
There is a good community of teachers in Chaiyaphum, given that there are a few schools in the area, and most of the teachers live in the same building so it's pretty easy to build connections with people there. I met a bunch of really cool people from all over the world and we had a fairly solid lil squad for evening drinks and card games! There were two other teachers at my school and we shared an office. Thankfully, we got on very well and are still in touch now! However, I have heard of a few people who were unhappy with their locations or colleagues, and either moved to a different province or went home entirely. I suppose that's just the luck of the draw, but something to be aware of.
Money-wise, you get paid a decent salary given the cost of living in Thailand. I was getting about 32000 baht per month, which goes a long way. If you live fairly frugally, which I would recommend, then it's possible to save a decent amount for if you're wanting to travel afterwards. I personally spent about 2 months going around the whole country, experiencing the mountains and temples of Chiang Rai, the hippies in Pai, the beautiful islands of Ko Tao and Ko Samui, and the things that cannot be named in Bangkok. Stuff that I never thought I'd ever have the opportunity to do. Also, flights to other countries are short and cheap. I know people who have travelled to Indonesia and even Australia after teaching. Asia is a very beautiful part of the world and I reckon you may as well see as much as possible while there. Given how little travelling I'd done in the past, I'm surprised by how confident I now feel when booking transport and accomodation in a city I've never been to before. Often times, I'd be booking a hostel while on a bus/train to the location, which is fun!
I could write more, so much happened, every day was different and I feel like I've lived so much in a relatively short space of time. Coming home is bizarre, I'm over it already ahaha, get me back there asap!
Overall, highly recommend, it'll be amazing, just do it, you've got nothing to lose and so much to gain, also, like, what else are ya gonna do!? I'm so glad I took the plunge, and I've already got a flight booked for Vietnam next year! Looking forward to doing it all again :-) good luck!

PS just reading this back and didn't even mention how helpful TFT were!!! Answer: very helpful. Jaemi was always just a message away, was around to reassure my nerves beforehand via video call and provided expert guidance when it came to applying for visas and getting stuff legalised etc. Very helpful, owe a lot of this experience to his help! Thank you TFT!!

Pros
  • Lots of new experiences
  • Meeting new people and making new friends!
  • Laidback lifestyle
Cons
  • Would've liked more info about school facilities please
  • More warning about school events
  • Thai pizza is naaaasty