• Thailand
Classroom Audience
Early Childhood Middle School High School

Program Details

Qualifications
  • Bachelors Degree required!
  • NO teaching experience needed!
Job Type
Government
Classroom Audience
Early Childhood Middle School High School
Weekly Classroom Hours
Age Max

Pricing

Salary / Benefits
- Fully accredited 120 Hour Online TEFL Course - completed before you arrive in Thailand
- 24/7 support from your coordinator before and after arrival in Thailand
- Assistance with criminal record check, visa process and authentication of documents
- Teaching placement in a vetted public school
- 31,000 TBH+ per month and 3,000 TBH housing allowance per month
- The Fewer Things Survival Guide to Thailand
- Private group chat with all applicants
£600 GBP / $770 US Dollars
- 120 Hour Online TEFL Course - completed before you arrive in Thailand
- 24/7 support from your coordinator before and after arrival in Thailand
- Assistance with criminal record check, visa process and authentication of documents
- A guaranteed paid teaching placement in a vetted public school
- 1-2 week orientation
Nov 09, 2021
Aug 02, 2022
10 travelers are looking at this program

Welcome graduates!

Our Teach English in Thailand Programme is the perfect opportunity for graduates looking to experience a different way of life!

We provide extensive support and training to get you fully prepared for your move. We did not want to add a programme that is similar to others, so we have created an authentic experience for you to see the 'real' Thailand, you'll be away from the hustle and bustle of the big cities and truly escape the 9 to 5 life!

- Teaching placement in a vetted public school
- 31,000 TBH+ per month and 3,000 TBH housing allowance per month
- Private group chat with 40+ other applicants heading out at the same time as you!

Check out our reviews for more!

Program Highlights

• 120 Hour TEFL Course - pre departure
  • Paid placement in a Public School
  • Orientation and Induction in Thailand
  • Full pre-departure support
  • Group chat with all of the other applicants

Current Teaching Jobs

View the latest teaching job postings by The Fewer Things.

• 9-10 rating 88.46%
  • Benefits 8.5
  • Facilities 8.2
Charlie

Teaching in Bangkok!!

Jaemie and TFT made the whole process before moving to Thailand less daunting, giving you regular updates, reminders and help whenever needed. For me, I've been having an amazing experience and Jaemi has helped throughout. It's been nice knowing he's been only a message away whilst I've been in Thailand.

Thailand has many holidays and long weekends, making travelling around the country and even outside easy to do. The people are so friendly, the school has been really welcoming and teaching has been really fun. Being so close to Bangkok has also made travelling at the weekends very easy. We were able to visit Malaysia on a long weekend with no trouble.

Of course, moving can be stressful at times. Even when being placed in the Bangkok suburbs, this experience does show you the less touristy side of Thailand. Once you get past the culture shock and make friends you'll have an amazing time and won't regret moving here.

Overall, I've had a great time in Thailand so far and would recommend this to anyone who wants to get out and explore, seeing a different side to Thailand.

Pros
  • Getting to experience a different side to Thailand
  • Being so close to Bangkok making travelling easy
Cons
  • The extra work of MediaKids and having to report to them
  • Accommodation is extremely basic - no fridge, solid bed, expensive AC.
Paula

Great Program and Experience!

Going abroad on your own can be a daunting experience, but The Fewer Things helped me feel supported and prepared to take on this new experience from day one. From visa help to getting you into group chats with fellow teachers going abroad, the fewer things really guide you along before arriving and even once you are placed if needed. They were always quick to answer questions, as well as honest and encouraging. I was placed at an elementary school in the city of Chaiyaphum and I can genuinely say that I have had the best experience and love the community and friends I have made here. If you want to have a smooth transition and put your mind at ease about choosing the right program to go teach abroad with, I would definitely recommend The Fewer Things.

Pros
  • Assistance with visa and pre-departure documents
  • Group chat with fellow teachers going abroad
  • Accomodation and banking account assistance
Cons
  • Limited materials at school depending on placement
Trevor

Maha Sarakham Experience

I have loved being placed in Maha Sarakham. It's a really quiet city, while also having a nice variety of places to eat and a good night life. My chief complaint would be about having to go through MediaKids to get to this school. I would prefer to have been hired directly by the school for a number of reasons. Mainly, MediaKids requires us to do separate grades, lesson plans, and attendance for them to be turned in at illogical times within our schedule. Jaemi was great to work with, and has been excellent to me. Having to go through MediaKids instead of getting to work directly for the school has been an unnecessary amount of stress and extra work.

Pros
  • Night Life
  • Support from other teachers and school.
Cons
  • Work load from MediaKids
Response from The Fewer Things

Hey Trevor,

Thanks for such a great review and glad you're enjoying your time in Maha Sarakham; I just wanted to clear something up here for future readers - it would be physically impossible for you to work with your school directly because they would not have the infrastructure or resources to be able to accommodate a foreign teacher on their own, they rely on MediaKids to create the English curriculum and to make sure the teachers who are working at the school are providing high quality lessons to the students. This is also why TFT take care of the whole departure process on behalf of the school as they just would not have the resources to do such a thing.

The extra work you talk of is something the school director and education board of that particular region has requested and agreed with TFT & MediaKids to be implemented in day to teaching.

Looking forward to following your journey more Trevor!

Best wishes

Eleanor

The best experience

I found The Fewer Things website already with a TEFL completed so was supported through the process of enrolling in a Thai school. I was given all of the details about the visa process so it was super easy and not stressful. If there was a problem, The Fewer Things could be contacted for help which was great. I can honestly say I had the best experience and would love to use this company again in the future to travel to other countries. I would definitely reccomend this if you want to travel abroad.

Pros
  • Support through the visa process
  • Give you a placement already
  • Given a group chat so you know people when you get there
Cons
  • Remote area
Tom

Thailand 2022

The Fewer things were a massive help to finally get me out to Thailand and start teaching during the pandemic. Any questions I had were answered and the whole process was relatively easy compared to other companies I’ve used in the past. TFT also put you in touch with other teachers on the same course so you won’t be alone when you move out here.

Overall, if you are thinking of teaching abroad, I would massively recommend the fewer things whether you’re travelling alone or with a group of friends.

Liam

Fewer Things

The fewer things helped me finally leave the UK to pursue a career of teaching abroad. Not only were they very helpful, they were also very reliable and efficient throughout the whole process. Any questions you find need answering, you can absolutely rely on them being cleared up for you to put you at ease. Travelling away can be daunting to some people but I can assure you that choosing this company to aid your travels will be beneficial all round. If you’re thinking of doing it, do it, it’ll be worth it.

Molly

The Fewer Things: Thailand 2022

Having dealt with many TEFL providers, I can honestly say that TFT top them all! Jaemi provided an outstanding level of support throughout the process: from day one of our applications till the very end of our teaching contracts. Considering we were travelling during the pandemic in Thailand, we didn't once feel apprehensive or lacking in knowledge; TFT was just a phone call away whenever we needed them. Alongside this, the company put us in touch with a huge group of fellow teachers- many of whom have become friends for life even if they weren't placed together.
What's really unique about this company is their ethos surrounding teaching placements. TFT go above and beyond to make sure each preference is met, and placed all of us in some fantastic locations where we experienced Thailand's authentic beauty. Jaemi even managed to place 8 friends in the same town/province after we applied as a group- which we can't thank him enough for!

Justin

Teaching in Thailand!

I had planned to go to Thailand just as the pandemic hit and my plans got cancelled with the school I was signed up with, then I came across the instagram of The Fewer Things and they had been posting pictures of some teachers flying out, so I contacted them to see how it was possible and what process I would have to go through, I was a bit worried I'd have to go through such a long process again to be let down at the last minute. But, as soon as I had my first call with Jaemi, I was so excited and pleasantly surprised at the information and knowledge I had been given. I flew out late 2020 and stayed in quarantine for 14 nights, which was a pretty crazy experience! I am so thankful for the support I received from the team and it was really reassuring that I had constant support with everything.

I was placed in a public school in Central Thailand, and absolutely loved it, it was the perfect starting point for me as I only had 20 hours teaching per week, which meant I had plenty of time to take up Muay Thai at the local gym. After my initial contract I transitioned over to an international school in Bangkok, which TFT helped me with and gave me tips on what I should be looking for. Since arriving in Thailand I have been able to travel so much, which is the main reason I came here.

TFT still are in regular contract now to check up on me and just have a general catch up, which is really nice to know since I am not even part of the programme any more! I could not recommend the team at TFT more to new travellers!

Trust the process! It is quite daunting getting everything together and sometimes I would get worried I'd missed something, but TFT are always on hand to help and have everything in place.