Many reasons why you should choose the Buckland Group as the organization to help you teach in China.
1. ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED. Before you even sign a contract with the Buckland Group, all your questions will be answered in a timely manner. This is great when you are trying to compare other organizations at the same time.
2. PROCESSING IS EASY. Once you've decided to go with the Buckland Group organization, the paperwork process is easy to do because you will never be left doing it on your own. Again, any questions you may have during this process will be answered in a timely manner.
3. THEY HELP EASE YOUR WORRY. From the first day you arrive in China, there is a friendly, English speaking Buckland Group representative waiting patiently for you to arrive at the airport and take you to the Buckland Group Headquarters. That drive to the Buckland Group Headquarters is breathtaking.
4. ACCOMMODATIONS AND MEALS. The Buckland Group Headquarters houses teachers at their own (very affordable) hostel, and they have a dining hall that provides (very affordable) meals for you if you wish to eat there too. All you have to do is let them know when you will arrive and they will handle the rest. The total cost of your stay is at your own expense. Buckland Group will let you know before you arrive in China what your cost will be. During your stay, there is a Buckland Group representative who will assist you with your questions. They will also show you around the city, which will help you to be familiar with your surroundings.
5. TRAINING PROVIDED. You will need to go through a required training session which is very informative, especially if you never taught ESL in a foreign country before. During this training, you will receive much needed tips and ideas for teaching in China. For those that arrive in China without a TESOL certificate, not to worry, at the end of this training, Buckland Group will award you with a TESOL certificate.
6. ASSIGNMENT. After your training, it's time for you to be assigned to a school. Although, not all schools are the same, Buckland Group will try to assign you to a school that fits you well, a school that you will feel the most comfortable with. If you have a specific area of China you will want to teach, just let them know and they will do their best to accommodate your request.
7. NECESSARY PAPERWORK COMPLETED WITH EASE. As you wait for your assignment to begin, there are a few necessary paperwork that needs to be completed in China. (Work permits, resident permits, medical examination, etc.) Again, you do not do this on your own. A Buckland Group representative will do it for you.
8. OFF TO YOUR ASSIGNMENT. Once your assigned school is ready to take you in, you are on your way. The Buckland Group will provide you with transportation to your assignment. For me, I was assigned to a school in the Shaanxi province in WeiNan city. This required me to fly to my destination, all expenses paid by Buckland Group of course. From the Buckland Group Headquarters, I was taken by mini-bus to Guilin airport to fly to Xi'an. Again, once I arrived at my destination, there was a Buckland Group representative waiting patiently at the airport. From the airport I was taken to my hostel where I spent a couple of days before heading out to my assigned school. The school's FAO came to Xi'an to pick me up by car and drove me to my assigned school. Keep in mind that my situation will be different from other school assignments. Not every arrival destination will have a Buckland Group representative to meet you, but be assured, there will at least be your school's FAO to greet you upon your arrival. Buckland Group will make sure of that.
9. HELP EVEN AFTER YOU REACH YOUR ASSIGNMENT. When I first arrived at my school, my apartment is on school campus which makes it very convenient I think. (Some may not think so) Because my apartment building is a new building and just completed construction, my apartment was not quite ready for me to live in. I contacted Buckland Group and they help me remedy the situation and had the school house me at a nearby hotel until the apartment was completed for living.
10. GETTING TO KNOW YOUR SCHOOL. From here it's just getting to know your school. Keep in mind, you are not alone. If you need help to remedy a situation during your assignment, you can always call someone at the Buckland Group to help you.
From my experience with the Buckland Group, I can assure you that you are in "good hands". Buckland Group does "have your back", which allows you to move ahead with confidence and concentrate on what you came to China to do, TO TEACH ENGLISH.