Teaching Nomad - Teaching Opportunities in China

Group photo with students and instructor
Group photo with students and instructor
Group picture with students and teachers
Group picture with students and teachers

Teaching Nomad is your connection to great teaching opportunities in China! TN is an American owned and operated company with offices in Shanghai, China & Denver, Colorado. We are the definitive source for teaching abroad in China.

Since 2011, we've been vetting schools in China and helping people like you connect with only the best. We have schools hiring for every subject in 40+ cities. Whether you want to teach English in Shanghai or Biology in Xi'an, we can help!

We take a lot of pride in connecting dedicated teachers with great schools all over the country. Teaching Nomad has programs for teachers of all experience levels including professional educators, experienced ESL instructors, & beginner teachers. Our clients include international schools, language training schools, primary/middle/high schools, & kindergartens.

Register with us today to be connected with a dedicated placement consultant who can answer all of your questions and find the perfect match for you.

• Very competitive pay
  • Free housing or allowance
  • Benefits (health, flights, bonuses)
  • Personal placement consultant to walk you through the process
  • Opportunity to get your TEFL for free

Yes! A teaching degree is not required to teach abroad. In many cases experience and/or a TEFL certification is an adequate qualification. We place couples all the time!
In such a case we would recommend the individual to contact the authorities to report the assault. This would include local police as well as the consulate or Embassy of your country. Of course we would never work with a school or organization that allowed an assault to occur.
Yes. An individuals ethnicity will not affect their work visa application.
The simple answer is yes but it's important to consider where the child will go to school or who will take care of them while you're working. Many Monday - Friday schools will offer a tuition benefit.

• Benefits 9.5
  • Facilities 9.5
Benjamin

Teaching Nomad is a great help!

I have been living abroad for many years, and I have worked with many agencies that place teachers with schools. Teaching Nomad has consistently proven that they not only have the ability to provide ample options, but they also helped me connect with my new job at the school of my dreams! Madison Walker was the proactive Teaching Nomad agent that worked her butt off for me. In fact, she even had her wedding during the time I was job hunting, yet she still managed to talk to me and land me interviews the following Monday! She has been nothing short of amazing during this entire process, and like I said before, I have been through this process several times. If you are looking for the next step in your career, I would certainly recommend giving Teaching Nomad a chance!

If you are even thinking about teaching abroad, just do it!
Pull the trigger and get it done!
Kaileen

Great Communication and Support!

I used Teaching Nomad's recruiting service to find a position at an international school in China. I worked with Darrah, who really helped simplify and streamline the process. I was able to apply to several schools that interested me. I really appreciated all the updates and quick responses I received throughout the process. I never felt pressured into accepting a position. Teaching Nomad was also very helpful through the lengthy document authentication process. I used their services to get my degree and background check authenticated. Again, I felt as if my questions were always promptly and thoroughly answered. I ended up finding a position that was exactly what I was looking for. I'm looking forward to starting at that school this summer. Thank you, Darrah and Teaching Nomad!

Marco

Teaching Science in China

I was extremely impressed by the service that Teaching Nomad provides. I had the pleasure of working with Helen Armstrong as my placement consultant. From the first conversation, they were very professional and clear about how the entire process would progress. I contacted them at the beginning of June 2019, and within a week we had a Skype conversation to decide on which positions would be the best fit. Helen was very proactive about keeping in contact and consistently provided me with excellent advice throughout the application and interviewing process. When I began getting offers, Helen was also immensely helpful as I had no idea what was typical for contracts in this area. The most confusing aspect of the process for me was the preparation of the documents for the visa application, but Helen and Teaching Nomad assuaged my concerns and provided helpful articles and resources that really simplified the whole process. Thanks to Helen's help, I signed a contract with a school in China that fit all of my ideal conditions within a month of contacting them.

Overall, I would recommend Teaching Nomad to anyone looking for overseas teaching positions. They demystified the entire process and providing tons of free resources and support.

Amanda

Highly Recommend Using Teaching Nomad

This year, I was looking into teaching in China for a year, but I had no idea where to start. It can be a very confusing process, so I feel extremely lucky I came across Teaching Nomad and used their services. My placement consultant was Madison, who was literally the BEST person to work with! She answered all my questions but also listened to what I wanted out of the experience and did her best to match me with a school that had similar objectives. After I provided my materials for them, I immediately started getting interviews. I ultimately found a company that I really liked and that fit with the work hours I was looking for. Since it is difficult to know what schools in China are legitimate, it really helps having Teaching Nomad to filter it out and provide you with legitimate companies. If you are looking to teach in China, I highly recommend using Teaching Nomad!

Nicholas

Extremely Organized and Efficient

I found that Teaching Nomad was very well set up. My support team member (Madison) was always on top of tasks and was very organized in her approach to sending my applications to schools that fit my preferences and arranging interviews with those schools. She was always available for advice when I needed it and assisted me throughout the entire process. I can't thank her enough!

Additionally, Teaching Nomad made the entire process seamless. If I wanted to do certain things on my own, they would let me and give me advice as to how I could accomplish it. If I needed help, they usually had a service available to me that I could use. I found this useful for saving money while also expediting the process when time was running out (especially for visa paperwork).

Teaching Nomad provides an awesome program, check it out!

Embrace all of the ups and downs of this program to grow and find out more about yourself.
Esmeralda

Excellent service from Teaching Nomad

I am really blown away by the amazing service I received from the consultants Teaching Nomad. They are very professional and extremely helpful. I loved working with Sylvia Spanos and Lauren Klein. They made sure everything was clear and that you perfectly understood the application process every step of the way. I never felt as though I couldn't handle whatever I was requested to do. They even guided me through the interview process and what to expect. I felt totally at ease during the interview and could answer the questions truthfully and with confidence. I particularly loved the fact that Sylvia offered me continued support even after I received my contract. That is going beyond the mile and very few people do that. I'm looking forward to my new teaching job in China. Great job, girls!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Getting my documents done in due time to avoid having to rush and feeling panicked.
Bridgett

Teaching Nomad and Madison are Incredible!

I am blown away by the professional and timely services I have received from Teaching Nomad! Madison was my placement consultant, and she was very thorough in providing great leads. She listened to my preferences and referred me to some top notch schools. The interviews were coming through faster than I could accept them! She helped analyze the contracts and compared some of the countries I was pondering to help me determine the best fit. When I finally accepted a position, she sent her congrats and made it very clear that her services does not stop there. She is so willing to help me through the visa process and to answer any questions that may arise. I have never gained that much support with any other teach abroad service. I am so glad that I had Madison and Teaching Nomad on my side! I can't wait to start the next chapter of my teaching career in Jiaxing, China!

Vuyo

Position in Shanghai

Thank you to Lauren Klein and Teaching Nomad. I have recently been offered a position to teach English in Shanghai. Lauren was excellent in mediating on my behalf and found me a suitable position very quickly. I had an interview which was very pleasant and I was offered a position soon after that. All my questions and concerns were responded to swiftly and I am happy with the service I received. The most noteworthy part of the service was the support offered to me throughout the entire process. I am excited about being in a dynamic city like Shanghai as well as having an enriched experience of Chinese culture. Thank you Lauren for your warmth, professionalism and support. I will definitely be recommending more of my friends to you and Teaching Nomad.

James

Working in Shanghai

I have been teaching English as a second language for four years, and thanks to Teaching Nomad, I will begin teaching at an international school in August. I am traveling with my girlfriend, and we initially thought that it would be difficult to find two high paying positions in the same area. However, Sylvia at Teaching Nomad was a great help in finding two excellent teaching positions for myself and my girlfriend. We were presented with several great options and chose the one that best suited our situation. After gaining employment, Nomad continued to assist us with preparing our documents. Nomad is the third agency I have used to gain employment over the four years that I have been teaching and are easily the best. I have since recommended Teaching Nomad to friends who are considering a move to China.

Julio

Starting my new teaching job in August 2019!

In short, Darrah OFlaherty is simply amazing at her job. Her professionalism was very clear from the first time we chatted over the phone. She asked me several targeted questions to get to know me and to identify exactly the type of role I was looking for. Within minutes of ending our initial phone call, she emailed me a list of about ten schools that she thought fit the criteria that we talked about. She had me go over the job descriptions in detail and identify and give her feedback on the ones I liked and didn’t like. She then submitted my resume based on the feedback I provided. She really listened to me and I feel like she had my best interest at heart. Thanks to Darrah and the great staff at Teaching Nomad, I found the right teaching position that meets my needs and wants and I’ll be moving to Shanghai in August 2019!

I think the program is great! Wouldn’t change a thing. Darrah O’Flaherty is really great!
anthony

Teaching Nomad

Madison Van Doren was my recruiter and oh boy was she amazing! She responded quickly and was on top of contacting any school I had questions about! I could of not asked for a better recruiter! She was quick to answer any question I had and made things as simple as could be. This was a great experience and even went to one of their job fairs. It paid off and everyone there was extremely helpful. The job fair didn't cost me anything and neither did the amazing effort of Madison. I still am in shock that this program is so amazing and is absolutely free. I have a degree in education but from my understanding they even are willing to help you with getting a TEFL. Everyone was extremely professional and made the chore of looking for a job an easy experience. Overall, I am extremely happy I decided to go through Teaching Nomad!

I do not believe there is really anything to improve on!
Jacqueline

New Teacher looking found a job got a job after 1st interview

Madison Van Doren was my placement consultant and was AWESOME. She was able to answer ALL my questions I had and helped me a lot with looking for my job in Shanghai China. Madison was able to help me figure out what type of job I want and where in Shanghai I wanted to be located. On my first interview I was offered a job. I am so excited to start my new job in August 2019. The process of applying for job wasn't hard or long and Madison also helped me apply for job as well. I am so grateful to have found Teaching Nomad. I think I am going to love my new job and I owe it all to Teaching Nomad. Thank you Madison and thank you Teaching Nomad for all you help in this process of looking for a new job in a new country. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashlee

Teaching in Shanghai

When my husband and I were looking for teaching positions in China, our contact Madison at Teaching Nomad was so helpful! We were really nervous about the job search process because we needed to find jobs together and we were planning on doing a decent amount of traveling, so we needed a job with good benefits and good vacation time. Madison really listened to us when we expressed what we were looking for and helped us find jobs at the same school as each other with awesome benefits in the city of our choice. I definitely recommend Teaching Nomad to anyone looking to teach abroad. It made a complicated situation a little less complicated. We are really looking forward to our new positions and plan on using Teaching Nomad in the future as we search for jobs in other countries.

Jessica

Very happy with service

Teaching Nomad as well as my recruiter Lauren Klein, have been very helpful in assisting me to secure a job in China. I received regular updates about new jobs and I am very happy with the quality of school I aquired a teaching position in. I appreciate how Lauren was able to find a school in the city I was most interested in (Shanghai) and in the salary range I was looking for. Also she has been very supportive ever since. The company also provides helpful information about moving to China and aquiring the right documents etc. It's great to get that extended support. I'm delighted and can't wait to start my new job in August! I would definitely recommend the company to anyone who is looking to explore a new culture as well as expand their professional career.

Dr. Syed Adnan

Teaching Nomad is the best teachers' placement agency- Madison Van Doren is the best placement consultant

Madison is the best recruiter that I have ever met! She helped me get a job within 2 weeks of my first meeting with her. She provided me with resources that helped gain a greater insight into the area I wanted to go into. Which in turn made the interview easier as I knew a lot about the job I was applying for. When you work with Madison you also have her contact details which makes it easy for you to communicate with her and she only puts you forward for roles you are suitable for. I would recommend her and the agency to anyone who is looking to get into English teaching. In a nut shell, my experience of working with Madison was exceptional. From initial contact until she successfully placed me into an English teaching Role, she consistently supported me in my applications. She went above and beyond to ensure I was prepared for interviews and provided an approachable but professional service. Highly recommended.

Location:
Shanghai Pudong International Airport
( PVG )
Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport CAN
( CAN )

China is the most populous country in the world and after many tumultuous reforms is again one of the world's leading nations. China is the country that people choose to go to when they don't just want a vacation, they want to learn about a culture that is entirely different from their own. China is one of the four Ancient Civilizations and has an unrivaled cultural breadth.

About Teaching Nomad

Teaching Nomad is your connection to great teaching opportunities in China! American owned and operated company with offices in both Shanghai, China & Denver, Colorado. We are the definitive source for teach abroad in China. Since 2011 we've been...