Teaching Nomad - Teaching opportunities in China

Teaching Nomad - Teaching opportunities in China

In-person interviews being held in Shanghai & Bangkok

If you're considering teaching in UAE for 2018, this is a great opportunity meet with school leadership in person! TN will be hosting exclusive in-person interviews in Bangkok Thailand, January 4th - 8th & Shanghai, China January 12-14th.

Register with us today to confirm your spot!

Teaching Nomad is your connection to great teaching opportunities in China! American owned and operated company with offices in both Shanghai, China & Denver, Colorado. We are the definitive source for teach abroad in China.

Since 2011 we've been vetting schools in China and helping people like you connect with only the best. We have schools hiring for every subject, in 40+ cities. Whether you want to teach English in Shanghai or Biology in Xi'an, we can probably help!

We take a lot of pride in connecting dedicated teachers with great schools all over the country. Teaching Nomad has programs for teachers of all experience levels including Professional educators, Experienced ESL instructors and Beginner teachers. Our clients include International schools, Language training schools, Primary/ Middle/ High schools and kindergartens.

Register with us today to be connected with a dedicated placement consultant who can answer all your questions and find the perfect match for you.

• Very competitive pay
  • Free housing or allowance
  • Benefits (health, flights, bonuses)
  • Personal placement consultant to walk you through the process
  • Opportunity to get your TEFL for free
Asia » China
Recruiter
1 Year+
Salary / Benefits
CNY 10,000 – 35,000 RMB/month + Potential expat packages including: airfare, housing, insurance, meals and more!
Qualifications
Middle School
Pre-School
University Students
Age Max
TN's services will always be free for teachers
Teaching vacancies throughout the country (40+ cities)

Hey Melissa, Thanks for your message. South Africans teachers can apply to all of our programs. Please email your resume to [email protected] and we'll process your application.
Hey Samantha, Most of the teaching positions are for a minimum of one year, and most international school require a two-year commitment from the teacher. There is an occasional opening for a semester, but they're very uncommon and usually open only to people already residing in the country. If you email your resume to [email protected] we can send you updates on short-term positions.
Hey Jimena, This is a great question and I'm sure you're not the only one who would like to know the answer. Most of the schools we work with only hire native English speakers. In many countries this is because of visa regulations and there's not much individual employers can do to change this. However, if you have a valid teaching license or a degree in Education from a native English speaking...
Yes Jennifer, pre-school is in high demand! We work with some of the top pre-schools and kindergartens.

• Benefits
  • Facilities

danielle

Teaching Nomad Assistance

Since making my decision to teach abroad the recruiter that has been assigned to me worked diligently to answer my questions and also locate positions that would align with my skill sets. Ali which is my recruiter name did not have problem with me constantly calling or emailing her to help me with my nervousness and confusion that dealt with picking the right positions to apply for and also helping me prep for an interview. I am really excited that I decided to work through them for this process.

n/a

Brenainn

CIS Nanchang

I just want to say I am very happy with the school that I have joined. Teaching Nomad also need to be mentioned here and they helped to make the move out her as painless as possible. I would recommend them to anyone thinking of taking up work in China. Sophia has been very helpful and has checked in on a number of occasions to see how things are going. They also provided some useful tips on life in China and what to expect. Reliable people and nothing dodgy at all. Top service guys keep up there good work.

Israel

Inspiring Support!

I am extremely pleased with the level and type of support provided from start to finish from my Teaching Nomad recruiter Ali Jaramillo. She was exceptional and I immediately felt comfortable and motivated from the first interaction and interview. She set everything up for me after listening to my preferences, explained everything, provided resources, answered every question I had along the way, and continued to follow up in a friendly and encouraging manner throughout the entire recruiting process while I interviewed from overseas. I received an offer within a month from a company, and I am very grateful to start a new adventure. I am forever thankful I found the link to the Teaching Nomad site on the Peace Corps RPCV job portal, it honestly changed the course of my life. No strings attached, free support but service that is priceless. Some things that are too good are most definitely true. Thanks again!

Bilqees

Making distance not seem distant!

Teaching Nomad placement consultant, Moira, has been nothing but supportive and efficient! With her leave of absence, I thought that my placement might take slightly longer - sure, I was wrong! Not long after her return, Moira had sent out my profile to potential schools and I received interviews, all with good responses! This made me extremely happy! I didn't know which option would be best for me, and that's where Moira had helped me out, again. Teaching Nomad certainly provides you with the BEST consultants who you can rely on for a stress-free process! This is my first job oversees, in China, and I am ecstatic to have this opportunity in such short time. Thank you teaching Nomad - THANK YOU, Moira!!! :)

Ziem

Thank You!

Teaching Nomad has been amazing in helping me secure an amazing school in Shanghai. They were supported and answered my questions in a timely manner. I've been in Korea for close to 6 years and I can say that this has been one of the best recruiting agencies that I've used. Ollie was great and provided really useful information. One thing I do recommend is starting your paper work early! The process is different for each country but it does take some time!

man standing by lake
Cameron

Nomad is helping make my dreams come true

I just received my flight itinerary and orientation material today for my first contract in China. I got in contact with Oliver almost a year ago now. He was quick to set me up with interviews, but I got a surprise offer to live in Bermuda for a few months so we didnt get far into the process. When I explained I still wanted to come to China but push back about a 7 months he was quick to help. He got in contact with all the companies and helped me explain my situation so the offers would still be there. About 5 months later, without prompt, I got an email from him checking on me and asking if we were going to stick with the same timeline. I told him yes and within a day or two had probably almost 10 interviews set up. I picked my company and he has been sending me emails, checking on me, and supporting me through the entire process. Oliver and Teaching Nomad had made the transition effortless. Now as I sit on my train through Poland, looking over my flight and hotel schedules I can't help but be thankful to them for helping my dreams of work and travel coming to life.

I can't think of any to be quite honest

Megan

Thanks Teaching Nomad

Thanks to Teaching Nomad I was able to find a school that is perfect for me! I'm working on getting a visa now and they have been so helpful in helping get all my documents ready and answering questions I have. Moira McNally is great and helps me feel reassured when I feel lost. She went through everything at the beginning with me and has been able to explain things in a way that isn't intimidating or too scary.

Conor

Honestly, Teaching Nomad and their staff are great at what they do. They helped me find, apply and successfully take multiple interviews to get offered a job in China over the course of 2-3 weeks. Super quick, I could not believe it. They are with you all along the way as well, any questions you name it, even help with interview preparation. I was really stuck where I was before, not to mention stresses. Teaching Nomad really helped me out.

Asopa'epa'e

O for Awesome Nomad

I came across this website on Google and thought of giving it a go. After I signed up it didn't take long until I got an email for an interview with one of their recruiters Moira. She was very awesome through out the job hunt making sure it was a smooth ride. Within days I received job interviews from schools and I have recently accepted a teaching job offer from China. For anyone who is thinking of teaching overseas I highly recommend Nomad and hopefully you get Moira as an agent she was O for Awesome (Kiwi joke). And even if you got the job they will still continue to help with your visa process and offering important informations making sure your teaching journey overseas is an unforgettable experience. Any Kiwis and everyone out there who is keen to teach overseas email or contact Nomad and there awesome staff such as Moira. Thank you heaps Nomad and Moira for your efforts and hard work. 😊❤👍👌

Lee

Best Recruiting Service Ever.

After previous experiences, I tried Nomad. I noticed the plethora of consistently great reviews, and mine is no different. Within a week I had 7 job interviews set up after the initial interview with my recruiter, Moira. She was absolutely amazing in getting so many great prospects in so little time. Now I'm a week away from leaving for my job in Taiwan. This couldn't have gone any better. This company is professional, kind and makes you feel wanted. Once again, no wonder they're the highest reviewed. Thanks Nomad and thanks Moira.

Sadé

My Great Experience With Teaching Nomad

After leaving my previous agency due to lack of communication and uncertainty throughout the process .I have been positively surprised by the services Teaching Nomad and ,specifically, the wonderful Moira have given to me. My interview with Moira was great as she was able to gather up what kind of position would be right for me and soon after this interview, she had sent me suitable offers. After the interview Moira had sent me very frequent follow up emails and would always be willing to help often with whatever concerned me regardless of how big or little my questions were. Throughout the process with Teach Nomad I have felt nothing but greater confidence in my opportunity to teach in China because of how professional and well organised this recruitment agency has been

Jerin

Amazing!

Teaching Nomad is a greeeaaat resource and company to utilize when looking for teaching positions overseas. After my profile was complete, Ashley started emailing job offers for my preferred cities; once she submitted my information, I received emails within hours. She's efficient when answering my questions, sending jobs, following up after interviews, and she provided useful information immediately after I accepted my position. Through the whole process, Ashley has been helpful & patient :). Teaching Nomad is truly great at what they do.

Tess

Beyond Happy with Teaching Nomad

Using Teaching Nomad was the biggest help. The whole process of finding a teaching position was simplified. Moira helped me through every step of the way. She was 12 hours ahead but was always so prompt with responses. I was also able to contact her easily via Skype or email. Moira continuously offered excellent advice and was always following up making sure all my questions were answered. She was very knowledgeable about different locations in China and helped me find a good fit for myself. She was great at accommodating my needs! There was never a hassle or stressful moment using Teaching Nomad. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Oliver

Such a painless process

As soon as I got my documents to Ashley, I had job interviews. I had opportunities in multiple cities in China within the week. It all happened so fast. If you're wanting to teach overseas, they'll find you a home. And every time during the process I had a question, I could email Ashley and she'd get back to me within a few hours, or sooner, as long as you attempted communication during the Chinese working day. I feel confident about my new position, and I don't have any fears about living in Asia for the first time. I'm very happy I decided to go with TeachingNomad.

Raq

Teaching in Shanghai through Teaching Nomad

I have always wanted to go to China to teach, after finishing my Master's degree I knew this was the perfect time. I wanted a company I could go through that were reliable, communicative and thorough, as I had never done anything like this before and needed the support from people that had my best interest at heart. The original company I wanted to go through did not offer this support to me and I chose to part ways and find better options. Teaching Nomad are well established, have a lot of experience and really listen to your needs and wants. Moira McNally, the adviser from Teaching Nomad that walked me through the whole process was awesome! Every question that I had and still have, no matter how big, small or silly, communicated quickly and was always helpful and beneficial with her words. I am very grateful for everything! I have also recommended their services to a friend of mine already, before even finishing the process, as I was so impressed!

Thank you to them for everything.

The only things that I would improve about this whole process was more the benefits the actual school provided. Through talking with them, we were able to come to agreements on these things anyway. So that is all really!

The most important service that we provide is behind the scenes research of every school that we can find to identify those worth partnering with. There are 1000's of English schools in Asia, unfortunately not all of them are legitimate. We have contacted, spoke with