Teaching Nomad - Teaching Opportunities in China

Working one on one with students in China
Working one on one with students in China
Students Being Silly in Class
Students Being Silly in Class

Teaching Nomad is your connection to great teaching opportunities in China! TN is an American owned and operated company with offices in Shanghai, China & Denver, Colorado. We are the definitive source for teaching abroad in China.

Since 2011, we've been vetting schools in China and helping people like you connect with only the best. We have schools hiring for every subject in 40+ cities. Whether you want to teach English in Shanghai or Biology in Xi'an, we can help!

We take a lot of pride in connecting dedicated teachers with great schools all over the country. Teaching Nomad has programs for teachers of all experience levels including professional educators, experienced ESL instructors, & beginner teachers. Our clients include international schools, language training schools, primary/middle/high schools, & kindergartens.

Register with us today to be connected with a dedicated placement consultant who can answer all of your questions and find the perfect match for you.

• Very competitive pay
  • Free housing or allowance
  • Benefits (health, flights, bonuses)
  • Personal placement consultant to walk you through the process
  • Opportunity to get your TEFL for free

Yes! A teaching degree is not required to teach abroad. In many cases experience and/or a TEFL certification is an adequate qualification. We place couples all the time!

In such a case we would recommend the individual to contact the authorities to report the assault. This would include local police as well as the consulate or Embassy of your country. Of course we would never work with a school or organization that allowed an assault to occur.

Yes. An individuals ethnicity will not affect their work visa application.

The simple answer is yes but it's important to consider where the child will go to school or who will take care of them while you're working. Many Monday - Friday schools will offer a tuition benefit.

• Benefits 9.5
  • Facilities 9.5
Atique

AMAZED

From the moment I signed up, till I got an official offer I was taken care of. I was given so much guidance and support which I did not expect. My recruiting specialist understood my needs and didn't bombard me with applications but saw opportunities suited to my needs and within a short span of time I had interviews and offers lined up from which I Accepted one. Even after accepting the offer, my recruiter kept checking up on me and gave me pointers and tips on concerns I had to raise with the company I had accepted the offer from. I took her advice and it paid off majorly. Even as I sit now writing this review, I have a bunch of emails with documents and to read with what to expect from the journey that awaits me so I am truly prepared.I'm truly thankful and thrilled for the adventure that awaits.

Ernest

Helped by Ms. Lauren Klein

Ms. Lauren Klein was my recruiter and I found her through Teaching Nomad and I must say she did such an AMAZING JOB helping me with everything!! From immediately returning all of my emails, to answering all of my questions, Lauren helped me from getting my applications in, to going over the steps of getting my documents authenticated and notarized. She and the rest of the teaching nomad staff have been so helpful to me in finding the perfect job and location. Without Ms. Lauren Klein and without teaching nomad, I would have not been able to find the right location to teach at. She's helped me find a company called "APAX English" which is located in Vietnam, where I can teach English. Without the help of Ms. Lauren, I wouldn't have any issues on finding legitimate companies, so I owe her!

Jason

Working with a Recruiter

I worked with a great recruiter named Nicholas. He helped me by taking the time to look for jobs that were best suited to what I was looking for. He spent over 30 minutes asking me questions that would help him figure out schools that I would be interested in. He also spent time answering all the questions I had. Teaching Nomad has a great website to apply for jobs. They also have a very sleek profile builder that makes it easy to apply to many jobs. Although I did not utilize Teaching Nomad to find my job, I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a job in China. Nicholas sent me great emails immediately after meeting with him via Skype. I would definitely utilize them in the future if I was looking for another position as they were very professional and attentive to my needs.

There is nothing I can think of to improve the services Teaching Nomad provides.
Nicole

Teaching Nomad gets an A from this teacher!

I haven't actually traveled to China and taught English yet, but I'm super excited to see what opportunities this new adventure brings! Teaching Nomad was super helpful and there every step of way in answering all my questions and basically held my hand through this whole process. I'm glad they were there every step of way because moving from the US to China is not something to take lightly. I was in contact with a few other TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) recruitment agencies, but Teaching Nomad was the only one that worked with me for months and never left an email unanswered, like the recruitment agency, Edvectus, did. I would definitely recommend any Teaching Nomad program to people looking to do something as exciting as this!

Noah

Teaching Nomad-Off To China

I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience with Teaching Nomad. From the outset, Sean Murtagh helped me with TEFL course details and other critical details in the process of teaching in China. My job placement consultant, Lauren Klein, was very patient, kind, and helpful throughout the placement process of finding a job in China as well (from job offers to interviews). Right up until my very flight date, Lauren was there to give me advice on my trip (through Skype). Packing and planning for a teaching abroad experience can be stressful (to say the least), but the people at Teaching Nomad were there every step of the way to point me in the right direction. If you do choose to work with Teaching Nomad in your future work abroad experience, just know that whatever questions or concerns you bring to the table, Teaching Nomad will be able to answer any and all of those questions for you to make your teaching abroad experience worth it!

Nothing comes to mind in terms of improvements to the TN experience.
Aaron

A smooth transition

When my original company had decided to move the department from China to Switzerland this was a real concern. I couldn't get a visa to the new location, and what's worse, I wasn't going to have my current visa renewed. I suddenly found myself with a deadline to find a job before I would be forced to pack and leave a country i'd been in for nearly six years.

I had looked for job opportunites myself, but I had trouble finding jobs that matched my skill set and experience. A colleague had suggested Teaching Nomad and so I submitted my information. I was quickly contacted by Madison Walker who was an emloyee at Teaching Nomad. Madison had a friendly disposition and listened as I explained the situation to her. She assured me her services were free, and took thorough notes on what I wanted and within a few hours produced a list of jobs which were exactly what I was looking for.

Within weeks of working with Madison, I had interviewed with my new company and was offered a managerial role.
Madison's help didn't stop there. She was quick to offer her assistance, make herself available for questions, and inquire on my experience within the new company.

I'm very happy to write that through my interaction with Teaching Nomand, I was able to find a quality job in a relatively short time. Through my interaction with Madison, I believe the organization is professional, and genuienly interested in helping the people that contact them.
This was a service that could have easily asked a fee, but cost me nothing.

All in all,
great staff and great program!

Evan

Back in China Again

After a three year experience in Latin America thanks to the folks at Teaching Nomad I was able to secure a wonderful leadership opportunity in Beijing. My consultant Lauren Klein was super professional and her easy going, low pressure approach really helped me make an excellent career decision. I love working at Beanstalk International Bilingual School and the atmosphere is exactly as Lauren described it would be. That means there have been no surprises or unexpected obstacles.She answered my emails quickly and was willing to Skype with me anytime I had questions or concerns about a school or the process. This makes me feel confident in recommending Teaching Nomad to any educator looking for their next school. They might not be the biggest or most famous placement agency, but they certainly helped me reach my goals. Thank you Teaching Nomad!

The professionals at Teaching Nomad did an excellent job, my only suggestion would be to have more recruitment events outside of Shanghai. For instance it would be great if they could come to Beijing.
Philip

Placed at an International school in China

From day one we were supported by Lauren Klein at Teaching Nomad. She was the most proactive and genuine of all the recruiters we dealt with and we always felt she had put some thought into the positions she would offer us whereas we got the impression other recruiters were simply trying to get us a position to earn a commission. The profile and information provided of the school was accurate and we have been delighted with the way everything has gone in our first week with everything turning out as promised. I would highly recommend using Lauren as a recruiter to other teachers, she is prompt in her replies when you need her and she genuinely listens to what you require in order to find the best match for your qualifications and ambitions as a teacher.

I can't think of any improvements, we have been treated well.
Brigid

Sylvia Spanos - What A Saint

I had the pleasure of working with Sylvia Spanos as my Placement Associate. Not only was she quick with her email responses, but she also made sure I had all of the necessary information before making a decision. After the initial interview (where your consultant learns more about your preferences), Sylvia would send me job postings that she believed I was best suited for. Teaching Nomad only works with qualified ESL schools, so you know you can trust their judgement and their placements. Once Sylvia learned which schools I was interested in applying to, she would always follow up, and made sure that I didn't have any more questions. Working with Sylvia was fantastic and I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is thinking about taking the plunge!

Nothing - would work with Teaching Nomad again in a second
Benjamin

Teaching Nomad is a great help!

I have been living abroad for many years, and I have worked with many agencies that place teachers with schools. Teaching Nomad has consistently proven that they not only have the ability to provide ample options, but they also helped me connect with my new job at the school of my dreams! Madison Walker was the proactive Teaching Nomad agent that worked her butt off for me. In fact, she even had her wedding during the time I was job hunting, yet she still managed to talk to me and land me interviews the following Monday! She has been nothing short of amazing during this entire process, and like I said before, I have been through this process several times. If you are looking for the next step in your career, I would certainly recommend giving Teaching Nomad a chance!

If you are even thinking about teaching abroad, just do it!
Pull the trigger and get it done!
Kaileen

Great Communication and Support!

I used Teaching Nomad's recruiting service to find a position at an international school in China. I worked with Darrah, who really helped simplify and streamline the process. I was able to apply to several schools that interested me. I really appreciated all the updates and quick responses I received throughout the process. I never felt pressured into accepting a position. Teaching Nomad was also very helpful through the lengthy document authentication process. I used their services to get my degree and background check authenticated. Again, I felt as if my questions were always promptly and thoroughly answered. I ended up finding a position that was exactly what I was looking for. I'm looking forward to starting at that school this summer. Thank you, Darrah and Teaching Nomad!

Marco

Teaching Science in China

I was extremely impressed by the service that Teaching Nomad provides. I had the pleasure of working with Helen Armstrong as my placement consultant. From the first conversation, they were very professional and clear about how the entire process would progress. I contacted them at the beginning of June 2019, and within a week we had a Skype conversation to decide on which positions would be the best fit. Helen was very proactive about keeping in contact and consistently provided me with excellent advice throughout the application and interviewing process. When I began getting offers, Helen was also immensely helpful as I had no idea what was typical for contracts in this area. The most confusing aspect of the process for me was the preparation of the documents for the visa application, but Helen and Teaching Nomad assuaged my concerns and provided helpful articles and resources that really simplified the whole process. Thanks to Helen's help, I signed a contract with a school in China that fit all of my ideal conditions within a month of contacting them.

Overall, I would recommend Teaching Nomad to anyone looking for overseas teaching positions. They demystified the entire process and providing tons of free resources and support.

Amanda

Highly Recommend Using Teaching Nomad

This year, I was looking into teaching in China for a year, but I had no idea where to start. It can be a very confusing process, so I feel extremely lucky I came across Teaching Nomad and used their services. My placement consultant was Madison, who was literally the BEST person to work with! She answered all my questions but also listened to what I wanted out of the experience and did her best to match me with a school that had similar objectives. After I provided my materials for them, I immediately started getting interviews. I ultimately found a company that I really liked and that fit with the work hours I was looking for. Since it is difficult to know what schools in China are legitimate, it really helps having Teaching Nomad to filter it out and provide you with legitimate companies. If you are looking to teach in China, I highly recommend using Teaching Nomad!

Nicholas

Extremely Organized and Efficient

I found that Teaching Nomad was very well set up. My support team member (Madison) was always on top of tasks and was very organized in her approach to sending my applications to schools that fit my preferences and arranging interviews with those schools. She was always available for advice when I needed it and assisted me throughout the entire process. I can't thank her enough!

Additionally, Teaching Nomad made the entire process seamless. If I wanted to do certain things on my own, they would let me and give me advice as to how I could accomplish it. If I needed help, they usually had a service available to me that I could use. I found this useful for saving money while also expediting the process when time was running out (especially for visa paperwork).

Teaching Nomad provides an awesome program, check it out!

Embrace all of the ups and downs of this program to grow and find out more about yourself.
Esmeralda

Excellent service from Teaching Nomad

I am really blown away by the amazing service I received from the consultants Teaching Nomad. They are very professional and extremely helpful. I loved working with Sylvia Spanos and Lauren Klein. They made sure everything was clear and that you perfectly understood the application process every step of the way. I never felt as though I couldn't handle whatever I was requested to do. They even guided me through the interview process and what to expect. I felt totally at ease during the interview and could answer the questions truthfully and with confidence. I particularly loved the fact that Sylvia offered me continued support even after I received my contract. That is going beyond the mile and very few people do that. I'm looking forward to my new teaching job in China. Great job, girls!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Getting my documents done in due time to avoid having to rush and feeling panicked.