Teaching Nomad - Teaching opportunities in China

Teaching Nomad is your connection to great teaching opportunities in China! American owned and operated company with offices in both Shanghai, China & Denver, Colorado. We are the definitive source for teach abroad in China.

Since 2011 we've been vetting schools in China and helping people like you connect with only the best. We have schools hiring for every subject, in 40+ cities. Whether you want to teach English in Shanghai or Biology in Xi'an, we can probably help!

We take a lot of pride in connecting dedicated teachers with great schools all over the country. Teaching Nomad has programs for teachers of all experience levels including Professional educators, Experienced ESL instructors and Beginner teachers. Our clients include International schools, Language training schools, Primary/ Middle/ High schools and kindergartens.

Register with us today to be connected with a dedicated placement consultant who can answer all your questions and find the perfect match for you.

• Very competitive pay
  • Free housing or allowance
  • Benefits (health, flights, bonuses)
  • Personal placement consultant to walk you through the process
  • Opportunity to get your TEFL for free

Generally speaking, English language teachers in China need to be from native English speaking countries, while teachers of a different subject like Math or Science can be from non-native countries. That said, there are always exceptions but if you want to teach English, I would suggest to apply to schools directly.
Hi, thanks for stopping by! Unfortunately we are unable to find the answer to your question. We recommend contacting the program provider directly to learn more about eligibility requirements. This link will take you right to their contact info: http://www.teachingnomad.com/ .
Generally the age cut-off is 58/59 years old for the main countries we recruit for, being China and UAE. You may want to research other, potentially less developed countries as these requirements may be more relaxed.
Unfortunately we cannot currently accept applications from Filipino teachers.

• Benefits 9.5
  • Facilities 9.5
Chris

Great Service

My consultant - June - was a constant and consistently helpful individual who walked me through the process from start to finish. I now have a good job at a great school with an impressive benefits package. I really recommend teaching nomad and I'm glad I used their service. I would also mention that if you complete their TEFL training they will reimburse you for the cost two months after you secure your first position and they vet the schools you will apply to.

It was comprehensive from beginning to end. No suggestions or improvements.
Kathleen

Can't Wait to get to work!

I have been working with Teaching Nomad for less than a month, the placement consultant, Mike was very helpful from the first interview until I was given my contract. I did not feel like I was going about this alone. No matter what question I had he was always willing to answer the questions. He understands that this a big move and was forthcoming with information that I needed to hear. Because of this, I was able to make the right decisions for myself and my family. I am very grateful that I went through Teaching Nomad for my new job and new adventures!

Paige

Teacher

I've been extremely impressed with Teaching Nomad. I worked with Ali Jaramillo. She found positions which met and exceeded my specifications. The schools she recommended to me in China were well vetted and stable. Going overseas you worry about what sort of situation you could potentially be walking into. With Ali, I felt a great deal of trust. She listened to what I was looking for in a position and delivered multiple options in multiple cities. In addition to working with Ali, I talked with Brett Isis about enrolling in the Teacher Now program. Brett is one of the most knowledgeable people I've talked with on the future of overseas teaching and the Byzantine visa process which is China. If you have a chance, I can not recommend enough working with these two individuals.

Kathryn

Wonderful, Helpful Consultants

When the job I had originally been offered fell through with just a couple of weeks to go before the start of the semester, Teaching Nomad was extremely helpful finding a replacement. Within just a couple of days, I had several more offers, and eventually found something that was even better.

My consultant, Sophia, was so helpful and professional. She really took my experience and preferences into account and found potential jobs that were all great matches. I will definitely work with Teaching Nomad again in the future if need be.

ROBIN

Awesome Site

"Teaching Nomad" is an awesome site if you wish to get a teaching job overseas. Within two
weeks of contacting them, I was presented with several job opportunities to which I could apply to. Within three weeks, I was interviewed and hired for a job in the specific city that I had requested. My consultant, Mike Ostrowski, was very friendly, professional, and helpful. He guided me through the entire process and has continued to provide me with useful information to make my move and transition easier. I highly recommend this site.

No improvement needed
Janaline

Very Professional

Teaching Nomads was super helpful. They got me positions that matched all my criteria and helped me through the process very professionally. I have previously done this on my own, which is very time cunsuming and can get quite frustrating. But after once using Teaching Nomads, I will definitely be using their expertise and help again! You tell them what you want and they do all the leg work in searching for positions that match. You also know that there is someone out there willing to answer all your questions and that they know what they are talking about.
Very friendly, helpful and professional!

Casey

Fantastic group of helpful people

I wouldn't be teaching abroad if it weren't for the dedicated staff at Teaching Nomad.

They continually sent me job opportunities, set up interviews and follow-ups, gave great advice throughout the process, and helped me verify the legitimacy of the places I wanted to teach.

I had the privilege of working with Sophia Isis, a wonderful mentor that offered patient and persistent guidance. As a result of her help (along with the other folks at Teaching Nomad), I landed a job in Shanghai at well above market rate. Thoroughly looking forward to my year in China.

No problems with this service

The only thing I can think of was a little difficulty with uploading documents to the website, but this was quickly addressed by dutiful staff
Fiona

Fantastic Support and Security

From the offset, my experience with teaching Nomad was great, I would highly recommend my placement consultant Yiqin Zhu. She really made the whole process very easy and tailored everything to my needs. I can't thank her enough for the amount of hard work she put in to finding me a suitable position. Even after I got my teaching position, the support doesn't stop. Teaching Nomad have some of the largest range of teaching positions and highest paid positions. Trying to secure a safe and suitable teaching position in Asia can be an overwhelming experience at times but having a company like teaching Nomad on your side really takes the pressure off and they are always there to answer any questions, worries and give advice.

Kris

Teaching Nomad's real assets - the Placement Consultants

I stumbled upon Teaching Nomad's website simply by chance while searching for an ESL position in China and was enticed through the name alone and more so after reading the mission statement. From the moment of registering I was quickly contacted by my personal Placement Consultant, Lauren Klein, who remained in my corner every step of the way. What can I say to you Lauren, you did a great job of searching for positions suited to my specific requirements and background and your dedication and massive effort and excellent and continuous communication will not be forgotten. My trust and confidence in Teaching Nomad was exemplified through its professional website, vast job advertisements and professional business operations but to be totally honest, my overall positive experience and opinion of Teaching Nomad was all down to the hard work of my consultant, Lauren Klein.

N/A
Kaila

Great and Reliable

Teaching Nomad has been great every step of the way from the introduction, helping me prepare my documents and advising me on different job applications that would be a good fit. They have always been available to help, prompt with response and very friendly and helpful. I have been hired to teach English through a job they recommended and I look forward to starting in a few months. They have also made it clear that they are there for support throughout my job. I looked at several companies and they are by far the most professional.

Pele

Job hunting in China can be quite overwhelming. Perhaps surprisingly, this remains true whether you are searching for your first job in China or your fifth. Thanks to Teaching Nomad and Mike Ostrowski I was placed at a really amazing school that was a terrific match for me. My preference in schools was very specific, they found exactly what I was hoping for. Mike was extremely helpful and guided me throughout the entire interview process. It was definitely a pleasure to work with him, and I would recommend Teaching Nomad any day!

No improvements needed
Elias

Great Services

My consultant Ali Jaramillo always assistant Ed in finding the best possible positions that are available to work in China. At a time that I reconsidered moving abroad they still took the initiative to assist me in finding a school that fit my specific requirements. Ali goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that teachers get the best positions that fits their personal critter is in fulfilling the best possible experience that can be made from teaching abroad. Teacheingnomad also provides the ease of authenticating all the documents which can be a huge hustle if the paperwork is not filled correctly.

Elana

Thank you Teaching Nomad!

We have dealt with Teaching Nomad for four years, and each time they exceed our wildest expectations. Sophia, Brett, and the team have been fantastic throughout, and we can't thank them enough for their hard work and dedication. Teaching Nomad cares about their teachers, and Sophia continued to check in and help us throughout the process. Her advice, support, and guidance are much appreciated. Teaching Nomad is the only recruiter that we trust with our teaching careers.

Teaching Nomad is simply the best :-)!

N/A
Patrick

Amazingly Patient and Supportive Job Finding Agency

I found a job through teachingnomad within three months. They are amazingly supportive and patient with the documentation requirements for finding a job. They also offer many courses for teaching certification and in some cases send the documentation for verification for you! I was also updated frequently by their staff. If you want to teach abroad I really recommend teachingnomad, they make finding a job convenient and easy.

I see no problems.
David

World's Best Recruiter

Teaching Nomad assisted me in every step of the way to find a suitible fit teaching English abroad. I requested that we find a teaching program that would pay for my TEFL entirely. My recruiter Jayne D went above and beyond assistiting me with this. She even proofread a few emails for me that I was nervous about sending to the school that she had set me up with.

Thanks to Teaching Nomad and the awesome support I am now living the dream.

Thanks!!! 10/10