By Teaching Nomad   Reviews (101)   98% Rating

Teaching Nomad - Opportunities in China

By Teaching Nomad   Reviews (101)   98% Rating

Teaching Nomad is your connection to teaching in Asia & the Middle East. We are a western owned and operated teacher placement agency operating out of Shanghai, China. We take a lot of pride in connecting dedicated teachers with great school all over the country. Teaching Nomad has programs for teachers of all experience levels including Professional educators, Experienced ESL instructors and Beginner teachers!

Contact us today to be connected with a dedicated placement consultant who can answer all your questions and find the perfect match for you. Our clients include International schools, Language training schools, Primary/ Middle/ High schools and kindergartens.

Each client has been thoroughly researched to ensure a great working and living experience for you. We look forward to welcoming you to China!

Asia › China
1 Year+
Salary / Benefits
CNY 8,000 – 25,000/month + Potential expat packages including: airfare, housing, insurance, meals and more!
throughout the country.

England
University of Kent

Jacklynn + Teaching Nomad= Excellence and professionalism

Overall 10

I stumbled upon the Teaching Norman website and submitted my CV. Jacklynn responded to me promptly and planned to have a meeting with me. She was very professional and cared about every detail about me as a person and my passion as a teacher. She gave me quality advice and supported me ALL the way with my million and one questions. Teaching Nomad has shown true dedication to placing teachers in very good schools and I would recommend them to teachers anywhere, anytime and any day.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP JACKLYNN!!!!!!

Nothing to recommend for now.

Mr. Lambert, MFA
Mr. Ligel
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology

Simply the Best!

Dear readers,

I first contacted the Teaching Nomad in the spring of 2015. Then, I was teaching in Japan and was looking for other opportunities to teach outside of Japan. After filling out the online profile, I was soon contacted by Mr. Oliver Gorman who is now the senior consultant at the Teaching Nomad. After sending in other necessary qualifications and documents, Mr. Gorman and I had a Skype interview to discuss the particulars of landing me a job. In June of 2015, the Teaching Nomad helped me find placement in my teaching field and I was off to Shanghai, China by August. The team at Teaching Nomad is very professional and they do their very best to find a job that is appropriate for you.

Moving forward to now, close to the end of my 2 year contractual obligation with my current employer and after contacted the Teaching Nomad regarding a move, the company was able to help me find an even better teaching opportunity with better benefit, professional development, more professional environment and better earning opportunities. If you are looking for a team of professional recruiters to help you land an appropriate teaching position, I would recommend you contact the staff at the Teaching Nomad.

Cheers all,

Mr. Lambert, MFA

J
2 weeks old
Beijing, China

Haidian, Beijing

Overall 9

Teaching Nomad rescued me from an awful gig in southern China and found me a plum job on the west side of Beijing within a fortnight of me contacting them. Ollie, my peripatetic personal pedagogical pal, studied my resume carefully and found me a perfect fit. My new school is a stratospheric improvement on my previous posting and I couldn't be happier. Better facilities; better housing; better pay and a better teaching environment.

For me, it couldn't

Kaitlyn
Davis, CA.
University of California- Davis

Teaching Nomad and Ila Afshar

Overall 10

More than six months ago I began working with Ila Afshar from Teaching Nomad, and I am excited to say that she successfully helped me find the perfect job! Ila walked me through every step, was always punctual in her emails and was open to any questions I might have had. Once I completed my online TEFL degree with Teaching Nomad, Ila sent my application and resume to several schools that we thought were appropriate and within a week I had two interviews! I chose to take a position with the first school I interviewed with and I could not be more pleased with my decision. Ila also helped my mother find a job just a few months earlier and the both of us have nothing but incredible things to say about Teaching Nomad and Ila. We were very fortunate to have found Ila, she made finding a job much less stressful!

Kris
Salinas

Blessed to have found Teaching Nomad

Overall 10

I have to say that I looked around for a recruitment agency. I looked...everywhere. I researched recruiters, I signed up for newsletters, I read reviews, I tried subscriptions, I skyped...I really did my research. All of which means that when I say Ila and Teaching Nomad are the best, I REALLY mean they are the best!
I came to Ila with apprehension and some trepidation: Not only did I want a teaching position but I also have a daughter who wanted to come with us and teach abroad AND not one, but two, dogs! Ila didn't hesitate. She was open, professional, caring, considerate and honest. She jumped right in, helping me fill out the forms, uploading documents, giving pre-interview advice, soothing any worries I had. Within a month I was placed with a great school and we just found out today that my daughter was also hired by a Teaching Nomad school! Everything that Teaching Nomad says that it can provide was backed up by the outstanding job done by Ila.
If you are a prospective teacher, not only is this service free, but Teaching Nomad truly has your best interests at heart and will help you every step of the way.
I highly recommend Teaching Nomad and commend Ila Afshar on a job very well done!

Fiona
London, United Kingdom

Overall 10

From the beginning of my application process, Moira has been professional, consistent and kind. I really appreciate how she identified all of my skills and selected a variety of career opportunities that would suit me. Moira presented an amazing career opportunity that i was succesful at securing and that I'm eager to start in a couple of weeks. Throughout the planning and preparation for my departure to Shanghai which hashould been chaotic, I've been able to contact Moira to ask a ton of questions and she's responded to every single query immediately. I land in my new location very soon and Moira has extended her kindness by letting me know that she's available if I run into any challenges.

Moira has made this entire process easy to understand, given me the confidence to deal with the immigration process as well as being a person who is easy to communicate with and approachable.

I want to say a huge thank you to Moira, without you I would not be starting a new journey, career, opportunity and chapter of my life. Thank you.

Shanique
Tallahassee, FL

Teaching Nomad Experience

Overall 10

I'm so grateful to have found Teaching Nomad while on my journey to teaching English overseas. Ashely, my placement coordinator was on top of everything from our initial point of contact. Teaching Nomad provided helpful information and always responded back in a timely fashion. They really care about whether or not you are placed in a school that you are comfortable with. I genuinely appreciate all of their assistance and how they made the process (that could seem daunting) easy to understand.

George
Whitehouse, Texas
Southern Methodist University

Great support and wonderful professionalism.

Overall 10

As this is my first time teaching in China and Asia as a whole, I went into this application process completely unaware of what to expect. I applied to many recruiters and ultimately felt like I was just a number in their roster of many other applicants and was left unattended for days, if not weeks. For any job hunting applicant, even hours can feel like days, and from constantly checking e-mails to revamping my CV, Teaching Nomads was absolutely wonderful in making me feel like I had the best support in my endeavor.

I particular have to give praise to Oliver, as he was my main point of contact during my job search in China. Even from the first Skype interview, to ultimately landing my first Asia teaching job, he was a wonderful connection and promptly followed up to my numerous e-mails in less than a day, and many times in a matter of hours. Ultimately, Oliver knew how much I was ready to secure a position swiftly and efficiently, and he made that process even more feasible.

Before my experience with Teaching Nomads, I had a less than favorable view of recruiting agencies but TM has a way of making you feel more like an individual than just another applicant, due to their personalized attention to detail, prompt support, and many resources to aid you in your queries.

I arrive to my job in Shanghai in February, and as I am already completing documents for my Z visa, I cannot believe that a matter of 3 weeks ago, I just had my first interview with Oliver.

When you are aptly prepared and you choose to best recruiter out there, it is truly amazing of what you can manifest with the right moments of opportunity.

I highly recommend Teaching Nomads, 100 percent.

I wish all future applicants the best of luck with jobs in the future; and if you are fortunate enough to get Oliver, please rest assured you will be in good hands!

Noelle
Seattle

Great!

Overall 9

I really enjoyed working with Teaching Nomad. They explained everything that was going on in each step of the interview process clearly. They had a number of places for me to interview at but it only took one interview to get hired. I worked with Sophia and she was super great and encouraging. Even after I got to Shanghai she checked on me periodically to make sure everything was going well with the new position.

Kelly
Indiana

Great recruiting agency!

Overall 8

Teaching Nomad is a great recruiting agency for teaching positions. They are trustworthy, helpful, and professional. In addition, their services are free. Ila Afshar walked with me through the whole process which was so helpful and made it a lot less stressful. She was very responsive to messages and did everything she could to answer questions or provide needed information. I am very grateful for her assistance and would highly recommend her.

Matthew
AUSTIN

Very Helpful

Overall 10

I posted my resume on Dave's ESL and was flooded with calls and emails from aggressive recruiters. Most of them seemed very sketchy and untrustworthy, and I was about to start contacting employers directly when I got an email from Sophia at Teaching Nomad. Sophia was very professional, not aggressive, and sent me a prospective offer that had all the requirements I was looking for. After looking at reviews of Teaching Nomad online, I decided that this was exactly the type of company I was looking for to help me in my job search process.

During our interview, Sophia answered all my questions thoroughly and was very detailed in explaining what I should expect from the interviewing and hiring process. After that, she sent me four job openings that fit my criteria, and set up my first interview the next day. I was offered the position and accepted the offer.

Overall, Sophia was extremely helpful every step of the way, and really made me feel that she cared about helping me find a job that was right for me. Knowing that the company I was interviewing with had been vetted by Teaching Nomad made me feel much more comfortable when accepting their offer. I am very grateful to Sophia and Teaching Nomad for helping me find a great job in China. I will definitely use their service again in the future and I will recommend them to anyone in the same situation.

Carla-mari
Marble Hall

Oliver: the best in the.....East!

Overall 10

When I first decided I wanted to go overseas and teach, I was scared about all the changes and differences. I contacted almost 20 agencies in a year's time and Oliver from Teaching Nomad almost immediately contacted me.

Oliver explained everything to me and was very patient in answering my every question and concern. I especially like that he used his own experience as examples.

He helped me combine a profile for schools and within a week he had a position available. I applied for the position and got the job! I will be going to China in February!

Oliver promised me he will still be there every step and I am thankful for that.

Thank you so much, Oliver! Yours is the best service I received from any recruiter!

Mena
University of Hertfordshire

Highly recommend

Overall 10

I initially started my search for my job abroad in Dubai, which was when Priya Parmar from Teaching Nomad began helping me. She was really great: friendly, professional and she put me at ease straight away- despite me really not enjoying talking on Skype! She gave me loads of great advice and found me lots of jobs to apply for. However, after a lot of thought I decided I would be better suited to living in China. This sudden change was not a problem at all for Priya and, as they are based in Shanghai, she was able to give me loads more useful advise. She was so patient and helpful even though I was not always sure what I wanted. (She has also be enormously helpful to my friend and trying to get us a job together!) Over the next few weeks, I was sent lots of jobs to apply for and had all my questions and concerns answered. Eventually, I was offered a job and couldn't be happier. I've worked here for about three weeks now and it has all gone so smoothly.
I couldn't recommend Teaching Nomad enough- they really go out of their way to help you with the transition to a new country and finding the job that's right for you. Thanks again to Priya for putting up with all my questions and indecision...Shanghai has been amazing!

Misha
NY

Best agency I've worked with!

Overall 10

I've worked with several agencies trying to find a teaching job abroad, and hadn't had much luck until TN. Ashley, my consultant, was great from start to finish. The response time from when I signed up to their website to when I was contacted was very short, and as soon as our interview was over, Ashley was sending me links to the exact types of jobs I wanted. Within a few days I had an interview scheduled at a university, which is exactly where I wanted to work. I had been applying to lots of universities before, and was having a lot of trouble finding a position, but within a week of working with Ashley, I had my dream job. The support has been fantastic, and now that I've arrived in China, I couldn't be happier. This job is exactly what I was looking for and I am very grateful to Ashley and the TN team for making the stressful job hunt so simple and quick. This agency is definitely one to contact if you are looking to work abroad - they get things done! Thanks TN! :)

Erin

Overall 9

My partner and I had been travelling and teaching for the last four years and decided to take a break to complete our masters in Brisbane, Australia. While studying, we wanted to apply for teaching positions in Shanghai. After a little bit of research, we discovered Teaching Nomads. Our recruiters were both helpful and positive but realistic at the same time. They always answered our questions within a matter of minutes some days and placed us in very good schools. It is hard to find reliable teaching jobs abroad, for some schools are only looking for appearances and not much substance or responsibility. It has been such a relief to have everything go smoothly. I would/will recommend this company to anyone who is thinking about doing the same thing. Thank you to all for getting us here!

Erin

I would suggest, if possible, to tell people that Ulearn takes over once you arrive. And that there are actually two companies; Teaching Nomads and Ulearn that help new arrivals.

Jeffrey
Owensboro, KY

Miss I. Afshar and M. Ran

Overall 10

The passed two months here in the US were quite stressful as I began to figure out where in China I wanted to teach and which jobs would best suit me. Thankfully I had a tremendous amount of help from a Miss I. Afshar who not only lifted a lot of stress off my shoulders, but also did so in a timely manner, and was extremely kind during the journey. I thank her for being so very patient with me. I was also excited to explore all the options that she sent to me so that I could find the perfect place - in which I'm happy to say that I did so, all with her help. Thank you so much! I hope all future Teaching Nomad clients have a smooth and successful experience as I did with Miss Afshar.

Cali
Shawnee
Oklahoma Baptist University

Overall 10

I graduated with a degree in Elementary Education in May 2016 and submitted an application through Teaching Nomad the same week I completed college. I knew that I wanted to seize this period of life to travel and experience as much of the world as possible, but wasn't sure who to turn to in making that a reality. I was hesitant about trusting a company that I had just stumbled upon online, but after researching and comparing reviews on several different recruiting agencies I felt most secure with Teaching Nomad. After submitting my initial application I was contacted by my personal placement consultant, Ashley Farrell. Ashley was extremely helpful and efficient. She helped me narrow down which positions would best suit me and I soon had my first interviews set up. I interviewed with three different schools, but ultimately chose the first school that I spoke to after meeting with them several times via Skype. When I first submitted my application I almost wasn't expecting anything to actually happen, now I will be leaving for Shanghai in less than a week to begin my first teaching position. Even after I signed my contract with my school of choice, Ashley has continued to offer assistance in arranging everything needed to make the move as smooth as possible. My experience with Teaching Nomad has only been positive thus far, and I have already recommended them to several of my friends who will be graduating next year.

Kieran
Manchester

Job hunting made easy.

Overall 10

I arranged for an interview with Teaching Nomad and less than a month later I was on a plane on the way to my new job. The process was efficient and professional and my recruiter Priya was friendly and from a similar background to myself. If I had any queries about the process or life in China in general I always received a response with answers or advice. What more could you really ask for from a recruitment agency? I am very satisfied with the job I have here in Shanghai and would happily recommend Teaching Nomad to anybody serious about coming to teach in China.

Mahalia
Los Angeles
University of California- Irvine

So Glad to Have Teaching Nomad

Overall 10

I have taught abroad before a couple of times. This time, I chose to find a placement through Teaching Nomad. They found perfect opportunities for me and helped me every step of the way. Even after I had signed the contract, Teaching Nomad followed up with me and made sure everything was going good.

I am so happy with my job placement and the experience. I definitely would recommend Teaching Nomad to other prospective teachers.

Thanks!

Siphumelele
Durban
University of Johannesburg

Positive Energy_ Teaching Nomad will get you that dream job!!!

Overall 10

I got my TEFL certificate in March 2016. I'm a fresh graduate from varsity. After months of rejection from multiple recruiters and almost giving up on searching for jobs abroad, I came across Teaching Nomad. I was in contact with Ashley Farrell, she gave me great advice and opened my mind for exploring Asia which has lots of opportunities for fresh graduates who have no formal experience like myself. She set up an interview with me as soon as I showed interest, then sent me tonnes information on potential jobs I'd be interested in which suite my character. The school she sent my info to seemed interested and set up an interview with me. She supported me and rooted for me and sent me tips for the interview. Then on the 4th of July 2016 I received an offer from the school. I will be moving to Shanghai and teaching there from the beginning of September. I'm still in communication with her and to be honest I prefer asking her about anything related to China such as calculating taxes over my direct contact at the school. This is because she is approachable and is always keen on helping. In summary I can say she is the epitome of "doing what you love and have passion for it". If you are reading this and have lost faith on that dream job please give Teaching Nomad a try they have got your back...*Disclaimer I am not getting paid to write any of this, just a happy South African who gives good credit where it is due*

Keep up the good work

Megan
Hampton

A Great Experience

Overall 10

Teaching Nomad is a reliable agency. They helped me find my dream job in China. Sophia Isis was my agent and she was very helpful and professional. She also assisted two of my colleagues. By going through teaching nomad I felt confident that I chose a good school to relocate to. I was already living in China when I sought out teaching nomads to help me find a new job because I was ready for a change of location. But Sohpia still assisted me with whatever I needed and was always available to answer questions. I plan to use them again in the future if I choose to relocate to a new country. I would highly recommend their services.

Najma
Buffalo, New York

TeachingNomad is by far the most professional recruitment program I have met in China

Hello,

I met Sophia Isis through my room mate. He works in a high school near our apartment and got the job through Teaching Nomad. I had first asked him to recommend someone to me that is professional and cares very much about experience. He referred Teaching Nomad and gave me Sophia's email. We had a skype interview a week later and my room mate was right, because, Sophia really asked me questions to help her understand where would be a good fit for me. She was very nice and immediately after the interview sent me three job listings and asked me to choose. I had never experienced that in my stay in China because when I talk with a recruitment program they usually offer me one. I was floored. I told Sophia of my choice and one week later I was contacted by the school, interviewed that Friday and was hired the same day. The process was nice, clean and smooth and by far the best I have experienced.

I am very thankful to Sophia and Teaching Nomad.

Najma

I would not improve it one bit because its excellent as it is.

Suelene
Port Elizabeth

Awesome Ashley

Overall 10

When the time arrives to start job-hunting, it is always stressful, especially filling in those dreaded recruitment agency forms, which are really just a replica of your CV. I had not known anything about Teaching Nomad until a young lady, Ashley Farrell found me via Linkedin and that was when things really started going well for us. After communicating with countless recruiters who either only got in touch to answer your questions or just ignored you completely it was like a refreshing breath of fresh air to have Ashley on our side. Both my husband and I are art teachers, so it is usually a challenge to be int he same school or city. She kept in touch regularly, often just to reassure us that we should just be patient, the right school would come along... which it did. Before that, however I was offered a position through another agency, but after asking them about the concerns I had after seeing some horrendous feedback about the school online, they just said that I should accept and they clearly did not care about the fact that I did not feel comfortable with the school at all.
Ashley on the other hand went out of her way to make sure that the schools were a good fit for us. I got some of my colleagues to make use of her services as well and we are all very happy with the personal touch she provides. Even though some of us already have jobs she still stays in touch to see whether the visa application process is going well and it is good to know that I have Ashley Farrell in my corner... she has my back covered. Ashley has become a household name and even though we have never met her in person, she is part of our family and staffroom, we talk about her as though she used to be part of our respective families. She has, and is still trying to get the right job for all of us (our school is downsizing, so a significant number of us are looking for something new) and Ashley is by far our recruiter of choice. She has made us have a new perspective on recruiters through her dedication and personal interest in each individual.
Thank you Teaching Nomad, and Ashley in particular, for being the difference in our lives. You have provided us with a new job and more than that, you have restored our faith in teacher recruitment agencies.

Our experience could not possibly have been better... continue doing things in the same way... keep the personal touch going.

Rael
Mexico

Teaching Nomad's personal approach

Overall 10

Since I contacted Teaching Nomad, the recruiting staff always kept track of my application. During the process, they were always immediately answering my questions and supporting my application by communicating with the school as well. I also had the chance to be interviewed by my recruiting agent and thus I had the chance to tell about my assets and experience, which I think it was quite important for them to push forward my application. I'll definitely choose again Teaching Nomad if in the future I want to enjoy more working experiences abroad.

Kaled
Abu Dhabi

Seeking Employment

Overall 10

Teaching Nomads provided me with the best teacher recruitment experience I have yet had in my nine-year career. Time and again the staff went well out of their way to provide advice and opportunities for me. Unlike other companies, Teaching Nomads actually values you as a person, not as a bar code. I would highly recommend their services to any teacher who is seeking an overseas teaching assignment, especially for China or the Gulf. Thanks a lot Teaching Nomads.

Ayesha
London

Overall 10

Teaching Nomad is probably the first recruitment agency where I have had a positive experience. I was sceptical of signing up at first due to my bad experiences with recruiters in the past but I am glad that I joined Teaching Nomad.
My recruiter, Ila Afshar, was extremely helpful and understanding. She was always prompt with email correspondences and answering any concerns I had. She was very professional and patient even when I was having doubts. The recruitment process was also very quick and efficient. I would definitely recommend this agency, and Ila, to anyone wishing to teach abroad in China.

Courtenay
Quito
Indiana University- Purdue University Fort Wayne

Teaching Nomad review

Overall 10

There is only one way to describe Teaching Nomad, amazing. It is a recruiting company that is there for you. They help you out the entire time, making things much easier. The staff is just incredible. They are personal and just amazing. They make you feel at ease with the entire process. They don't rush you, they make sure you feel comfortable with what you are doing. I am more than pleased to have done my recruitment with Teaching Nomad. Highly recommended.

Conor
sligo

Teaching Nomad - Ila

Overall 10

In moving from a training school to an international school I had found many dodgy schools which is why I decided to go with a recruiter.
Ila from Teaching Nomad was extremely helpful in finding a job for me. She took the time to get to know me, my strengths and what I was looking for.
I actually took the first job that she organized an interview with. I will be recommending Teaching Nomad to my friends who want to come work in China and my friends who are already here and looking for work.

Haley

Teaching abroad hassle free!

Overall 10

I had a really bad experience with another recruitment agency that it almost made me give up the idea of teaching abroad but luckily a friend suggested Teaching Nomad! The process was simple and straightforward while my recruiter guided me every step of the way. My recruiter Priya advised me on the steps to take when looking for a job in China as well as what to expect when moving to a new country for the first time. She was even nice enough to meet up with me to see how I was doing a month after being in China! Needless to say, Teaching Nomad made finding a teaching job stress-free and I would recommend them to anyone interested in teaching abroad!

Michael
Omaha

Excellent Service

Overall 10

First off, Teaching Nomad is special because of the personal touch they share with their clients. My family and I were fortunate to have Ila Afshar as our placement coordinator. From the moment we interviewed until the day we signed our contracts, Ila was our daily guide. She spent time getting to know us and made sure we were comfortable throughout each step. She was meticulous in every detail of our offers, our contracts, teaching us about the tax system and helping us prepare for what we would encounter during the visa process. We would have been lost without her. Teaching Nomad was professional and personal. I would recommend Ila and this company to all teachers. They will connect you with current teachers and answer all questions that will arise during the process. We are truly thankful for our relationship with Teaching Nomad and are excited to meet them all during g their 2017 celebrations!

Carly
Philadelphia

Great experience!

Overall 10

This is the first experience Ive had with a recruiter. Me and my partner applied together and Teaching Nomad did everything to help us. Everyone is professional, kind, and they genuinely care about your needs and wants. They are very friendly and welcoming. The website also has alot of useful things before you arrive in the country. They answered every question and email and were so helpful. I would recommend this recruiter to anyone looking to work in China!

Sophia is awesome!

Pranav
Toronto

Straightforward, honest recruiting.

Overall 9

If you are looking for someone who will tell you exactly like it is, without cutting any corners, Ila Afshar is that person! Ila's knowledge, professionalism and honesty, when it came to finding me a placement was phenomenal. Not only did she find me a placement that I would be excited about, she stayed on top my questions and concerns. I enjoyed the easiness in our interactions, as Ila replied to my emails within a day, no matter when I contacted her.

If you are interested in spending a year, or more, overseas and want the support of someone knowledgeable and personable, get in touch with Ila, you won't regret it!

Liza
Houston, Texas
Texas Tech University

Wonderful experience!

Overall 10

China was not even on my list of places to teach abroad. I was determined to teach in Sweden, but once I realized that was next to impossible as a non EU citizen I got very depressed. My friend taught in China for 3 years and said she had a wonderful experience and told me to reach out to Teaching Nomad. I'm so very thankful I did! They responded right away and I was lucky to get the best placement consultant ever, Ila Afshar. She not only got me excited about the prospect of teaching in China, but made the whole process seem less scary. She was very knowledgeable. When I had questions on things that came up in one of my offers she went out of her way to get me several points of view from her and her colleagues' experiences to make sure I had all the information I needed. She was personable which was important to me. It gave her the ability to help me make decisions on options I was debating even though she hadn't met me in person. She always chose the option I was leaning towards myself, and it made me feel more confident that she agreed. She has offered to be there to answer questions even after the process of finding a position is done. I cannot say enough great things about her and about Teaching Nomad. I hope to be able to meet her one day and thank her in person!

I didn't actually go through the certification program with TN. I just used a placement consultant.

Finn

Not bad at all!

Overall 10

I was getting frustrated with looking for jobs online and then I found teaching nomad. The range of potential job opportunities is larger than I have seen elsewhere and they all seem very interesting.

My recruitment consultant was great throughout the whole experience. She always managed to make time for my many questions and she took a genuine interest in all stages of my application.

Would definitely recommend

Brandon
Cleveland, Ohio
Bowling Green State University

Speedy way to Shanghai

Overall 10

I found Teaching Nomad after doing several weeks of research about teaching abroad. I did not like the idea of applying through agencies due to a prior bad experience with a different recruiting company. After reading some wonderful review of Teaching Nomad, I decided to submit an application. Once I sent in an initial application, I was contacted very promptly by Oliver Gorman. I was open to where to teach in Asia, and Oliver quickly made me aware of the many benefits of Shanghai. With a Master's in Education, I did not want to go teach at just any school. Oliver was able to secure me multiple interviews with some of the top high schools in Shanghai. He was very supportive throughout the entire interview process. I started interviewing mid March, and was able to secure a position at a wonderful school by mid April. The process was very quick ( minus the multiple teaching interviews via skype with the actual schools). It is very reassuring to know you are going to work with a reputable company because top schools will not deal with mediocrity. Currently I am going through the visa process with my school and Oliver has been there to check in and help in anyway the entire time. I look forward to working with him in the future and would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone looking to teach overseas. If you are a quality teacher, they will find you a quality position at a good school.

Lauren
University of KwaZulu-Natal

Great recruiting agency, very helpful and professional

Overall 10

Teaching nomad provides an excellent service. The process ran smoothly from beginning to end. My recruiter was Sophia. She was extremely helful and found me exactly what I was looking for. She followed up on my interview, start date and offered help if I needed it. There are many 'questionable' recruiting agencies around. I Would definitely recommend Sophia and teaching nomad. Was a pleasure to work with them.

Thanos
Manchester, UK
University of Manchester

The ideal platform for a beginner teacher

Overall 10

My experience with Nomad has been the smoothest job applications process I've ever had. I accepted a dream offer from just the first batch of suggested postings. Expect professionalism and clarity, give the same and it will happen for you. Don't worry if like me, you don't have teaching experience - there's something out there for you. Kudos and special thanks to Ila Afshar who handled my case and provided expertise and encouragement.

Stephen
Monash University

Excellent, personalised and caring service

Overall 10

I had become very cynical about education recruiting agencies. Previously I had been sent job opportunities that were not suited to my particular requirements. Once I was introduced to Stephanie at Teaching Nomad I realised what a great benefit working with a real professional could be. A lot of time was taken to drill down on my skills and experience. We were able to have an honest and frank discussion about my career and salary objectives. Stephanie took time to find out my teaching style and philosophy. The end result was I was only presented opportunities that met my demands. I was not just put on a mailing list and thrown any old job that came along. The end result was I was able to find an exciting and rewarding position in China without stress or hassle. Correspondence was handled quickly and attentively. I now recommend the service to any quality teachers I know.

John
Detroit, Michigan

Great job opportunities and a great staff

Overall 10

Teaching Nomad has been amazing. There are a lot of TEFL recruitment companies out there. When I first started "shopping around" for one, I found many that seemed untrustworthy. Teaching Nomad was not one of those. Ila at Teaching Nomad was amazing and very helpful. She was understanding and looked frequently to help me find a job I loved. Teaching Nomad does an interview with you initially to help find out more about the applicant, both their job wants and personality. They then look for jobs that suit your individual needs. I did not find that with any of the other companies I spoke with. Additionally, Teaching Nomad came to me with great positions. A lot of the other companies came to me with learning center jobs, which are fine if that is what you are looking for. However, I am coming from a high school in the United States and wanted to find a good school with good standards. Ila provided that for me. She checked in frequently, not just with more random jobs, but to see how I was doing and how the process was moving along. She also checked in with the schools I was interested in and interviewed with. The staff at Teaching Nomad are located in China, so Ila was able to give me some insight and opinions on what life is like in China from the perspective of a foreigner. I really could not be happier with Ila and Teaching Nomad. I would recommend them to anyone!

I do not know how they could have been better for me. I will have to see how things hold up once I have completed the position they found for me. At this point, it seems pretty close to perfect.

Casey
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
University of Texas- Austin

If you want to teach in Asia, Teaching Nomad is the solution.

Overall 10

Teaching Nomad was so helpful with my search for a teaching position in Asia! They were extremely friendly and very professional. The interview process was very straightforward and they gave me useful tips for my interviews with employers. I found a position effortlessly and it was because Teaching Nomad was there with me every step of the way. They helped from start to finish beginning with my TEFL certification and even helped me get oriented when I arrived in Asia. If you're looking for a teaching position in Asia and are lost as to where to start, definitely choose Teaching Nomad to help with the process!

Josh
University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill

Ila Afshar is your best bet for finding the perfect teaching opportunity

Overall 10

Ila has constantly been there to help with any and every question I had (and I had plenty). She walked me through step by step the entire visa and application process and even helped me to find an affordable TESL program. I would never have found this amazing opportunity if not for her help.

She is genuine and kind and you can tell that she cares about her clients. Teaching Nomad is an excellent company with very high standards. They are extremely selective in the schools they will work with, so you know you're not walking into a scam or a lousy job.

If you are looking to teach abroad in any location provided by Teaching Nomad, I implore you to contact them and ask for Ila Afshar. She can literally make your teaching abroad dream come true.

Really nothing. I had no issues at all with the program. It turned out better than I expected.

Courtney
Saskatchewan, Canada
University of Regina

Confident and Professional

Overall 10

As a first timer leaving the country for a job rather than personal travel it was an easy process thanks to the help of Teaching Nomad. The staff from day one was beyond exceptional. The recruiter I worked with was always contacting me and quick to respond with any question I had for her. The process from accepting to receiving the actual contract is a bit long, however I never felt forgotten. My recruiter started helping me find locations for apartments based on her knowledge and my personality. It has been such an easy transition thanks to their expertise and professionalism. The people within Teaching Nomad want the absolute best for their candidates and will ensure their needs are met.

Aimee
San Marcos, California

Teaching Nomad - Great Experience

Overall 10

My husband and I had the privilege of working with Ila from Teaching Nomad. I cannot begin to express the amount of peace and professionalism we experienced working with her! She was readily available to answer any doubts or hesitations and provide us with the best possible teaching positions to choose from. If you're looking to work with someone who will make you feel safe and goes the extra mile to find suitable job opportunities, I would definitely recommend Ila! :)

Brittany
Kenosha, wisconsin

The Perfect Job Finders!

Overall 10

I was referred to Sophia by a friend and she was so helpful. I emailed her about wanting to get a teaching job in Shanghai and she responded right away and I was able to set up a Skype session with her to figure out what I was looking for. I had a previous offer from another school and wasn't sure if it was a fair offer. She assured me that I could find a better paying salary and one closer to where I wanted to live. She sent me everything I needed to do and then sent it over to the employers. Within a few days I had interviews set up and several offers that were higher than my first one! Teaching Nomad is fast and efficient and very knowledgable about where the best fit would be for you. I highly recommend going through them!

Na'il
NewYork, NewYork
Morehouse College

Teaching Nomad is Great!

Overall 10

Teaching Nomad was great! They take making you the best teacher you can be seriously. Very helpful with providing information on local things while your there, very helpful in helping you find housing as well once you arrive, and most of all helpful in helping you find a great teaching position with a competitive salary. Above all I really appreciate their dedication to making sure you take your position seriously and understand the lives you will be affecting as a teacher. Great motivational people that encourage raising the bar pass mediocrity. Definitely recommend to all who love teaching.

A little clearer on directions during the TEFL course, besides that everything was great.

Cheryl
Taoyuan, Taiwan
College of Charleston

Placement in Taiwan

Overall 9

Oliver Gorman at Teaching Nomad was a great recruiter. He was very professional throughout the process and I was able to secure a job with my desired placement quickly and easily. With his help I felt prepared for my interview, and I knew he could answer any other questions I might have. The fact that Teaching Nomad only works with reputable schools is very reassuring. By going through Teaching Nomad I knew that the company I would be working for would be professional too.

I wanted to go to Taiwan to teach, Teaching Nomad only listed one company they work with there. Broadening their reach within Taiwan so there are more job listings in that country would be helpful. However, I love my placement with HESS International in Taiwan.

Holley
Florida

Extremely Helpful

Overall 10

I highly recommend Teaching Nomad and their recruiters; they were fully helpful throughout the entire process. They answered all of my questions in a timely manner, while I was taking the TEFL course and finding a school. They are very reliable and knowledgeable about all aspects of this experience. I also felt the majority of the course helped to prepare me immensely and I was able to take a lot away from it, to apply to my teaching position.

Zoe
Suzhou China
University of Pretoria

Maggie from Teaching Nomad

Overall 10

I moved to China after being offered a job in a private training centre. Needless to say, I didn't end of completing my contract. So, feeling helpless and stranded in China, one of my friend's gave me Maggie's number ( Maggie is a recruiter for Teaching Nomad ) and I immediately contacted her for help.

What a blessing! I am now a teacher at one of the most wonderful Kindergartens and I am thoroughly enjoying my China experience and adore my job. Not only does Maggie go out of her way to help you but she takes all your wants and needs into consideration. Maggie, if it weren't for you, I would have never stayed here and I wouldn't have had the opportunities I have now. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for all the hard work you all do at Teaching Nomad and I hope you have a wonderful New Year

Honestly from my experience I would change nothing !

Chris
University of Ottawa

Thank you!!!

Overall 10

Wow, where to start? I have so many positive things to say about this process with the assistance and support I have received. First, I must sing the praises of my Personal Placement Recruiter, Ila Afshar. Ila went above and beyond in finding me a job that was the perfect fit for me. She made me feel completely calm and comfortable in the interview process and was so attentive and patient with all the questions I had. She was so quick to follow and guided me through the whole process. This is the second contract that I have had in China. If I had know how helpful Teaching Nomad was, I would have most definitely used them to help find first contract. Ila made this whole process smooth and stress free. I have recommended Teaching Nomad to a few friend after seeing how quickly I found a job that was the perfect match for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

James
San Francisco, Ca
Southern New Hampshire University

The Easy Way.

Overall 10

I had a fairly direct and easy connection to a company in Taiwan. They are still expanding in Taiwan, so there is only one company that they are actively working with during this season, but I'm sure that will change in the future. I don't really want to work in China yet, so it was my preference that limited my options more than anything.
Ila was very friendly and helpful, and even when I made the mistake on the time of our interview, the time zone difference, she just rescheduled and rolled with it. I haven't made it to Taiwan yet, but I am still in touch with Teaching Nomad and the company I will be working for, giving me extra support in a new country.

While I'm sure there are flaws, I didn't find any in my experience with my contact or the company.

Raphael
University of Waterloo

Best Company That you'll find

Overall 10

Honestly, my experience with teaching nomad has been amazing. One of the few honest companies that you'll find in this line of work. The extend that my recruiter Sophia has went through, not only while I was in my homeland, but also when I arrived in China, is beyond expectation.

They will go beyond and above to try to make your experience abroad work out. Especially when everything around you is not working out (and many, many problems can and will arise during your stay) my recruiter was there for me. The honesty and integrity that they provide is very, very hard to find abroad, and having a western contact is essential.

I would definitely not be here without their help. Thank you, and wish you the best.

None.

Xiaodi
Suzhou,Jiangsu Province.China.

Teaching Nomad helps me to find my job

Overall 10

when I was looking for my job in last month,the placement consultant from Teaching Nomad Stephanie Li who help me to introduce me a new teaching job in a new school.And the international school is a top-ranking international school in China,specially in Suchew,as a bilingual teacher,I really want to be a staff there.So I send resumes to their school,and the placement consultant Stephanie Li who help me a lot,and she is very patient and nice to me,no matter what questions I have,she will try her best to help me.
She introduced me to the school headmaster who finally has an interview with me on Skype,it's very smoothly.
Luckily,I got the offer about this school.
All in all,I want to say "Thank you,Stephanie;Thank you,Teaching Nomad!"

I hope I could got the feedback information from them as soon as possible.

Roisin
Glasgow, Scotland
University of the West of Scotland

Overall 10

Thank you very much Ila for taking a lot of the stress out of finding a job in China. You found jobs that were suitable to my needs and listened to my preferred areas. You were very supportive throughout the process. I appreciated your calm and friendly manner over the phone and emails. I would highly recommend getting in touch with Teaching Nomad!

N/A

Sean
Chichester, UK
University of Exeter

Very helpful recruiter start to finish!

Overall 10

Hi all! I've only just secured my placement thanks to Teaching Nomad. Sophia was really helpful and communicative throughout the process, reassuring me about starting my new life abroad and generally explaining any uncertainties I had.

help with up front costs of getting to china
possibly a Western contact in China to meet and greet?

Paul
Irvine, California

Very Helpful

Overall 9

I had a great experience working with teaching nomad. They did a thorough job screening me and was very active in searching for the best opportunities that fit my unique wants and needs. When I began my search for teaching jobs in China I was happy to utilize their experience and knowledge in my search. It wasn’t long before they set up a couple of interviews with various organizations and it didn’t take long for one of them to hire me. I was reassured by their pre-screening of companies in China; knowing their additional endorsement would help put some fears at ease. The consultant who I worked with, Stephanie, was very professional and helpful. Her personal touch guided made me the entire way and helped me feel comfortable before and after the interviews. Once placed, the support continued with follow up during the visa process. I am grateful for their assistance.

Charlotte

Use Teaching nomad

Overall 10

Teaching Nomad are the best recruitment agency out of the dozens I've signed up to in the last year. Communication was always clear and they responded to emails swiftly. I am now employed by an amazing international school who pay me an amazing salary and benefits! This position is exactly what I asked for, and I got the job within a week Teaching Nomad informed me of the position. I highly recommend them.

Also, thanks Oliver! You are an amazing recruiter!

Ciara
Clare, Ireland

Thank you, Sophia!

Overall 10

Sophia has aided me throughout my search for a teaching position in China, no matter how big or small, silly or important the questions have been! I feel I have found the perfect job for my first time in China, and it's all thanks to the help and advice of Sophia. I am super excited to get to china now. No doubt I will have more good things to say about Sophia and TN by the time I arrive.

Thanks again!

Chancellor
Nanchang, China

Great Experience. Thank you, Teaching Nomad!

Overall 10

First and foremost, I must thank Sophia at Teaching Nomad. Sophia's professionalism and thoughtfulness are on another level. Sophia walked me through the recruiting process step by step and answered every question I had (and there were many!). I cannot thank Sophia enough for her time, patience and care during my placement process. If you have the pleasure to work with Sophia as your recruiter, then rest assured you are in good and capable hands.

I currently work in China. I am happy to say all matters discussed during my interview and contract signing have been promised and delivered. I feel fortunate to not only have had great help before my placement, however also during my placement.

If you are looking to work in China, I strongly recommend working with Teaching Nomad as your recruiter during the process.

Devon
Montana

Trustworthy company, in a difficult market.

Overall 10

My girlfriend and I decided that we where going to go abroad and teach English and our search brought us to gooverseas.com. From this site we found TeachingNomad. We worked with TeachingNomad, and one other company. Both the companies we worked with had us do initial interviews and both companies offered to help place us in an Asian country. TeachingNomad offered to do this at no cost, while the other company would find us an offer, but we had to pay them to accept it. Our contact from TeachingNomad, Oliver, informed us that, although this practice is not uncommon, we are the asset and we should not pay for assistance in placement. So obviously we went with the free option!

I gave this review the headline, "Trustworthy company, in a difficult market" not because finding a job is hard, but because its difficult to know what company to trust to advocate for you, and land you a job that you know is not wasting your time. Teaching nomad is paid by companies to find you, and place you with them. A business model like that could easily breed an unfavorable experience for the prospective employee. It would be easy to "get them a job, get them over here, and get paid," but that is not how TeachingNomad treated us. They monitored every step for us. They were CCd in all of our email, and we always received honest feedback when we asked for it.

After arriving in China we went met our company we were placed with, and got shipped out of Shanghai a week later. A few months down the road we took a trip to Shanghai and run into Oliver. I was amazed that he recognized us, as well as surprised by his sincere curiosity in how our placement was working.

Overall moving to China was a difficult experience, but it was made easier by the support we received from TeachingNomad. TeachingNomad was there every step of the way, and gave us assistance with anything we needed. If we emailed TeachingNomad, we knew we would wake up to a response in the morning.

No program is perfect and this is especially true when working with a lot of companies in China. The only thing I think could improve this program would be detailed profiles of the school that are possible for placement. Although this is not the best critique because if I had asked, I am sure I would have received one.

Valeriya
London
University of Essex

Would highly recommend Teaching Nomad!

Overall 10

Teaching Nomad accommodated me at the most vital point of my transition to China. I was originally going to go else where, but after speaking to Brett, I felt that I had been misled else where. Teaching Nomad are honest, upfront, and genuinely fantastic! Any question you have will be answered to the best of their ability and anything you need while trying to get settled is no problem. One of the recruiters had taken several days out of his day to help me apartment search and make sure I could get everything set up. I had a really positive experience!!

Matthew
Taichung, Taiwan

Great Placement in Taiwan

Overall 10

Sophia from teaching nomad was excellent to work with. Despite the awkward timing of my graduation, she helped to find my wife and I teaching jobs in Taiwan with Hess International. Through the application and hiring process, she was quick to offer any assistance she could. It was great to work with this company.

Arianne
Ottawa, Canada
University of Ottawa

Thank you Teaching Nomad!

Overall 10

Teaching Nomad was great! Patrick was quick to contact me after I showed interest in their agency. He was available at all time during the application process and answered all my questions. I would definitely recommend this placement agency to everyone looking for a job in Asia!

The position I got at Girafe English Shanghai did not require me to take the TEFL online course as they provide their own training. I purchased the TEFL course through your agency during the application process. It's always good to have it but maybe there could be a way to avoid unnecessary costs.

Alex
Sheffield Hallam University

Great experience

Overall 10

Had a great experience with Teaching Nomad. Oliver Gorman was fantastic - Responding to my emails and any questions I had extremely efficiently. He was very helpful, and really provided a personalised experience whilst finding me a job. I found the job I was looking for very quickly, and would definitely use Teaching Nomad again in the future.

Tasmyn
Shanghai, China

Teaching Nomad helped me secure a position in a week!

Overall 10

I would most certainly recommend Teaching Nomad to anyone looking for a position abroad. Sophia Isis, my recruiter, was absolutely outstanding and on-the-ball the entire time. She checked up on me when she had not yet received my documents and assisted me in every step of the way. Sophia was also willing to answer any questions. prior to and after I received an offer at an international school in Shanghai. I was asked to attend an interview and was offered the position on the exact day. All I can say is a big 'Thank you' to Sophia, and recommend Teaching Nomad to anyone interested in a teaching position with reputable schools and companies.

No suggestions. The program is great!

Nate
Flagstaff, Arizona

Updated Review

Overall 10

I feel like a restaurant critic, who writes a review about the service; then the company addresses the issues (if any) that have come to the surface. I have recently applied with Teaching Nomad, and my point of contact was (Saira). First off I would like to say wow, I am blown away by her professionalism. Not to mention her patience, with first timers like myself. At first glance, I think the issue that arose (was mine) not hers. I thought for a brief moment that I was asking too many questions, and she was tired of answering them every time that she turned around.

But, that was not the case at all. Even with me saying so, she was very professional about it. She simply kept her cool and explained everything to me (in detail). Then, went on to ask if there was any other way that she could clear it up, or if I had any other questions that I hesitated to ask. Honestly, I couldn't recommend a better individual to work with, (especially for first timers traveling abroad). A+ 100% satisfied client!

With (Saira) on your staff, I don't believe that your company needs to change anything. She is the best!

Connor
Texas
Angelo State University

Unparalleled Professionalism

Overall 10

I am incredibly thankful Saira and the rest of the awesome staff from Teaching Nomad found me. Everything about this firm is above-board and reassuring. Everything about them, from their website to the Teaching Nomad personnel themselves, oozes of integrity and professionalism. Though I have yet to begin my contract abroad in China and thus can not comment accurately on support after arriving, I can only imagine the crew at Teaching Nomad would have no problem addressing any concerns I had about my new post and new surroundings.

Throughout the ESL job-hunting process, I had a positive sense of assurance that the opportunities I was notified of and the schools Teaching Nomad works with were top-notch and reputable. Work with Teaching Nomad and let them ferret out all of the schools and offers that are not right for you.

With all the preparations that occur before expatriating yourself, you deserve nothing less.

Nathaniel
manchester uk
Manchester Metropolitan University

A Diamond Geezer

Overall 9

Oliver Gorman and Teaching Nomad have been fantastic in helping me to find a position teaching in China. I described Oliver as a Diamond Geezer because of the patience and professionalism he demonstrated in helping me to find the correct job that best suit me as an individual, not only based on my academic qualification and experiences but also my personal preferences. As a teacher looking for an opportunity to teach outside the UK, I can't recommend Teaching Nomad more highly as they have all the professional services and contacts available at their fingertips.

Elana

Amazing!

Overall 10

We have received the absolute best service from Teaching Nomad and Sophia helped us from the very beginning. She was always extremely professional and friendly. Through Teaching Nomad, we managed to get the best options and we received a fantastic opportunity at a very reputable international school. We are more than happy to recommend Teaching Nomad for any teacher who would like to work in China!

No need to improve. Teaching Nomad is perfect!

Jill
Beijing, China
New College of Florida

Professional and Efficient

Overall 10

The process of applying for an administrative position through teaching nomad was fast, professional, and efficient. I literally had a job that was a good fit in a matter of days. Thanks for all the support Sophia!

alice
San Diego, CA
University of San Francisco

Great services

Overall 9

Sophia worked with me on getting a teaching job in Shanghai. From my experience, the staff at teachingnomad is really aware of the applicants and their clients and work hard to make a match. Sophia responded to my questions and requests and e-mailed me with suggestions and her thoughts on which positions would best meet my needs and qualifications.

Iris
Freehold, New Jersey
Montclair State University

Unparalleled Opportunities

Overall 10

I have been planning to teach English in China for nearly a decade now, but when I finally had my degree in hand, I was overwhelmed by the options! I went through about three or four other recruiters and even tried contacting individual institutions personally, but Teaching Nomad was by far the most professional agency with the best teaching positions-- especially for a first year teacher. None of the others held a candle to the jobs I found through Teaching Nomad. I could not possibly recommend this outfit more.

Sharday
Chicago, IL
Saint Xavier University

Teaching Nomad Helps Me Land Dream Job!

Overall 10

I just have to commend the Teaching Nomad team for being dedicated individuals and really ensuring that they are providing us with the best support! Once I was determined to participate in a teach and travel experience, I was overwhelmed and not sure how I should go about the whole process. Sophia from Teaching Nomad was especially helpful and went above and beyond to help me score the perfect job. I was rejected by my first choice job initially but Sophia followed up with the company and I got my interview in the end. Thanks to her and the rest of the teams efforts to fight for me, I am now embarking on a journey that I really wanted. I couldn't have done this without them and I'm incredibly grateful!

I have not started my program yet but I thought it was important for me to comment on the great experience I've already received. I will write another review once my program is over.

Deborah
Canada
York University

More than pleased!

Overall 10

I was looking for ESL jobs in Asia when Sophia Isis, from Teaching Nomad, found me. Since our first contact, Sophia has been friendly, personable and very efficient. I felt like she really understood my needs and my personality, and was there to help me find the perfect position. I owe my job in China, and probably the biggest adventure of my life, to Sophia. Thank you!

Rafael
Brown University

The easiest recruiting process I have been through

Overall 10

As someone who has used ISS and SA, Teaching Nomad was by far the easiest process I have gone through. It didn't cost me anything, unlike those other two programs and after one email contact, I was able to speak with the Teaching Nomad representative and get all the information I needed to continue with the job application. It was quick, efficient, friendly, and effective (I got the job)

Martin
Carow, Ireland/Shanghai, China
University of Limerick

Very Professional

Overall 9

Going through Teaching Nomad was the best decision I could have made coming to Shanghai. Sophia,who was my recruiter was very helpful and patient in dealing with my applicaton. She responded to any questions I had in a timely manner which made the entire process very straightforward. I haven't been in Shanghai very long but thus far everything has gone smoother than I could have ever expected. A large part of this is due to the guys at Teaching Nomad. I 100% recommend this company to anybody considering coming to Shanghai.

Brian
Wuxi, China
Wilkes University

Excellence

Overall 10

Educators wary of generic employment listings via web sites intended for the average must avail of the quality services offered by the wonderful employees of Teaching Nomad. Career > job. Especially considering the economy in China, educators will appreciate obtaining exciting / rewarding employment.

Jimmie
Rosedale, Maryland

Excellent support, thank you!

Overall 10

Teaching Nomad thank you for being a major support system throughout this process! Although the process can be stressful at times, my placement consultant, Oliver Gorman has done a phenomenal job at easing the anxiety by responding to emails in a timely manner; by addressing any concerns that have; and by giving great overall advice. Thank you Teaching Nomad and Oliver for making my desire to help others and experience another part of the world possible!

laura
Shanghai, China

Living in China with a family

Overall 9

The thrill of moving half-way across the world was amazing. The move was from the US to China with my husband and two small boys. The culture shock was very difficult to get used to along with not knowing any Mandarin. The sights and history of China is amazing and was the most memorable experience of living abroad. It was very difficult working with local teachers on a day to day basis because the work ethics are so different from the US. The public transportation system in Shanghai is exceptional. It was very reliable and inexpensive. We enjoyed the food and the abundance of shopping opportunities in the big city. I would recommend for everyone to live/work abroad for at least a year. Your views and thoughts are broadened as well so you leave with a greater sense of appreciation for all countries of the world. I do not recommend long term living in China because you can become very disconnected with western ways and sometimes lose a sense of who you are or where you came from. But, some people might want this!

Evelyn
Victoria University of Wellington

Thanks Patrick

Overall 10

Thank you Patrick for your support and guidance in getting me to Shanghai! You were willing to skype before we left to answer any questions we had and you replied to emails very quickly. Since arriving you have continued to offer that support , and I thank you for that.

Lauren
University of Stellenbosch

Here is to China

Overall 8

Many people decide to travel overseas from a young age and with all the restrictions, teaching English abroad is a great way to get paid and travel...so i decided to jump on in and head off to Shanghai, china. My recruiter from Teaching Nomad was Sophia Isis. Her help during my recruiting process put me at ease and less stressed about the fact that i was moving alone to the biggest city in the world. Funny enough, my roommate was also recruited by Sophia to teach in China. Talk about a small world.

I think it would be great if the recruiters could touch base with the candidates once they are in china. Via email would be best

Sarah
Beijing

Excellent recruitment services and Recruiter

Overall 9

Teaching Nomad was helpful, straightforward, patient and supportive. Oliver Gorman my recruiter was fantastic and I am so grateful for his help during this process. He was knowledgeable and is an asset to the company.

Andrew
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Lander University

Thank you for the support and help!

Overall 8

Would like to say thank you for your tremendous support and help in placing me with a school in China! I am now working everyday in a fantastic school and teaching children about something I am very passionate about! MUSIC! I spend everyday spreading the beauty and amazing ability of music to have a positive impact on peoples lives. Thanks again!

Larissa
Arizona State University

Teaching Nomad is La Classe

Overall 10

Oliver from Teaching Nomad has displayed nothing but pure professionalism in helping me find a teaching position in China. He was completely dependable, punctual (answered all of my emails immediately), and assuring. He even answered questions I had on the weekends! I think one of the greatest attributes with working with him was that he gave me honest advice and looked out for my best interest. Overall, if I had the choice to do it again I most definitely would. I couldn't have asked for a better experience and I have never been happier with my decision.

Not only has Oliver helped me with finding a school he has also made the transition into China easier by passing me a useful contact in finding an apartment, a list of places to go/see, and things to do while I spend my time here. I can't thank him enough. Thanks Ollie!

Difficulties about living in China: Things that would normally take you 20 minutes to do back home (ex. going to the grocery store/ looking for food/ etc.) may take you anywhere from 1-3 hours. Plan accordingly.

Highlights about living in China: Amazing people from all over the world completely different from you.

An amazing experience.

The TEFL requirement…..

Stefani
University of Southern California

Career Teacher Highly Recommends TN

Overall 10

I was impressed from the start by the professionalism and friendliness by the staff at Teaching Nomad. A recruiter was very quickly in contact with me and we set up a Skype interview to talk about the job possibilities for my qualifications and to answer my questions about China. This recruiter worked very closely with my partner and I over several months as we looked carefully at jobs and locations in China. We were able to secure positions that suited our very different teaching backgrounds in a part of China that suited our experience living abroad (none) and Chinese language level (we knew how to count).

As a recent graduate from a Masters in Teaching program, I was looking for a position that would be good experience and pay well. I was pleased with the choices available and am absolutely in love with the school I have been placed at.

They were also able to find a great position for my partner, who has teaching experience but no credentials, in his area of expertise.

Our transition to Shanghai really has been easy thanks to the advice and help from the staff at Teaching Nomad.

If I could change one thing it would be to fix their website. The layout is confusing and some of the features don't work. We looked at jobs on the website, wrote down the job numbers and then emailed with the recruiter about them.

Kim
University of South Florida

Amazing Agency and Recruiters

Overall 10

At first I was very nervous about my possible move to China, and found Teaching Nomad to help with the entire process. The application and interview process was smooth and enjoyable. The agency and its recruiters helped me with any questions that I had as well as help place me in a job that suited my personal goals.

Both Patrick and Ginger, my job placement and visa recruiters, gave me reliable, updated information at all times, especially when paperwork was delayed from the government. Everything was done in an orderly and neat fashion.

I truly appreciate all the work that Patrick and Ginger did as well as the rest of the staff upon arriving to Shanghai. Sophia and Brett, the company founders, helped with everything else once I landed, from paperwork to directions. Everyone at the agency is wonderful and extremely helpful and welcoming.

I would highly recommend this agency to anyone looking for teaching positions within China.

Paperwork was delayed, but that was the Chinese government's fault. Teaching Nomad rush-delivered through Fed-Ex my documents in time for my visa submission.

Lucas
Foshan, China
University of Michigan

Dependable

Overall 10

Patrick at Teaching nomad was honest, responsive and dependable.

After my initial conversation with him, he presented me with 4-5 schools that he thought would be a good match. I applied to three and ended up getting job offers from 2 of them. He was quite honest in describing the differences between the schools during my decision-making process, making it much easier.

I had no difficulties with Teaching Nomad. Adjusting to life in China can be challenging, but Patrick was very helpful in providing me with information such as links, information sheets and advice.

I would highly recommend Teaching Nomad to anyone who is considering looking for teaching positions here in China.

There was one school that I was very interested in that filled all of its positions before my application was complete; however, that certainly was not Teaching Nomad's fault.

Khushboo
India
University of Birmingham

Teaching Nomad - Great Experience

Overall 10

Finding a job through Teaching Nomad was effortless. After completing the application process and questions on their website, Oliver my placement consultant took care of everything else.He was extremely supportive through out the entire hiring process. Overall an excellent recruiter.

I am greatly appreciative of their services and would highly recommend Teaching Nomad to my friends/ colleagues.

Sean
Georgia
Liberty University

Teaching Nomad Review

Overall 10

Highly professional organization, friendly staff, and timely correspondence. Answered all my questions, and addressed my concerns. Overall, I am very appreciative of the services provided and would definitely recommend Teaching Nomad to a friend/colleague.

merv
QingDao, China
Imperial College London

Teaching Maths in English for a Brit in China

Overall 9

Teaching in China is not only a worthwhile experience, its an adventure. Its not about good or bad, let alone better or worse, its just different. What is required is not just positive-cliches, but also a paradoxical sense of urgency in a laid-back mentality: if things should not go according to plan, then just go with plan-B or create a plan-B.

day to day: its a boarding school in a secure compound, no need to paint the nearest village/town red too often, but being used to walking & public transport helps, a lot. Knowing the lingo means your colleagues WILL exploit your proficiency.

Highlights? Discovering that Chinese pupils have an uncanny British sense of humour, but with Eastern respect, without the stroppy Brit "chav" attitude.

Lowlights? Getting used to having NO good quality fresh bread, fresh semi-skimmed milk, tasty dairy products, pies, bakes, chocolates, patisseries, seedless grapes, cox apples, steak prepared Black & Blue... etc...food related.

FULL DETAILED advice about shipping personal effects.

Sandy
Asia
State University of New York

Teaching Nomad.com-Best Agency I've Encountered!

Overall 10

From the very beginning, Sophia was prompt, professional, patient, kind, caring, understanding and helpful. She answered my questions and was extremely supportive throughout the entire hiring process. Whenever I contacted her she responded almost immediately either through Skype or email. I've had many interviews throughout my career and it's fair and accurate to say she conducted one of the most thorough, relevant and thought provoking questions than others usually do. (ie: She didn't ask me generic questions that she could simply find on my resume) The short answer questions sent to me as part of the recruitment process was innovative and creative. Whenever I was frustrated she was not only empathetic, but she followed up for me and advised me about what I should do. Sophia has a great sense of humor and overall is an excellent and efficient recruiter. She puts the "human" back into "human resources" and recruitment. I'm very thankful to have had this experience.

In regards to Teaching Nomad I can honestly not think of anything that could be changed to make it better. As I think about schools, perhaps the person doing the hiring could be carbon copied into correspondence as HR sometimes is 'slower' than those of us from North America are accustomed to. This could prevent slow response time or miscommunications. (This is not the fault or a reflection on this company/program though)

Andrew
Denver, Colorado
University of Colorado- Denver

Great Recruiter!

Overall 10

I've worked for Reach to Teach to teach in South Korea and I enjoyed working with them. But I didn't know what professionalism was until I started working with Sophia Isis. She has always responded to my questions and comments promptly and in a friendly manner. She has also secured me a job at an international school for a six month contract! With Sophia I have truly found my dream contract.

Dr.
Florida State University

Exemplars in Educational Placement

Overall 9

Sergio Montelongo is an excellent recruiter. He provided immediate support to the placed teacher when the employer lacked specifics as to how to process visas: i.e. when placed in a remote location, he always kept an eye on the welfare of the teacher, and he always contacted me on a regular basis for holidays and personal days (e.g., Christmas and birthday). He has a strong emphatic identification with the teacher having been an English teacher himself at several different post. He is exceptionally qualified in anticipating difficulties, and when difficulties arose, he assauged the anxieties of the teacher and kept them focused on their purpose by addressing their concerns. He is an excellent mentor; he is a teacher, and thus an exemplar as to how a recruiter ought to conduct the business of both recruiting for the employer by screening and placing qualified candidates for hire, as well as monitoring the treatment and support of the candidate by the employer.

Strengthening information about the visa process for both parties: i.e., the process, the obligations to be carried out by the employer in the form of invitation letters, and educating the candidate as to the steps necessary to complete the process. This is true for potential employers that have limited experience in having foreign teachers within their ranks: i.e., employers need to have open communication with teachers should potential problems arise.

Sirworkalot
California

"Not afraid of the big bad wolf"- Work

Overall 8

I started the job application process many months before the actual visit took place.
Over that initial time period I endured some personal travel expenses, many late nights of gathering and sending information, and a bit of a long wait that would have seen most teachers turn tail and run.
During that rough time Teaching Nomad stayed in touch and stoked my ego a bit through the long process (I've been in the game for a long time- but Asia is it's own beast that requires extensive patience right).

In the beginning of the initial process the school informed us (Teaching Nomad & myself) that they were changing their previously posted job request and looking for someone to fill an even bigger set of shoes. Luckily, I had big feet!

Brett (Teaching Nomad) and his staff kept in touch with me and informed me of what I would be getting into ahead of time. Because of Brett's upfront honesty about the school and the post I knew I could trust him not to sugar-coat the details.
It is for that exact reason that I chose to follow this thing through and get up here.
Now, sitting in the drivers seat of the entire International Department (where my skills are most needed) I am grateful for the opportunity Brett and my school have provided me-

I truly believe that thousands of students will benefit from what I bring to the school (as well as myself- as their student)
Thank you Dr. Lin & Brett Isis.

Love your program.
This is surely one of the most stand-up teacher recruitment/provider companies ever in China.
Your system is smooth and useful.
I have worked with several HUNDRED Chinese and western agencies to find good teachers and eventually seek my next job post- ALL have failed me (or my school) in one way or the other.

The only other thing I would really like to have provided from your service is Agent management. I would love to have someone from your team representing me. This means first day on the job introductions, bi-monthly follow-up reports between Teaching Nomad, the school, and myself (in report form), and most importantly- Pay negotiation services.

Most of us take the lower pay with schools to get into the job after being told that the pay will be reviewed in 6 to 12 months only to find out that the increase is usually 3.5 percent or less than the Chinese market rate would pay for our skills.

The schools then turn around and raise their recruited teachers salary rates and benefits when hiring abroad from the west which ends up rivaling our salaries of teacher who have faithfully served for 5 or more years. This is a phenomenon that recruiters don't often catch, and the result is the quality teachers leave the school.
In fact, most of the quality teachers that are not married to Chinese citizens leave China all together. You know the ones I'm talking about right? The teachers who bring their family to China, work here for five years in hope of advancing and making enough to live a better life and afford more only to see some newly hired teacher get the promotion they wanted, worked hard for and deserved because of their relationship to bringing other teachers or recruiting from universities- I speak about this because my last Chinese school did this to many people. And after talking with westerners in my network of over 7,000 teachers I find that it is common practice with most mid-level tier schools.

In China, Education is a business! At the end of the day this is what it is.
The schools are beginning to compete for elite students and teachers. The problem is when you already move over here and then try to change jobs schools always try to low-ball you on you salaries and benefits. If you are a foreigner that has worked for the same school since you came to China you are surely subject to getting low-balled (even if you don't know it).
The business end is like this:
Come work for us with a promise of potentially great benefits, salary, and most importantly- lifestyle.
We will work with you and give you a lot of responsibilities and dangle the carrot in front of you for a long time. After a while our long-stayed talent will become expensive to keep so we will downsize or start hiring teachers at much higher salaries and say we do so to keep competitive. In turn we will keep your raises small so that we can afford these incoming teachers we are overpaying with less experience and no knowledge of teaching abroad. Our plan is simple: Get you to train the new guys and make something out of them- we will promote them over you knowing we could loose you (which is really the eventual plan). The great teachers will be offended eventually enough that they pack it up. After about three years the new hires will train others and they will leave for the better paying jobs in other countries and the students (not the school) will loose out on the losses of both experienced teachers and the 3 years turnarounds.
I am a teacher with a long work history- so when I tell you this its because its happening everywhere. I do consider myself an expert in what I do- not because I've done it for a long time, but because I am always passionate, curious, and I thrive at doing things to the BEST of my ability. To that extent I consider myself the greatest student to my students and this art we call Education.
At the end of the day it would be nice to have someone in my corner during salary negotiations and reviews.
If the representative knows the school and can keep in good standing with them (simple and professional) then that representative would surely be welcomed by my side when it comes time to talk salaries at time of hire and within the first review period.
First review periods in China usually set the standard for your whole career's salary for the life of the job at that location. By not having representation, you may loose precious benefits and pay percentages. Also, if you are paid far under what the job SHOULD pay you then you are going to need some hard facts to show the school your job title value with your skill-set and experience included.

At the end of the day I wouldn't mind paying for that kind of representation out of pocket expense.

Xiǎo
Shenzhen, Guandong, China
University of Canterbury

Teaching in China

Overall 10

Thanks to Teaching Nomad, I'm currently teaching at a very good school in Shenzhen. The pay is very good if you take into consideration that I only teach about 24 hours a month on a fulltime contract. The accommodation is adequate and all meals are provided. The only problem I’m experiencing is the language barrier and that is actually an opportunity for growth if you think about it carefully. I suggest you learn a small amount of Mandarin before you come to China, if possible at all.

The information the employer provided to Teaching Nomad was not 100% honest. I suggest that a representative of Teaching Nomad visits the large job providers to get a better understanding of what these people are actually offering.

ewoodburn
Nanjing
University of Edinburgh

Invaluable

Overall 10

I love my job and it is all thanks to Teaching Nomad. I work in an international kindergarten in Nanjing. The staff and locals are lovely and I cannot believe how easy it was to settle into life here. I have already recommended Teaching Nomad to several people. It is a friendly service with helpful advice and guidance.

Mireille
New Zealand

Professional care

Overall 10

Hi I was placed in China with Teaching Nomad. They were professional, kind and effective. They were able to answer all my concerns and give me assurances when I was unsure. They also helped after the contract was signed and to this day, is in touch and promising to assist me in whatever way possible. they have made the experience enjoyable and profitable. Thank you.

twoodberry
Nazarene Bible College

Quick & Easy

Overall 10

I found Teaching Nomad through their website. Applying to them was relatively straightforward and I was contacted by my recruiter, Mark, after about 2 business days. We arranged an interview by Skype, which was quick and straightforward. I've taught ESL in other places in Asia (Thailand & South Korea) and I found Mark helpful in answering my China specific questions.

We discussed some possible positions in Shanghai that fit my requirements and after our conversation I sent over my documents. Mark put me in contact with my new school, which interviewed me and sent me a contract offer. The contract was in line with what I was told to expect at the school they told me I'd be sent to.

Visa was easy to take care of (relative to China) and everything was ready for me when I arrived.

I've worked with recruiters before, some good and some not so good. The thing I liked about Mark and Teaching Nomad was that they only sent out my application to schools that I actually approved instead of randomly sending it out to schools I didn't approve of.

Overall, a good experience.

kidneybean0817
Guangzhou, China
Victoria University of Wellington

Good Job

Overall 10

I really enjoyed having Teaching Nomad to assist me in finding a job in China. It really helped to have someone to answer questions and give practical advice. The person who helped me was very, very patient and always willing to help. He stayed in contact after I came to China and has been helpful while I've been here. It is a great program and I am very thankful for all the help! My day to day experience has been good overall. I am still adjusting to the different culture. It is very difficult to adjust and change to a new culture. The nice thing about Teaching Nomad is that I knew there was someone there that understood the culture shock and was able to give some very good and sound advice. I am also very glad to discover that toddlers all across the world like the same games and tricks. That is one thing that has made the adjustment much, much easier!

A.

Teaching Nomad - Family First

Overall 10

"When moving a family of 5 half way across the world we needed to work with a company that did more than just find me a job. and that’s exactly what we got with Teaching Nomad. I can honestly say that if it were not for the staff of Teaching Nomad helping us when we got to Shanghai I don’t know what my family and I would have done. They truly took care of us from my first interview to my first day on the job. I sincerely recommend anyone looking for a job to go with Teaching Nomad. The people there really make the difference!

Andrew Crook

Atlanta Georgia USA to Nanjing China "

Shanghai-Nomad
Shanghai, China

Shanghai up close and personal

Day to Day

at work:
I plan, prepare, teach as usual.

at home:
I watch online tv, listen to music mostly all of which are streamed or downloaded freely here in China.
I have a 10M internet connection the fastest in Shanghai. I compost, eat vegetarian and occasionally host couch surfers.

in the community:
I attend and co-host couch surfing meetings regularly, I share information, knowledge and ideas with people in my circle of friends.

Reviews specifically related to Teaching Nomad.

Brett was a pleasant recruiter. The paperwork was completed on time without delay.

My wishlist...

I would have wished for more regular communication and more of a support network after the official paper work was completed.

Why is it that only the squeaky wheel gets the oil?
I think that sometimes there should be a proactive approach. Including but not limited to a checklist of common issues for new and veteran teachers. Maps, Places of interest, Service locations, Rental places, Social Events and so on. I think that even if someone is already in the city they can possibly glean more information from the recruiter as they have access to multiple teachers in the same area with the same needs and also a different perspective.

Jake
Suzhou, Jiangsu Provice, China
University of Chester

Go with Teaching Nomad!

Overall 10

I applied to teach English in China through Teaching Nomad. My recruiter, Brett, was very professional in the recruitment process and got me placed quickly and effortlessly at a REALLY good school in Suzhou. The school is called Suzhou Foreign Language School and I can say this is hands down the best school I could hope to work at in China. People here are amazingly friendly. Thanks to Brett for hooking me up! But anyway, this review is about Teaching Nomad, so back to that. If a recruiter does their job right, they go almost unnoticed. They just hook up Party A with Party B. Aside from interviewing the applicant and collecting information, their main task is to match a job seeker with an employer. Brett at Teaching Nomad did that perfectly and effortlessly. I would recommend him to anyone wanting a hassle-free experience.

The most important service that we provide is behind the scenes research of every school that we can find to identify those worth partnering with. There are 1000's of English schools in Asia, unfortunately not all of them are legitimate. We have contacted, spoke with and researched 100's of these schools and partnered only with those with a great reputation, great compensation and truly appreciate their teachers. Teaching Nomad has programs for teachers of all experience levels including Professional educators, Experienced ESL instructors and Beginner teachers!