Teaching Nomad - Teaching opportunities in China

Teaching Nomad - Teaching opportunities in China

By Teaching Nomad Reviewer Verified Badge   Reviews (147)   97% Rating
Earn a free international travel program and month-long teacher training course in Shanghai! We're seeking TN Ambassadors to represent us on your home campus. Visit our website for more details.

Teaching Nomad is your connection to great teaching opportunities in China! American owned and operated company with offices in both Shanghai, China & Denver, Colorado. We are the definitive source for teach abroad in China.

Since 2011 we've been vetting schools in China and helping people like you connect with only the best. We have schools hiring for every subject, in 40+ cities. Whether you want to teach English in Shanghai or Biology in Xi'an, we can probably help!

We take a lot of pride in connecting dedicated teachers with great schools all over the country. Teaching Nomad has programs for teachers of all experience levels including Professional educators, Experienced ESL instructors and Beginner teachers. Our clients include International schools, Language training schools, Primary/ Middle/ High schools and kindergartens.

Register with us today to be connected with a dedicated placement consultant who can answer all your questions and find the perfect match for you.

• Very competitive pay
  • Free housing or allowance
  • Benefits (health, flights, bonuses)
  • Personal placement consultant to walk you through the process
  • Opportunity to get your TEFL for free
Asia » China
Recruiter
1 Year+
Salary / Benefits
CNY 10,000 – 35,000 RMB/month + Potential expat packages including: airfare, housing, insurance, meals and more!
Qualifications
Pre-School
University Students
Age Max
Cost Description
TN's services will always be free for teachers
Teaching vacancies throughout the country (40+ cities)

Yes Jennifer, pre-school is in high demand! We work with some of the top pre-schools and kindergartens.

Rating Values

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Mark
china
Cornell University

Teaching Nomad Excellent Recruiting Service

The recruiter gave a great impression with her positive energy, fast responses, and overall helpfulness.

Less documents asked for

Kiera
Shanghai, China
George Mason University

Head Librarian

Teaching Nomad is an amazing service! I highly recommend working with them. I sent my resume in, a day later heard from Teaching Nomad, and by the end of that week had two very good job offers. In addition to that, I was able to take the TEFL online certification from them, which they reimburse after the 90-day probation period at my job. Their support is amazing. Great people, great program, and a great experience. Teaching Nomad is the place to go to get placed overseas!!!

Johnathan
Miami
University of Florida

Shanghai Position

Moira made the entire process a simple and enjoyable experience. She was always quick to provide answer to questions and gave meaningful support when it counted most. I deeply appreciate working with her and Teaching Nomad to find my dream position. Moira provided step by step advice and counselling for each position. Most importantly she gave realistic advice on positions and benefits. Moria was supportive through salary and benefits negotiations, always willing to step up and go to bat for me. Her inclusion in the process made for a successful job hunt. He highly value and appreciate everything her and Teaching Nomad did for me.

John
Shanghai
Otterbein College

Teaching Nomad - Application Process

Teaching Nomad has now helped me find 2 different outstanding teaching positions in China. They have made the process of applying for teaching positions easy and painless. These positions were in Beijing and Shanghai. These cities are both extremely safe and have large ex-pat communities. These cities you can experience local Chinese culture but also have the comforts of home in the ex-pat areas. What I have seen in the international schools in these cities the schools are all outstanding. They have amazing facilities that schools back home may not have. I would recommend Teaching Nomad and teaching in China for all teachers who are looking to get a job over seas.

Lauren

Found a Perfect Match

I can't thank Jacklynn enough for her assistance in helping me get placed at my new school in China. After deciding to continue teaching science in China, I learned that the international program at my school would be downsizing drastically. Jacklynn helped me find a position at one of the top schools in the province. Not only would I be teaching a subject I love, but I'd get the opportunity to provide professional development to other teachers on staff. And it was all in a matter of a few weeks.
For anyone considering teaching overseas, I would highly recommend working with Teaching Nomad!

Brittany
North Carolina, USA
Gardner-Webb University

I found this site just randomly searching and because of this program, a thought turned into something REAL! Josie did an AMAZING job helping me get acquainted with Teaching Nomad! She made me feel comfortable and she has this incredible way of matching a perfect school to a really excited candidate! And she didn't stop there. I had endless questions and she was always patient and kind, answering the questions fully and responding within a few hours of my question. She didn't let the 12 hour time difference get in the way of anything. I don't know what I would have done without her guidance and Teaching Nomad's wonderful online TEFL course. I now know what to expect and have resources to better run my classroom. I CANNOT wait to start this wonderful experience! I'll add more to my review after I have started in Shanghai!

None. Seriously, communication is the key to this program and Josie did it very well!

Rebecca
MD
University of Connecticut

Great Help & Support

Josie was excellent and on the ball in getting back to me. The administration at the school has also been excellent. I've not gone overseas yet so this review is just of my experience so far. Josie did a good job interviewing me and wrote a profile that reflected my strengths. I asked her for advice in terms of negotiating the contract and she did her due diligence and replied with a well-considered response that helped me. From my experience, this is a totally professional organisation with talented staff. I would completely recommend their services.

Sabreena
New Zealand
Auckland University of Technology

Great Company

I would highly recommend finding a job through Teaching Nomad. I signed up with them a few months ago and it took a few weeks to decide where I wanted to teach. My placement consultant - Mary Long - was very patient whilst I was making my mind up on what to do and when I finally decided that I wanted to teach in China she was able to help me secure a job. She made the whole process simple and was very encouraging. I'm still waiting to apply for my Visa however I'm certain that this process will go smoothly as everything else has been great so far thanks to the support Mary has provided me with.

Myriam
Kenya

Ila Afshar

Getting in touch with Ila Afshar at Teaching Nomad was definitely the right move in my job search. Ila is very professional and always enthusiastic. She took time to know well my profile and to discuss my career plans very seriously. She helped me secure a new opportunity for the next academic year and is helping me through the whole process. This is an amazing experience and I highly recommend Ila.

Sehar
Rutgers University

Teaching Nomad was amazing

I would highly recommend getting in touch with Teaching Nomad if you are interested in pursuing a teaching career abroad. Josie in particular was amazing. She was patient, thorough, and professional in all aspects of the process. Without her guidance and persistence I wouldn't have been able to land the job that I did. Teaching Nomad has it's own reputation amongst schools so when I went in for my interview with the Principal she didn't ask me as many questions about my background/education as I was expecting because she had been given my resume from Teaching Nomad.

Profile
HT
NY, NY
Hunter College

Multiple job postings and great support

I was a teacher in the US looking to teach abroad. My friend recommended that I check out Teaching Nomad (TN). After looking at the website and filling out an application, I was connected with a consultant the following week. Moira took the time to get to know me and explain how TN works. Our interests aligned and thus began the influx of job postings to my email inbox. She sent jobs that were relevant to my qualifications and interests. Within a few weeks, I received offers from schools that wanted to interview me. Even after I accepted an offer, Moira continued to provide support by giving me access to documents that would assist in my visa application and transition to living abroad, and checking in. She is truly a gem!

Zindi
London

Looking for new teaching opportunities ,,,Teaching Nomad can help

I've been teaching English, in Shanghai for almost 8 months and I really like my new career and living in Shanghai. I began looking for new opportunities, and then came across Teaching Nomad. They're a recruitment company and they're services are free. My recruitment contact, was very helpful and he was able to send me different job opportunities in the Shanghai. Teaching Nomad was very organised and professional. The whole recruitment process, was stress free. I've secured another job and start later this year. I'm so happy and would recommend signing up with Teaching Nomad.

George
Dublin,CA USA
University of California- San Diego

Very Supportive

I worked with Josie and she was a great asset in helping me find a job in Shanghai. Josie was always very professional; she answered every question and would regularly check up with me to make sure things were going smoothly. As I start my position in mid-August, tt remains to be seen on how my work environment will be; but I cannot stress enough as to how helpful Teaching Nomad has been for me in finding a job.

Kirsty
United Kingdom
Nottingham Trent University

A professional teaching agency

Our experience with teaching nomad has been second to none. Dylan, our personal placement officer, was absolutely fantastic every step of the way. Throughtout the stages of our eventual placement Dylan offered great guidance and wonderul expertise. Within a few weeks he was able to find both me and my partner teaching positions close to eachother.
10/10 would definitely recommend to any teachers looking to move abroad.

Joseph
Taiwan R.O.C.
William Paterson University

Mary Long from the Denver office of Teaching Nomad was very helpful in finding me employment in China. She was very thorough and gleaned enough information from me that helped employers to take notice of my application. She made me feel at east during the entire interview process and was very kind and supportive. She was also very professional, upbeat, gregarious and thoughtful. I'm sure my time in China will be very exciting and rewarding. The information she provided will be very useful. I am thankful I chose Teaching Nomad to help me seek employment in China.

Don't know if it really needs any improvement. May add some more positions in southeast asia? Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos?

Katelyn
Izmir, Turkey
Oklahoma State University

No problems

I had no problems with the program, I was immediately matched with a ton of high paying jobs. Everything I was looking for in my next job was taken into consideration and I literally could not have secured a more perfect position for myself next year. Jacklynn specifically listened to what I wanted and found an amazing placement for me. Before my process even finished I had recommended this site to a friend looking to go abroad, and she also found a placement!

Probably this isn't possible, but more jobs in the middle east would be nice. I had originally wanted to go there but there were no open positions outside of math or science.

Samantha

Teaching Nomad was amazing

Ashley from Teaching Nomad is a wonderful recruiter. From the start, she was helpful and always available whenever I had any questions. The whole process and interviewing stages ran smoothly with her assistance and constant checking in with me. I have now landed a job at a school in China and I am very grateful for all the help and efforts from Ashley. I definitely recommend anyone looking for a job to use Teaching Nomad, you will not be disappointed.

James

No Complaints

As a newly qualified teacher, I have had dealings with more than a few online placement agencies. In the end, I found that Teaching Nomads and my placement agent Mary were by far the most helpful and responsive to my needs. Mary listened to what I was looking for and provided me with several options. I am very happy with the position I have secured and feel that it is an excellent fit. I am excited to begin work in the fall! I have nothing but good things to say about my experiences with Teaching Nomads. Thanks Mary!

Byron

Great Company

I received my TEFL through Teaching Nomad. Soon after they helped me find a job in China. They are kind and do a great job in helping you find jobs. They are there if you need help and will help you through the process of finding a new job or contract renewal after completing your first year. You will learn a lot in China and your teaching will develop and improve drastically in a short period of time. What I suggest is work hard and try your best, learn about the culture, try to learn the language and you will fall in love with the country.

Emma
Earlham College

So Helpful

Teaching Nomad did an amazing job helping me find a teaching position overseas (Shanghai, China). From the start they were kind, personable, and available for all of my many questions. I can tell they care about helping schools find good teachers and helping those teachers succeed. My connection their, Moira, was and still is available to help me with all kinds of things (I actually just emailed her). From questions about contracts to visas and different schools. I was determined to continue teaching the subject and age group I liked and they found me five schools I was interested in applying to. I ended up getting contacted by two of them and hired by my top pick! I get living accommodations and utilities on top of pay that is comparable to what I make in the US as a teacher (but ends up being a good bit more because I'm not losing 1/3 of it to rent each month). They honestly made finding a teaching job overseas go more smoothly than I ever could have imagined.

The most important service that we provide is behind the scenes research of every school that we can find to identify those worth partnering with. There are 1000's of English schools in Asia, unfortunately not all of them are legitimate. We have contacted, spoke with