Teaching Nomad - Teaching opportunities in China

Teaching Nomad - Teaching opportunities in China

Earn a free international travel program and month-long teacher training course in Shanghai! We're seeking TN Ambassadors to represent us on your home campus. Visit our website for more details.

Teaching Nomad is your connection to great teaching opportunities in China! American owned and operated company with offices in both Shanghai, China & Denver, Colorado. We are the definitive source for teach abroad in China.

Since 2011 we've been vetting schools in China and helping people like you connect with only the best. We have schools hiring for every subject, in 40+ cities. Whether you want to teach English in Shanghai or Biology in Xi'an, we can probably help!

We take a lot of pride in connecting dedicated teachers with great schools all over the country. Teaching Nomad has programs for teachers of all experience levels including Professional educators, Experienced ESL instructors and Beginner teachers. Our clients include International schools, Language training schools, Primary/ Middle/ High schools and kindergartens.

Register with us today to be connected with a dedicated placement consultant who can answer all your questions and find the perfect match for you.

• Very competitive pay
  • Free housing or allowance
  • Benefits (health, flights, bonuses)
  • Personal placement consultant to walk you through the process
  • Opportunity to get your TEFL for free
Asia » China
Recruiter
1 Year+
Salary / Benefits
CNY 10,000 – 35,000 RMB/month + Potential expat packages including: airfare, housing, insurance, meals and more!
Qualifications
Middle School
Pre-School
University Students
Age Max
TN's services will always be free for teachers
Teaching vacancies throughout the country (40+ cities)

Yes Jennifer, pre-school is in high demand! We work with some of the top pre-schools and kindergartens.

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Jerin

Amazing!

Teaching Nomad is a greeeaaat resource and company to utilize when looking for teaching positions overseas. After my profile was complete, Ashley started emailing job offers for my preferred cities; once she submitted my information, I received emails within hours. She's efficient when answering my questions, sending jobs, following up after interviews, and she provided useful information immediately after I accepted my position. Through the whole process, Ashley has been helpful & patient :). Teaching Nomad is truly great at what they do.

Tess
California
University of Nevada

Beyond Happy with Teaching Nomad

Using Teaching Nomad was the biggest help. The whole process of finding a teaching position was simplified. Moira helped me through every step of the way. She was 12 hours ahead but was always so prompt with responses. I was also able to contact her easily via Skype or email. Moira continuously offered excellent advice and was always following up making sure all my questions were answered. She was very knowledgeable about different locations in China and helped me find a good fit for myself. She was great at accommodating my needs! There was never a hassle or stressful moment using Teaching Nomad. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Oliver
Xiamen
Southern Arkansas University

Such a painless process

As soon as I got my documents to Ashley, I had job interviews. I had opportunities in multiple cities in China within the week. It all happened so fast. If you're wanting to teach overseas, they'll find you a home. And every time during the process I had a question, I could email Ashley and she'd get back to me within a few hours, or sooner, as long as you attempted communication during the Chinese working day. I feel confident about my new position, and I don't have any fears about living in Asia for the first time. I'm very happy I decided to go with TeachingNomad.

Raq

Teaching in Shanghai through Teaching Nomad

I have always wanted to go to China to teach, after finishing my Master's degree I knew this was the perfect time. I wanted a company I could go through that were reliable, communicative and thorough, as I had never done anything like this before and needed the support from people that had my best interest at heart. The original company I wanted to go through did not offer this support to me and I chose to part ways and find better options. Teaching Nomad are well established, have a lot of experience and really listen to your needs and wants. Moira McNally, the adviser from Teaching Nomad that walked me through the whole process was awesome! Every question that I had and still have, no matter how big, small or silly, communicated quickly and was always helpful and beneficial with her words. I am very grateful for everything! I have also recommended their services to a friend of mine already, before even finishing the process, as I was so impressed!

Thank you to them for everything.

The only things that I would improve about this whole process was more the benefits the actual school provided. Through talking with them, we were able to come to agreements on these things anyway. So that is all really!

Jennifer
Shanghai
Longy School of Music

Glad to have used Teaching Nomad

To those of you looking to move overseas, I highly recommend using Teaching Nomad. From the moment I signed up and interviewed with TN, I was supported by the same person throughout the whole process. Ms. Long answered my questions, guided me through the process, and supported me through the move to China. The application is heavy on the front end, but once it's complete, it is so easy to look through the website and search for available job opportunities.

I moved to Shanghai from the US about three weeks ago, and just finished my first week of teaching. I am having a wonderful time in Shanghai, and never thought I could have placed a job in a foreign country so quickly. Thank you Teaching Nomad, and thank you Ms. Long, for helping me find this wonderful opportunity in Shanghai.

A few of the files were difficult to upload (size restrictions on the .jpg and .pdf), but everything else was great.

G.
China
University of Connecticut

Customer Service and Support during Application And Visa Process

By selecting work with Teaching Nomad you are choosing to work with a professional ESL job finding service, that in my experience offers terrific, personalized customer service. One of the things that first drove me to using Teaching Nomad was the amount of job postings they had and that they do not charge you for their services. They never charged me for any
of their help.

The process of finding a suitable ESL position and then applying for a visa is not easy. These are both good reasons why having support like teaching nomad has been so helpful. They assign you an online support consultant who has personal experience teaching abroad. They are available via email, skype video/text, you name it. Whenever I had a question it was
answered within the day, very often seconds after you ask. And as a matter of fact, I had an important question days after arriving to my job site, and my Teaching Nomad resolved it within seconds!

T.B.D

Rebecca
UK
Nottingham Trent University

Moira at Teaching Nomad

I would definitely recommend using Teaching Nomad, specifically Moira, when looking for a job in China. She's been wonderful answering all my questions (no matter how numerous and stupid they may be!) Having taught ESL herself I feel like she understood the position I was in perfectly and this made me feel more at ease about the entire process. I'm due to leave in 2 weeks so I can't really say anything about the safety of the school or the social scene, however I'm sure if there were any problems Moira would be happy to help.

Roger
Saint Petersburg, Russia
College of Charleston

Administrative Position with VIA

I want to thank Teaching Nomad for the opportunity to interview and be selected for a very nice position with Vermont International Academy in China. I would also like to recognize the very nice hospitality not to mention professionalism given to me by Mr. Joseph Alter. The support and response was most pleasurable and comforting during my current transition between my overseas job career continuation. I do thank Joseph very much. I will keep TN update as I go through my transition and begin my new journey and positive challenges.

Kind Regards,
Roger Heide

Not applicable at this time

Alison
New York
University of Denver

Great opportunities for teachers of all flavors!

I have really enjoyed the placement I earned through Teaching Nomad. I worked with Jacklynn, who was incredibly supportive and informative throughout the entire process. She checked in with me on my progress as I applied and was hired by USKID. As a full-time classroom teacher here in NY, I wasn't quite ready to hop the pond, so she helped me find a placement that worked. Now I get to tutor young Chinese students in English from ththe comfort of my own home. I enjoy a flexible schedule and access to excellent lesson materials with USKID. It provides a great second source of income, and the lessons are really fun! I am very grateful to have the opportunity.

joanie
South Africa
Cape Peninsula University of Technology

Teaching abroad, China, with my family

So, I was looking for a new job opportunity and went to search the internet. I first worked with a different agency, but they were not too helpful. I searched again and came across Teaching Nomad. I am married and have 2 children, so I took a chance to email them about a teaching job abroad, because I thought it was impossible to take my family with. The next day Jacklynn emailed me back, saying "I would love to work with you" and immediately I felt at ease. We emailed back and forth a few times to discuss the minor detail and then she said we must arrange an interview with her. We scheduled it for 18 July. After the interview she emailed me a few job opportunities. I was interested in them, so she submitted my cv to them. That Friday, 21 July, two schools emailed me to arrange an interview. On 25 July I had my first interview and the next day the school confirmed that I had the job. I am leaving for China, with my family, on 25 August. Jacklynn even helped my husband to get in contact with other agents that guided him through the TEFL course that he is going to start. I am truly satisfied with the help I received from Teaching Nomad. Jacklynn made the whole process so easy and whenever I had a question, she was there the help!

Aiden

Excellent support and ease

This was my third time trying to find work overseas as a first time English teacher, thought it was my first time using Teaching nomad. I greatly regret waiting this long to use their services. Mary Long (My agent) was phenomenal, she found a whole host of schools that fit my criteria. Perhaps the best part of working with Mary was that she was amazing at helping me make a decision on schools as well as providing valuable insight into how Chinese schools work. Throughout the process she checked in with me to see if there was anything I needed help with. When offers had been given to me Mary was more then happy (on request) to provide her take on which school would be a better fit for me. When one of the schools got aggressive with a contract signing, she was there to assure me to hold out and ask questions I hadn't even thought of asking. The school in question then changed the offer, due to alleged filling of the position, and Mary was honest with me about what she thought I should do next. In the end I chose a training school in Shanghai that provided me with 3 teaching contacts to talk to about the school, and provides me with flexible working hours, based on how much and long I want to teach. While this school did not offer accommodation, the airfare reimbursement comes within 2 months, providing me with much a much more likely payback. All in all I had a great experience with Teaching Nomad, and Mary Long and would recommend both for any first time teacher looking to make the move.

Provide more school options after the initial wave.

I.E. when I found a recruiter I would get tons of potential schools, this winded down quickly, meaning if I didn't like or get in to the schools I was nervous that nothing was around the corner.

Andrew
China
Deakin University

Teaching Nomad Recruitment

I was very impressed by Teaching Nomad's recruitment service in China. Moira was extremely helpful, honest and responsive recruiter who made the stress of finding a new job in China much easier. Even after getting a job,Moira continued to provide useful advice and assistance to help organize all the paperwork. I highly recommend Moira (and Teaching Nomad) if you want assistance finding a job in China.

Sharleen
Shenzhen China
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology

Support is Always There!

Working along with Teaching Nomads has been wonderful! After sweet and mostly sour experiences with other local agencies, working with Teaching Nomads has been a true relief. One of the components that made this process so smooth was my assistant placement consultant, Moira Mcnally. Since our initial interview, I could tell she understood what I was looking for in a job, and granted she found great options for me. She always replied promptly to my emails, and there were many! Later within the process and when I was formally offered a position, she was great at coaching me to understand and negotiate the offer. And now, that Im in the middle of the working visa procedures, she has also kindly provided support.

As far as the positions available within Teaching Nomads, they seem very competitive in terms pay and benefits. Thus far, I'm very pleased with the Academy I will be working with next year. The school setting and environment seem to be excellent, and most importantly it seems like a place where I can advance my professional skills. The benefits are competitive. I was surprised to see my medical health plan, since not many schools would provide that.

On another note, I think they're website and platform to place all the information and apply is very convenient and easy to deal with. It's kind of like an online folder. I believe it's a good way to organize all your information.

Overall, I'm very grateful that I found Teaching Nomads online! I believe working with them could definitely make a positive difference in your working experience abroad, and more specifically within China.

Tamiera
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Daytona State College

Thanks to Josie Piehl

Teaching in Asia was so far out from where I was looking to teach. I thought that to teach in Asia you had to have a bachelors degree. Plus my head was in Latin America and Europe. Although after posting my resume/CV on Daves ESL Cafe, Josie reached out to me several times through email. After ignoring it for a number of times ( I was avoiding recruiting companies) i finally clicked the email and responded immediately after viewing the offer. The interview with Josie was not stressful at all. She was both personable and informative. I was asked quite a few questions and in return given detailed responses to my own. I was updated regularly on the status of my application with the company that I work for now. If I had any questions during the application process Josie would respond in under 24 hours. Josie has been one of the best recruiter of any kind that I have ever had...and I have experienced horrible ones! I have been in Taiwan for about 3 weeks now and Josie has been checking in on me since the day I began applying for the position offered. I would definitely recommend that if you are looking for a teaching job and tired of the shady recruiters try "Teaching Nomad." Ask for Josie. 8p

N/A

David
South Korea

My experience with teachingnomad

I have dealt with a number of recruiting agencies in many countries in Asia(both Asian and Western) and some were good, some rude, some unclear, some aggressive and some plainly clueless. You do sometimes get good Asian recruiters, who speak fluently and who provide good info but generally, even though they might be kind, most can't communicate well. Most western recruiters are english speakers but most are either too aggressive or very cold so either situation is not preferable. When teachingnomad agency approached me, I thought, oh well, same agency as always, nothing new but boy was I wrong.
I was dealing with a gentleman named Joseph Alter and he was superb. From the initial interviews that were concrete, informative and practical to the impressive questionnaire that asks really effective questions to the continual checkbacks up until day 1 of employment and after, Joseph has been a great help, really accomodating and supportive. The great thing I love most about them is not only the fact that they communicate everything clearly to you(in English), they have that genial but professional feel that most recruiters don't have. Most interviews didn't go well for me but time and again Joseph kept coming back with a new offer from a different institution, not just any institution but reliable authentic institutions(best offers). Joseph and teachingnomad have been phenomenal for me and anyone looking for a reliable, professional, effective yet friendly agency for teaching jobs must start with teachingnomad.

Everything is great. Keep up the the good work.

Kellee
Canada
University of Alberta

Teaching in China

I was absolutely thrilled to have Ashley working with me when trying to find a job abroad. She was incredibly helpful, understanding and flexible. At the beginning I was very skeptical about teaching over seas and backed out more than once. She remained incredibly patient with me and expressed how she thought I was right to teach abroad. Even though I was hesitant, she continued to send me positions and one of them happened to be my dream job. How could I say no? She found me various schools that fit my skill set and ultimately found the school I will be working at in the fall! I am so excited to teach in Shanghai for a year and I owe it all to her.

Eric

Very Responsive

My experience with Teaching Nomad has been nothing but exceptional. As someone who had recently attained a public school teaching license in the US but was also interested in teaching overseas, I went to Teaching Nomad for help finding schools where my credentials would be recognized. My coordinator was Jacklynn, and she guided me every step of the way. Best of all, there was very little wait before schools were knocking on my door, and an offer was made! I can recommend this agency without hesitation; they will be by your side as you explore the many opportunities out there.

Carla

PERFECT!

After signing up to the Teaching Nomad website I received an e-mail from Moira who was keen to get me started on my way to finding a job that suited me. I interviewed with her and set up my profile with documents etc. and within a week of completing it I had been offered a job with a great school! I am so excited to be off to China with a secure job in a great school with amazing benefits all thanks to Moira and Teaching Nomad!

Katie
Beijing China
Fordham University

Great job support

I was teaching English in Beijing but was looking for a different job- the job I was looking for was pretty niche, and not common in China. I worked with Josie and told her my experience and what I was looking for. She understood the difficulty of finding this type of job, but assured me she'd search. Within a couple months, she had found me an interview and I was hired within a week! She was so supportive and helpful and I would never have found this job if it weren't for her!
I cannot speak to other aspects of teaching nomad, as I have only used this to find a new job, but it was a huge help for me and I could recommend it to anyone!

Kiera
Shanghai, China
George Mason University

Head Librarian

Teaching Nomad is an amazing service! I highly recommend working with them. I sent my resume in, a day later heard from Teaching Nomad, and by the end of that week had two very good job offers. In addition to that, I was able to take the TEFL online certification from them, which they reimburse after the 90-day probation period at my job. Their support is amazing. Great people, great program, and a great experience. Teaching Nomad is the place to go to get placed overseas!!!

The most important service that we provide is behind the scenes research of every school that we can find to identify those worth partnering with. There are 1000's of English schools in Asia, unfortunately not all of them are legitimate. We have contacted, spoke with