Teaching Nomad - Teaching Opportunities in China

Group photo with students and instructor
Group photo with students and instructor
Being silly in class
Being silly in class

Teaching Nomad is your connection to great teaching opportunities in China! TN is an American owned and operated company with offices in Shanghai, China & Denver, Colorado. We are the definitive source for teaching abroad in China.

Since 2011, we've been vetting schools in China and helping people like you connect with only the best. We have schools hiring for every subject in 40+ cities. Whether you want to teach English in Shanghai or Biology in Xi'an, we can help!

We take a lot of pride in connecting dedicated teachers with great schools all over the country. Teaching Nomad has programs for teachers of all experience levels including professional educators, experienced ESL instructors, & beginner teachers. Our clients include international schools, language training schools, primary/middle/high schools, & kindergartens.

Register with us today to be connected with a dedicated placement consultant who can answer all of your questions and find the perfect match for you.

• Very competitive pay
  • Free housing or allowance
  • Benefits (health, flights, bonuses)
  • Personal placement consultant to walk you through the process
  • Opportunity to get $100 back

Yes! A teaching degree is not required to teach abroad. In many cases experience and/or a TEFL certification is an adequate qualification. We place couples all the time!

In such a case we would recommend the individual to contact the authorities to report the assault. This would include local police as well as the consulate or Embassy of your country. Of course we would never work with a school or organization that allowed an assault to occur.

Yes. An individuals ethnicity will not affect their work visa application.

The simple answer is yes but it's important to consider where the child will go to school or who will take care of them while you're working. Many Monday - Friday schools will offer a tuition benefit.

• Benefits 9.5
  • Facilities 9.4
Zadina

Teaching Nomad made a great effort

Teaching Nomad made a great effort in order to help me find an opportunity in China! Although the Coronavirus outbreak has affected my ability to visit China at this time, I am thankful that I got to work with Sylvia Spanos. She was very helpful! I would not have it any other way. Perhaps after the pandemic, I will be able to reapply for opportunities in Asia but for now, I will sit tight in the USA. If you are serious about going to Asia, Teaching Nomad is the place to work with. They will help you with every aspect of the job application process.

Lucy

My Experience With Teaching Nomad.

I had been working in a university in China for nearly three years when I decided it was time for a change. With two education degrees, I was hoping to get a job in an international school. I reached out to Teaching Nomad after hearing great things about the company from my colleagues.

I had a very positive experience with Teaching Nomad, Tiffany Xiao was my agent and she was an absolute star! She helped me to find a number of suitable positions and she provided frequent contact throughout the process. She also helped me to get information regarding a teaching license, which I am excited to start in the upcoming months!

I really cannot recommend Teaching Nomad enough! Because of this company and my wonderful agent I have an amazing job in an international school in Beijing. I cannot wait to start my international school teaching career there!

There is nothing that really comes to mind right now.
Alden

Getting Through the Application Process.

I'm not sure what value my review will serve as I did not complete the process because another opportunity manifested; however, if I persisted in my endeavor to teach abroad Teaching Nomad would have remained my program of choice for several and obvious reasons. For one: my placement consultant, Marissa, really guided me through this process and made it as seamless as possible. I was impressed by the amount of time she spent assisting me and finding jobs that she thought would be a good fit for me. She was also amazing with communication––always responding to my emails and answering literally any question I had. I should also add Teaching Nomad is so centralized that you could complete the process (with an exception of attaining your passport and background check) through them.

Lee

Thanks for finding me my new role!

I have not started the role yet, so I cannot comment on the job itself in any way, however, I have had a positive experience with TN. Initially, I had interviewed with the CEO in Denver, and he seemed really down to Earth and decent. He seems like he would be a nice guy to work alongside. I was then passed to Marissa, another agent, and she was great too. The initial chat we had was clear and reasonable, and it did not seem as though she was a pushy recruiter, unlike many others I have dealt with. She seems keen on actually finding me a role that suited me, not just any role she wanted to 'get rid of' (I have had this SO much previously).

She stayed in touch throughout the process and made sure everything was running smoothly and wished me well at the end. I had found it hard to 'crack' into the international school market with a subject outside of English, but Marissa got me in the door! This could define the rest of my career!

The automated job matching was less on point, 'matching' job in my job alerts being located in completely different cities than I had asked for. This is more a system issue rather than an agent issue of course. I would ignore the job alerts and just go through the agent in future.

Trev

Ollie at TeachingNomad

Ollie (Oliver Gorman) was an absolute star, total professional and a real gent from start to finish of the entire recruitment process. Our initial Skype covered every aspect possible, explaining the entire recruitment process as well as how best to go about all the necessary Notarizations, Legalizations, Authentications, of degrees, etc. for the first Z Visa.
Highly personable, does the job and follows it through, and with speed.
Very grateful to Ollie and all the guys at TeachingNomad.
Very best to you.
Trev

Atique

AMAZED

From the moment I signed up, till I got an official offer I was taken care of. I was given so much guidance and support which I did not expect. My recruiting specialist understood my needs and didn't bombard me with applications but saw opportunities suited to my needs and within a short span of time I had interviews and offers lined up from which I Accepted one. Even after accepting the offer, my recruiter kept checking up on me and gave me pointers and tips on concerns I had to raise with the company I had accepted the offer from. I took her advice and it paid off majorly. Even as I sit now writing this review, I have a bunch of emails with documents and to read with what to expect from the journey that awaits me so I am truly prepared.I'm truly thankful and thrilled for the adventure that awaits.

Ernest

Helped by Ms. Lauren Klein

Ms. Lauren Klein was my recruiter and I found her through Teaching Nomad and I must say she did such an AMAZING JOB helping me with everything!! From immediately returning all of my emails, to answering all of my questions, Lauren helped me from getting my applications in, to going over the steps of getting my documents authenticated and notarized. She and the rest of the teaching nomad staff have been so helpful to me in finding the perfect job and location. Without Ms. Lauren Klein and without teaching nomad, I would have not been able to find the right location to teach at. She's helped me find a company called "APAX English" which is located in Vietnam, where I can teach English. Without the help of Ms. Lauren, I wouldn't have any issues on finding legitimate companies, so I owe her!

Jason

Working with a Recruiter

I worked with a great recruiter named Nicholas. He helped me by taking the time to look for jobs that were best suited to what I was looking for. He spent over 30 minutes asking me questions that would help him figure out schools that I would be interested in. He also spent time answering all the questions I had. Teaching Nomad has a great website to apply for jobs. They also have a very sleek profile builder that makes it easy to apply to many jobs. Although I did not utilize Teaching Nomad to find my job, I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a job in China. Nicholas sent me great emails immediately after meeting with him via Skype. I would definitely utilize them in the future if I was looking for another position as they were very professional and attentive to my needs.

There is nothing I can think of to improve the services Teaching Nomad provides.