Teaching Nomad - Teaching Opportunities in China

Teaching Nomad is your connection to great teaching opportunities in China! TN is an American owned and operated company with offices in Shanghai, China & Denver, Colorado. We are the definitive source for teaching abroad in China.

Since 2011, we've been vetting schools in China and helping people like you connect with only the best. We have schools hiring for every subject in 40+ cities. Whether you want to teach English in Shanghai or Biology in Xi'an, we can help!

We take a lot of pride in connecting dedicated teachers with great schools all over the country. Teaching Nomad has programs for teachers of all experience levels including professional educators, experienced ESL instructors, & beginner teachers. Our clients include international schools, language training schools, primary/middle/high schools, & kindergartens.

Register with us today to be connected with a dedicated placement consultant who can answer all of your questions and find the perfect match for you.

• Very competitive pay
  • Free housing or allowance
  • Benefits (health, flights, bonuses)
  • Personal placement consultant to walk you through the process
  • Opportunity to get $100 back

Hello Erik, most of the English teaching roles posted on our site require candidates from native English speaking countries. However we do have subject teacher positions for non-native speakers if they have experience teaching that subject. We also have TEFL course + job placement opportunities in many countries that don't require the candidates to be native speakers. You can learn more about...

Yes! A teaching degree is not required to teach abroad. In many cases experience and/or a TEFL certification is an adequate qualification. We place couples all the time!

In such a case we would recommend the individual to contact the authorities to report the assault. This would include local police as well as the consulate or Embassy of your country. Of course we would never work with a school or organization that allowed an assault to occur.

Yes. An individuals ethnicity will not affect their work visa application.

• 9-10 rating 92.06%
  • 7-8 rating 7.54%
  • 3-4 rating 0.4%
  • Benefits 9.4
  • Facilities 9.4
Kelvin

Teaching Nomad is the best recruitment agency

I would highly recommend Teaching Nomad if you are looking for a recruitment agency. You can trust me from experience that I say you are in good hands. They can definitely find you the best and right job for you just like they did for me. Not only did they find me a job but they did it very quickly. Any questions are answered quickly. You don’t need to worry when choosing them because they are with you step by step of the way. From me to whoever is reading this I say call off the search and choose Teaching Nomad.

I wouldn’t improve this program in any way. This program and recruitment agency is the best it can be.
Kelvin

Teaching Nomad highly recommended recruitment agency

If you are looking for the best recruitment agency then call the search off because Teaching Nomad is the one and only best recruitment agency you need. Right from the start to the end I was helped and guided to finding the right and best job. Not only did they find me the right and best job but they also did it quickly. You don’t have to worry because you are in such good hands with them. Any questions or help that have will be handled quickly and reassuringly. To me and personal experience with dealing with them I would definitely choose them to help you find a teaching job overseas.

Sam

Teaching Nomad - Employment Success Shanghai

I was paired with Oliver Norman and after a online interview he was very helpful in helping me find a new Job in Shanghai.
The response was quick and opportunities came quickly.
In a short period of time I was offered 3 different jobs and accepted the one that suited me the best.
I am very happy in the new school and working with teaching Nomad made the transition of finding a new job very easy.
I would reccomend their service to anyone looking for employment overseas and was very happy at the amount of opportunities that became avaliable as searching for a new job individually can be difficult and daunting.

Prior to using this service I was finding it very difficult to get my CV in front of employees and using this service I was pleasantly suprised how quickly new opportunities came.
Kathleen

I would definitely recommend Teaching Nomad!

Amidst a global pandemic, I was worried that my dreams of teaching abroad were dashed. However, with the help of Teaching Nomad, I was able to persevere and am now teaching abroad in Shanghai, China! I have an amazing position at a prestigious school. Teaching here, I feel very supported by my community of fellow teachers, parents, and students. There is a level of professional respect for teachers that inspires me to teach to my highest potential! I want to thank all of the staff at Teaching Nomad who helped me to obtain my TEFL certification, get hired at my current position, and go through the Visa process to move from the US to China. I highly recommend working with Teaching Nomad to help make your international teaching dreams come true!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I was very concerned that I would not be able to travel abroad due to the travel limitations set forth from the global pandemic. However, with the support of Teaching Nomad and my school, I was able to overcome this hurdle and make it to China!
Vincent

Thank you Teaching Nomad for helping me to land my first teach job! You guys are terrific.

Jayne, who was my Placement Consultant, is super professional and very helpful. She listened to my needs and gave me the leads accordingly, which I ended up landing a teaching job with one of the most reputable teaching center in Shanghai, China. She also followed up with me from time to time to see how I was doing and also invited me to teacher network event, which I find is a great opportunity to network with other teachers in Shanghai. This shows she really cares about their users. I would definitely continue to use Teaching Nomad's service. I highly recommended their service to others.

Uzair

Teaching nomad

I was helped by a lady named Moira. The support and effort was second to none. Super grateful for the support. Finding a job during this difficult period would always pose a challenge however the assistance from teaching nomad made the process much easier. They also offered continuous support once I start working. They have been absolutely fantastic.

George

Teaching Nomad Review

I had taught in China a year before using Teaching Nomad at a training school and had quite a mixed experience due to the management of the school. I decided to work at a kindergarten the next time and used Teaching Nomad to help find a school.

I was looking for a kindergarten that was away from the big cities like Beijing and Shanghai but still connected enough to be able to travel around. My adviser, Moira, was excellent- she listened to all the things I wanted from a school and was able to find me a placement that worked for me very quickly. She also answered any questions I had in regards to the process of getting out to china, health insurance and the area the school was in. Due to the pandemic it's quite difficult to find schools in China right now and I wouldn't have found what looks to be a great school without her help.

Looking forward to travelling out to Foshan when the borders open!

Maybe information about certain popular teaching locations could be compiled and sent as an email to have like a summary of different areas in China that has information relevant to teachers and expats in general.
Andrew

Great Choice

Helped me from the very start, which for me was trying to decide which TEFL certification to go with. From there my consultant, Moira, helped me with the documents I needed, gave me resume tips, sent off my profile to various schools even before my certification was complete, and gave me interview tips when the schools wanted to meet me. Thanks to help Moira and teaching nomad provided, I have just signed a contract with a higher than normal salary for a first time teacher. Now they are helping me out with authenticating my documents and my application for a visa :)

No improvements to note. Super helpful and great customer service :)