Teach in Shanghai, China with Flying English

Flying English School is a boutique English language school for young children in downtown Shanghai. We started our school in 2013 to improve the quality of after-school education and are now looking for two new teachers to start in March 2018

Schedule: Evenings and weekends (two weekdays off)
18-25 teaching hours a week
Location: Shanghai, Huangpu district (downtown)
Age of students: 3-12 years old
small class sizes of 4-6 students

We are looking for enthusiastic and bubbly people for this English language center in Shanghai. The successful candidate will have a passion to see youngsters learn in a fun and friendly environment. Beginners or experienced teachers may apply!

• Small class sizes of 4-6 students
  • Free professional and personal development including paid certificate courses
  • Above industry-average compensation
  • Opportunities for promotion - we encourage and reward long-term commitment
  • Community Outreach - All are teachers routinely volunteer at low-income primary schools

• Benefits 10
  • Facilities 9.7
Winnie

Rewarding career

I've been here at Teaching English for nearly 2 years now and watched it grow from 3 small classrooms to a massive building with 13 classrooms and several hundred students. From the very beginning, the work environment has always felt more like a family. Whenever I needed help for personal issues such as living costs and getting around, my colleagues and boss were more than happy to assist me. I absolutely love the working environment and it has taught me so much. You are not handed your students and classes, you work for them. Demos are given to introduce to parents and students how you teach and if the context is suitable for their child. If they like you, they sign. You are also free to plan your own lessons in whatever way you find best would suit your students. I've built so many strong bonds with not just my colleagues, but with my students and their parents as well. It's amazing to watch your students go from speaking close to zero English to being able to speak in complete sentences.

Robert

Flying English

Shanghai is a vast city filled with many opportunities, but having a chance to work at Flying English is one of the greatest. The facilities are spacious for teaching, and the staff is composed of agreable people. There are many benefits, and there is a balance between office work and class hours. Everyone is eager to develop the curriculum; there is an attention to detail and genuine interest in teaching which might not be found in some English schools. My coworkers and boss have all been helpful not only in revising and improving lesson plans, but also becoming more familliar with the city and correcting my Chinese. Free Chinese classes have been implemented, and there are many resources and opportunities to strengthen your language skills during your stay in Shanghai. Even events such as Winter and Summer Camp, lasting 1.5 to 7 weeks respectively, do have a level of fun that do not create the fatigue you might expect from teaching nearly an entire day. Having worked in a different English school after my arrival in Shanghai, I can confidently say that Flying English is an improvement on my previous experience. The class sizes allow teachers to focus on individual progress, and it is rewarding to see children progress from simple sentence structures to describing their days before the beginning of a class. The bulk of the work lies in lesson planning, and again teachers during my time here regularly evaluate each other and offer advice and suggestions to make classes more efficient and enjoyable. Flying English has become not only a job, but a community of friends without whom I would make my time in Shanghai much less interesting and worthwhile. There is a sense of ambition, passion, and comeraderie here which make it an easy workplace to recommend.

Laura

Home in Shanghai

After moving to Shanghai to get my TEFL certification, I was unsure how to continue my time and teaching in the city. Working at Flying English was flexible and provided the support I needed to make a living, make friends and connections, and explore teaching! Everyone was so welcoming and excited, and will help you in any way you might need including finding housing, negotiating, transportation, and learning to live in Shanghai. The students all have a place in my heart and I can't imagine my experience anywhere else. If you are looking for a family and a place to grow and teach in Shanghai, look no further

Debra

Flying is one of the best training schools in Shanghai to work at

After talking to a bunch of other teachers who also work at training schools, I would say that the teachers at Flying have consistently been the happiest. No one complains about curriculum or the atmosphere of the school. That is because this is a smaller school, and the current staff tries very hard to be supportive and helpful to each other. The reason I have my apartment is because my boss found it and helped me negotiate in Chinese, and even now I get help with everything from bills to basic phone calls. They've even provided free Chinese classes for teachers because we asked for it (we told them we could pay). My favorite thing is that everyone is serious about education and tries their best to make their own classes the best. The curriculum is set up to give guidelines, but you get to be creative with your own lesson plans and activities. The teachers have meetings to share how we do our own classes, and to draw inspiration from each other. I feel incredibly fortunate to work here, and I'm likely to stay at least another year. If your goal is to teach in China, Flying would be my top option.

Earlier clear scheduling for holiday events.
John

Living in Asia

Living in Shanghai has been the highlight of my life so far. I've traveled and met more interesting people from all over the world in my past 3 years than I have my 23 years in Los Angeles. I've learned enough Chinese to get around but could of been fluent if I took the Chinese classes seriously. The school itself is a great school where the staff and people actually really care about the children's education. They help you get settled in when you arrive by helping with bank cards, sim cards, medical insurance, and housing. Their support for teaching is excellent where all teachers help and give each other ideas on how to teach different books/ units. We also get free Chinese classes and a company trip once a year which creates a bond and connection for the teachers. Altogether, FE is a great place to work.

The school is already excellent itself. Sometimes there are mix ups and last minute one on one or online classes but they are small issues that all institutions have. It is nothing big and can be dealt or fixed easily. The company's vest for the winter is great but maybe a t-shirt for the summer with the school's local would be good too.
Tina

Tina

When I first decided I wanted to travel, I was hesitant because the idea of moving to a foreign country I barely knew was frightening. I feel very fortunate to have found this school and to have met the amazing staff who work there. They helped me set up everything I needed to survive and thrive in Shanghai. The school itself is great and they are always looking for ways to improve. I appreciate that they care about their teachers and they offer a lot of vacation time too! I highly recommend this school. My Shanghai experience wouldn’t have been the same without the wonderful people at Flying English. Thank you!

Connor

Awesome experience to teach abroad in a great city

When I first came to China I was unsure if i could survive and enjoy teaching in China. But when I started working at Flying English all my fears subsided. They have been incredibly helpful with adjusting to life in Shanghai. Teaching is small classes is a huge plus. It is an excellent teaching environment. I did not have teaching experience before coming to Shanghai. Flying English and been very helpful in my development as a teacher. I would 100% recommend teaching her.

About Flying English School

Flying English School is a boutique English language school for young children in downtown Shanghai. We started our school in 2013 to improve the quality of after-school education and now have a team of 14 staff and 400+ students.

In addition to...