Teach in Shanghai, China with Flying English

Flying English21
Flying English3
Flying English3
Flying English2

Flying English School is a boutique English language school for young children in downtown Shanghai. We started our school in 2015 to improve the quality of after-school education and are hiring year-round.

Schedule: Evenings and weekends (two weekdays off)
18-25 teaching hours a week
Location: Shanghai, Huangpu & Hong Kou district (downtown Shanghai)
Age of students: 3-12 years old
small class sizes of 4-6 students

We are looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people for this English language center in Shanghai. The successful candidate will have a passion to see youngsters learn in a fun and friendly environment. Beginners or experienced teachers may apply!

• Since the borders are closed, we're only considering applicants already in China
  • Small class sizes of 4-6 students
  • Free professional and personal development including paid certificate courses
  • Opportunities for promotion - we encourage and reward long-term commitment
  • Community Outreach - We run an English program at low-income primary schools in Shanghai

COVID-19 Announcement

We're only considering candidates already in China until at least October 2020

• Benefits 10
  • Facilities 9.8
Sarah

Sarah

I've been working at Flying English for a year and I love here. When I first came here, I was worried that I could not do well and my colleagues would not get along well. But when I came here, I found that there was a good working atmosphere and everyone was friendly, just like a big family. In this year, I learned a lot, whether it is the ability to solve problems, or self-improvement. The school ofren organizes activities where people hang out together. I believe Flying English will get better and better in the future!

Pingping

Teach at Flying English

I’ve been working at Flying English Center for a year. It has been an interesting and challenging experience for me. My main job is to improve the teaching system and train new teachers. Even though I had taught Children English for almost 7 years before working here, it’s still a very challenging job for me. Fortunately, the people at school are all super helpful and everyone here takes education very seriously. They are very eager to learn and improve their teaching skills. Throughout the training process, I have received constant feedback from all of the teachers. It's great to work with a group of people that we can learn from each other.
As teachers, at Flying English, we are always encouraged to be creative with our class. Finding the best and most suitable way to teach different classes is one of the most exciting parts of the job. Teachers share new activities and offer suggestions to make classes more effective and efficient. School has never stopped trying to provide a better environment for teachers to develop, especially for new teachers. If you want to become a real teacher and meet great people, I highly reccommend this school.

Crystal

work at flying english

l joined Flying English two years ago and l want to recommond this school for everyone.When I first joined Flying English it was a bit confusing for me. We only had a staff of 7, so it was challenging to have a lot of different responsibilites. After my training I have learned how to solve the problems I have encountered at work every day (for example, liaising with parents and teachers). Since then, I've also been promoted and have seen the staff grow from 7 to 30 plus!They will give everyone training to improve their ability. We also have a lot of festival, eg. hallloween/christmas.Everyone will very excited to decorate our school.And then we can play with each other,also can have fun. l am very glad to meet this school and my partner.We are family.

Maggie

Work at Flying English

I joined Flying English several months ago and I want to recommend this school for anyone who is looking for a position at a kids ESL school in Shanghai. Everyone at school, especially the boss, is so nice and they always provide you with support and help about not only work but also private life. We have a lot of trainings on different topics, like how to teach and how to talk with parents. Every employee can get the opportuntity to learn and grow from the work. I felt a little bit challenging when I first took the position because I didn't know much about kids ESL industry. With the training, I get to know the teaching materials more and I am able to talk with different parents easily. I am so happy to see self improvement from the job. We are a big family here :D

Winnie

Rewarding career

I've been here at Teaching English for nearly 2 years now and watched it grow from 3 small classrooms to a massive building with 13 classrooms and several hundred students. From the very beginning, the work environment has always felt more like a family. Whenever I needed help for personal issues such as living costs and getting around, my colleagues and boss were more than happy to assist me. I absolutely love the working environment and it has taught me so much. You are not handed your students and classes, you work for them. Demos are given to introduce to parents and students how you teach and if the context is suitable for their child. If they like you, they sign. You are also free to plan your own lessons in whatever way you find best would suit your students. I've built so many strong bonds with not just my colleagues, but with my students and their parents as well. It's amazing to watch your students go from speaking close to zero English to being able to speak in complete sentences.

Robert

Flying English

Shanghai is a vast city filled with many opportunities, but having a chance to work at Flying English is one of the greatest. The facilities are spacious for teaching, and the staff is composed of agreable people. There are many benefits, and there is a balance between office work and class hours. Everyone is eager to develop the curriculum; there is an attention to detail and genuine interest in teaching which might not be found in some English schools. My coworkers and boss have all been helpful not only in revising and improving lesson plans, but also becoming more familliar with the city and correcting my Chinese. Free Chinese classes have been implemented, and there are many resources and opportunities to strengthen your language skills during your stay in Shanghai. Even events such as Winter and Summer Camp, lasting 1.5 to 7 weeks respectively, do have a level of fun that do not create the fatigue you might expect from teaching nearly an entire day. Having worked in a different English school after my arrival in Shanghai, I can confidently say that Flying English is an improvement on my previous experience. The class sizes allow teachers to focus on individual progress, and it is rewarding to see children progress from simple sentence structures to describing their days before the beginning of a class. The bulk of the work lies in lesson planning, and again teachers during my time here regularly evaluate each other and offer advice and suggestions to make classes more efficient and enjoyable. Flying English has become not only a job, but a community of friends without whom I would make my time in Shanghai much less interesting and worthwhile. There is a sense of ambition, passion, and comeraderie here which make it an easy workplace to recommend.

Laura

Home in Shanghai

After moving to Shanghai to get my TEFL certification, I was unsure how to continue my time and teaching in the city. Working at Flying English was flexible and provided the support I needed to make a living, make friends and connections, and explore teaching! Everyone was so welcoming and excited, and will help you in any way you might need including finding housing, negotiating, transportation, and learning to live in Shanghai. The students all have a place in my heart and I can't imagine my experience anywhere else. If you are looking for a family and a place to grow and teach in Shanghai, look no further

Debra

Flying is one of the best training schools in Shanghai to work at

After talking to a bunch of other teachers who also work at training schools, I would say that the teachers at Flying have consistently been the happiest. No one complains about curriculum or the atmosphere of the school. That is because this is a smaller school, and the current staff tries very hard to be supportive and helpful to each other. The reason I have my apartment is because my boss found it and helped me negotiate in Chinese, and even now I get help with everything from bills to basic phone calls. They've even provided free Chinese classes for teachers because we asked for it (we told them we could pay). My favorite thing is that everyone is serious about education and tries their best to make their own classes the best. The curriculum is set up to give guidelines, but you get to be creative with your own lesson plans and activities. The teachers have meetings to share how we do our own classes, and to draw inspiration from each other. I feel incredibly fortunate to work here, and I'm likely to stay at least another year. If your goal is to teach in China, Flying would be my top option.

Earlier clear scheduling for holiday events.